2016-17 Pre Season Thread!

Lindau

Was offered a new contract at Reading in May, but no note whether he has accepted it. Looks like we are looking for a half season loan in the hope Muzzy is fit from January onwards

Maybe the young lad, McInally, will be what you could describe as a squad player by then? I've said before there's not much separating him from Penrice when playing in the development side. Needs to bulk up but perhaps not by much as he's a pretty robust character as it is. Like Penrice he would probably benefit from a loan spell first.

I think most would agree if we get a settled centreback pairing, that's comfortable playing in the top league, then we can be more adventurous with our full backs. I wouldn't foresee much of a problem playing either McInally or Penrice from an attacking aspect.

Liked the look of that Liam Donnely - he had a confidence about him, but Ciren were poor upfront, so as Twinny said it was not a good game to judge him on. Thought David Syme had a good game - first half as an attacking full back, but was happy to stay back second half when we were operating a back 3. The Goalie Cullin was a bit wee and skinny, but he was a good organiser and was vocal, letting the defence know where he was and where he wanted them - although he did give us one hairy moment with a bad miskick.

Looking forward to another wee toddle down the road (in relative terms) to Bath on Saturday to see the Jags.

Something that annoys me is the we have Elliot for right back/left back - sorry he is good for cover but that is not his position. Same as the oh we have bannigan for left back - just stop it now !

Anything you say! Don't think anyone said Elliot was a right or left back only that he can fill in there in an emergency (as he has done in both positions before) We are short in both positions at the moment and being honest I don't really see where Christie is going to play this season other than in positions that are short of cover.

So today's team starting against Bath is:

Trialist, Trialist, McMullin,Trialist, Devine, Osman, Amoo, Welsh, Pogba, Azeez, Nisbet.

Two defenders and a Goalkeeper on trial then I am guessing.

Erskine, Doolan, Edwards on the bench?

Edited by sandy