Sellik Game 12/03/16

Lindau

The last of our power trio of consecutive matches against the top 3. Can't say I am expecting that much. We have had a brutal run of games while Celtic have been able to put their feet up and relax. Think there will be a few with knocks and a few heavy legs out there, however if we can tidy up the defending a bit, a repeat of Tuesday might give us a chance of grabbing something. This is a game we are not expected to win, so why not give German a run out, with the instructions to run himself into the ground and then bring Dools and or Poggers on later on. Would like to see the guy get a chance, just to see if he has anything to offer.

Edited by Lindau

Would like to see us give ourselves a real chance in this one and go 2 up front.

As you say we have nothing to lose and nothing is expected of us. Yes, a heavy defeat would be horrible but I honestly don't think Celtic are capable of doing that to anyone at the moment.

We'll probably never have a better chance to beat them than we've had this season, and this could be our last shot at them, so I'd happily accept a defeat as long as we have a go at least.

• Like 4

If big Pogba has anything left in the tank I'd like to see him start - he caused Celtic some problems in the last game at Firhill. A front 2 of him him and Dools could cause them problems with Pogbas presence and Dools finesse. We really should have taken something from the New Year game so lets hope we can get something out of this before our games against the teames below us.

• Like 1

Would like to see us give ourselves a real chance in this one and go 2 up front.

As you say we have nothing to lose and nothing is expected of us. Yes, a heavy defeat would be horrible but I honestly don't think Celtic are capable of doing that to anyone at the moment.

We'll probably never have a better chance to beat them than we've had this season, and this could be our last shot at them, so I'd happily accept a defeat as long as we have a go at least.

One of my most despised cliches; it gets trotted out regularly, and is basically meaningless.

But agreed: let's have a real go, but I will not happily accept defeat, ever, against them or their brothers in crime.

If big Pogba has anything left in the tank I'd like to see him start - he caused Celtic some problems in the last game at Firhill. A front 2 of him him and Dools could cause them problems with Pogbas presence and Dools finesse. We really should have taken something from the New Year game so lets hope we can get something out of this before our games against the teames below us.

^^^^^ wise old men

Anyone that's attended four of our last five games, provided they've got an aversion to watching football in Lanarkshire, shouldn't be too surprised if we get a result on Saturday. Odds against, definitely, but a Jags win wouldn't register that much of a shock.

My own opinion is we'll just come up short once again. However, again forgetting Fir Pk, the four goals we've shipped in the four games we've played well in have all been rather avoidable and all been kinda similar. Tighten up on defending those cross balls then who knows?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Anyone that's attended four of our last five games, provided they've got an aversion to watching football in Lanarkshire, shouldn't be too surprised if we get a result on Saturday. Odds against, definitely, but a Jags win wouldn't register that much of a shock.

My own opinion is we'll just come up short once again. However, again forgetting Fir Pk, the four goals we've shipped in the four games we've played well in have all been rather avoidable and all been kinda similar. Tighten up on defending those cross balls then who knows?

One of my most depised cliches. What goal was not avoidable ?

One of my most depised cliches. What goal was not avoidable ?

The two against Aberdeen most certainly were.

Poor header from Dan for the first, but poor reaction from the defenders in the back post area thereafter allowing Considine not his first easy goal at Firhill in the last couple of years.

For the second - corner eminently avoidable in the first place (Liam), followed by Dools losing his man on the cross. It does beg the question of why our striker is marking the opposition's striker on a dead ball, but I'll assume that Archie's instructions were being followed.

Edited by Barney Rubble

I see the main stand is sold out. With JHS season ticket holders able to choose either the MS or NS to sit in, and it seems no need to obtain a paper ticket in advance, how does the club know how many tickets to sell in each the MS and NS? If there are 4500 seats between the two stands and say we have 1500 ST holders then they can sell 3000 tickets but how do they allocate them? Just curious. Of greater interest of course is gaining some points...

I see the main stand is sold out. With JHS season ticket holders able to choose either the MS or NS to sit in, and it seems no need to obtain a paper ticket in advance, how does the club know how many tickets to sell in each the MS and NS? If there are 4500 seats between the two stands and say we have 1500 ST holders then they can sell 3000 tickets but how do they allocate them? Just curious. Of greater interest of course is gaining some points...

points are most important but a bumper crowd will do no harm to our cash flow especially given how it would have suffered from the call offs. I don't know if the hospitality is sold out?

I'm going to arrive after kick off so no doubt I'll find out if it works. :eyebrow:

Edited by scotty

Just saw that myself. I don't recall any mention of having to have a paper ticket even if you are a season ticket holder. Too late to ask now and I too will have to find out on the day. They certainly have not made things clear.

Just saw that myself. I don't recall any mention of having to have a paper ticket even if you are a season ticket holder. Too late to ask now and I too will have to find out on the day. They certainly have not made things clear.

I can only assume that the number of seats in the Main Stand exceeds the number of ST holders in the JHS and the Club has sold the difference. If that's the case PATG punters without a Main Stand ticket will have to go to the North Stand even tho' it's highly unlikely ST holders will take up the full allocation. Clear as mud.

I can only assume that the number of seats in the Main Stand exceeds the number of ST holders in the JHS and the Club has sold the difference. If that's the case PATG punters without a Main Stand ticket will have to go to the North Stand even tho' it's highly unlikely ST holders will take up the full allocation. Clear as mud.

And if JHS ST holders go to the NS in numbers then there will be unused seats in the "sold out" MS, and if the NS were to fill up then will people wishing to get in to the NS be turned away.... to the MS....

I guess we will find out tomorrow.....

And if JHS ST holders go to the NS in numbers then there will be unused seats in the "sold out" MS, and if the NS were to fill up then will people wishing to get in to the NS be turned away.... to the MS....

I guess we will find out tomorrow.....

I don't think there is a pay at the gate. If you want to go you need to get a ticket by 10.30 tomorrow.

If the MS is sold out are there going to Celtic supporters in