Cowdenbeath Match

Jagsman

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would a defeat on saturday be end of mccall because that would be 4 defeats in august and we have been rotten in all of our games, mccall said about youngsters playing but the likes of donnelly maxwell robertson get games where these so called youngsters

A defeat would be terrible, i'll agree with that, and it would certainly increase the pressure on McCall and the team. I'm not a happy clapper but I still think McCall is a good manager.

I really have to question your assertion that we have been rotten in all our games. Look back at the comments on this forum after the Dundee, Berwick, Clyde and Falkirk games and you'll see that at least we were content with the performance, and in the case of Dundee, almost raving about it! The problem for us is that these games were all at home (where I think we'll be good) and when we're on the road we are worse than piss. If we can get that sorted, we'll be fine. And a lot happier.

The youngsters were always going to be introduced gradually and in the past few weeks, the most likely ones have been carrying knocks.

problem with football its about results and then performances and i know this is complete oppisite to what i said but we have won some matches and have been rank rotten i never accept been 2nd best in games so i dont know how we can be content in losing 1-0 to falkirk as it is a defeat

problem with football its about results and then performances and i know this is complete oppisite to what i said but we have won some matches and have been rank rotten i never accept been 2nd best in games so i dont know how we can be content in losing 1-0 to falkirk as it is a defeat

whos content?

you said, "we have been rotten in all of our games" well we havent have we, there is a difference.

we might not like the score but that does not mean we played crap.

Nobody is saying we are content with losing as long as we play well. All we are trying to highlight is that we've NOT been rank rotten in all our games so far - there HAVE been positives.

I felt strange after the Morton game because we deserved nothing - whereas at the back end of last season (bar Dunfermline) we largly deserved SOMETHING but more often than not ended uplosing 1-0.

I'd even go so far to suggest that tactically McCall has been good this season - the team were well prepared for Dundee and Falkirk, who are supposed to be promotion contenders. I think too, that the players have to take responsibility for their performance - there is no way McCall could have prepared for what they produced at Morton. I wasn't at Raith so I can't comment but I do think the nature of the third goal pretty much ended that game before half time.

We need to find goals from somewhere. That is our only real problem, and I don't pretend it isn't a big one.

Nobody is saying we are content with losing as long as we play well. All we are trying to highlight is that we've NOT been rank rotten in all our games so far - there HAVE been positives.

I felt strange after the Morton game because we deserved nothing - whereas at the back end of last season (bar Dunfermline) we largly deserved SOMETHING but more often than not ended uplosing 1-0.

I'd even go so far to suggest that tactically McCall has been good this season - the team were well prepared for Dundee and Falkirk, who are supposed to be promotion contenders. I think too, that the players have to take responsibility for their performance - there is no way McCall could have prepared for what they produced at Morton. I wasn't at Raith so I can't comment but I do think the nature of the third goal pretty much ended that game before half time.

We need to find goals from somewhere. That is our only real problem, and I don't pretend it isn't a big one.

:thumbsup2:

would a defeat on saturday be end of mccall because that would be 4 defeats in august and we have been rotten in all of our games, mccall said about youngsters playing but the likes of donnelly maxwell robertson get games where these so called youngsters

In an ideal world, Yes, but won't happen.

The ideal world being where we can afford to pay McCall off and bring in a rated and proven manager who would also be provided with sufficient funds to improve the squad. I think if we were in that ideal world, 90% of Jags fans would be happy to see the back of McCall right now.

His record in past 10 months has been pretty poor to say the least, add in his frequent dubious lineups, choice of players, tactics (or lack of), ignoring of the bleeding obvious to most in JHS or at away games, questionable signings - then there's the almost weekly WTF moments in his comments (for instance, his views on individuals performances being totally polar opposite to most Jags fans in certain games, or his recent digs at fans and defence/deflect-blame-from-himself lines, or a number of other-things-he-shouldn't-have-said instances), as well as repeated 'youths will be given chances in squad and team' comments and invariably we don't see them, and other McCall BS which we have seen a lot more of in past year, compared to the first couple of years of his tenure.

Bottom line is, we (well, our illustrious board whom we hold in such high regard and who are not entirely blameless in this either, but thats a wider discussion for a seperate thread) can't afford to pay McCall off, before even considering paying level of wages for type of manager we would all like/need, let alone fund a squad overhaul as well.

The disheartening likely reality is, unless we have less than 15 or 20 points, and/or crowds are down to under 1500 to 2000 average by end of the year, then McCall probably won't be sacked.

The best anyone can hope for in wishing for McCall to go anytime in next 6 months to a year, is he either walks, another club comes in for him, or £100K to 200K+ suddenly appears from out of nowhere into the club (and who knows what we may end up with to replace McCall - could be someone like Maxi :shok::surprised: - there is no guarantee even a 'bigger name' manager would see an improvement).

Sad times.

Alternatively, McCall (and his players) can prove his growing band of doubters and believers-turned-unbelievers wrong, and turn this seasons poor start (as well as the horror decline from last October) around, with the same group of players we have regularily seen under-perform and disappoint.

A welcome change (and one which could maybe buy him some time with the support) is to give youth a chance - maybe some singsongs of "All we are saying, is give youth a chance" may help get the message across? It would also be nice to see the whole team really try for 90 minutes, every game every week (too often we only see some of the players some of the time for some of the games trying - how often these days do we come away impressed with the effort and performance of say 4 or more of them? Let alone all 11 of them.)

The Challenge.

Edited by yoda-jag

I agree! For the Cowdenbeath match we should stick three up front, surely we could get a goal then.

I was lucky enough to miss the Falkirk game but have been to every other game, the only one where I can say we played well was the Dundee game! The other games, mostly against 3rd division crap or second rate 1st division sides, we looked absolutely shocking with absolutely no ideas from middle to front. I fear the worst for the rest of the season, McColl doesn't have a clue, the players are inept or over the hill, but worst of all the board sit with their fingers up their ar#eholes waiting for a fairy godmother to give them 3 wishes ( they would probably f#ck that up as well). With this in mind, see you at the game tomorrow!!

Edited by Grim Reaper

In an ideal world, Yes, but won't happen.

The ideal world being where we can afford to pay McCall off and bring in a rated and proven manager who would also be provided with sufficient funds to improve the squad. I think if we were in that ideal world, 90% of Jags fans would be happy to see the back of McCall right now.

His record in past 10 months has been pretty poor to say the least, add in his frequent dubious lineups, choice of players, tactics (or lack of), ignoring of the bleeding obvious to most in JHS or at away games, questionable signings - then there's the almost weekly WTF moments in his comments (for instance, his views on individuals performances being totally polar opposite to most Jags fans in certain games, or his recent digs at fans and defence/deflect-blame-from-himself lines, or a number of other-things-he-shouldn't-have-said instances), as well as repeated 'youths will be given chances in squad and team' comments and invariably we don't see them, and other McCall BS which we have seen a lot more of in past year, compared to the first couple of years of his tenure.

Bottom line is, we (well, our illustrious board whom we hold in such high regard and who are not entirely blameless in this either, but thats a wider discussion for a seperate thread) can't afford to pay McCall off, before even considering paying level of wages for type of manager we would all like/need, let alone fund a squad overhaul as well.

The disheartening likely reality is, unless we have less than 15 or 20 points, and/or crowds are down to under 1500 to 2000 average by end of the year, then McCall probably won't be sacked.

The best anyone can hope for in wishing for McCall to go anytime in next 6 months to a year, is he either walks, another club comes in for him, or £100K to 200K+ suddenly appears from out of nowhere into the club (and who knows what we may end up with to replace McCall - could be someone like Maxi :shok::surprised: - there is no guarantee even a 'bigger name' manager would see an improvement).

Sad times.

Alternatively, McCall (and his players) can prove his growing band of doubters and believers-turned-unbelievers wrong, and turn this seasons poor start (as well as the horror decline from last October) around, with the same group of players we have regularily seen under-perform and disappoint.

A welcome change (and one which could maybe buy him some time with the support) is to give youth a chance - maybe some singsongs of "All we are saying, is give youth a chance" may help get the message across? It would also be nice to see the whole team really try for 90 minutes, every game every week (too often we only see some of the players some of the time for some of the games trying - how often these days do we come away impressed with the effort and performance of say 4 or more of them? Let alone all 11 of them.)

The Challenge.

I agree totally as a "believer-turned-unbeliever". If the crowds drop to below 2000 regularly, we will end up in administration and relegation will be a certainty. The bank will not allow the overdraft to rise again. It will pull the plug and sell what's left of the ground to get it's money back. McCall must turn it around or go soon.

Wonder what's up with Robbo?

Yeah, it's a bit tricky to figure out what formation we'll be playing too. From the order the players are listed and the fact it seems we'll be going back to 5-3-2 this season, I'd assume Flannigan has been moved to defence and Donnelly to midfield, thought with those players a 4-3-3 is possible :unsure:

Yeah, it's a bit tricky to figure out what formation we'll be playing too. From the order the players are listed and the fact it seems we'll be going back to 5-3-2 this season, I'd assume Flannigan has been moved to defence and Donnelly to midfield, thought with those players a 4-3-3 is possible :unsure:

I'd like to think that Flannagan is playing on the left wing in a 4-4-2 today. Just because he's wearing No4 shouldn't mean he's playing at the back unless McCall has totally lost the plot!

Sid will be on the right of midfield I'd have thought.

I'd like to think that Flannagan is playing on the left wing in a 4-4-2 today. Just because he's wearing No4 shouldn't mean he's playing at the back unless McCall has totally lost the plot!

Sid will be on the right of midfield I'd have thought.

Hopefully.

Only other thought would be 4-3-3, with Sid through the middle to hold it up/lay it off and Doolan and Buchanan drifting wider but being asked to provide a lot of running and movement.