2016-17 Pre Season Thread!

Lindau

I think some are forgetting on how good Balatoni was in the second half of his final season here. I was very disappointed he left as he had formed a fine partnership with Frans. With that defensive partnership we were very solid at the back and had a number of clean sheets. The centre backs we had at the club last year were too similar and Archie has brought in Devine to bring somebody with a bit a pace and more able to pass the ball out of defence.

The basics of this is if Archie can get Balatoni back to form before we left he would be an excellent signing.

• Like 1

I think some are forgetting on how good Balatoni was in the second half of his final season here. I was very disappointed he left as he had formed a fine partnership with Frans. With that defensive partnership we were very solid at the back and had a number of clean sheets. The centre backs we had at the club last year were too similar and Archie has brought in Devine to bring somebody with a bit a pace and more able to pass the ball out of defence.

The basics of this is if Archie can get Balatoni back to form before we left he would be an excellent signing.

He's that good that a shit club like Killie want rid of him? IMO, not a good option

I don't think the discussion here should be about whether Balatoni is better than Lindsay or vice versa - it should be about whether Balatoni is good enough as backup and we do need backup in Central Defense.

In the one game I have seen(QOTS), I thought Lindasy looked more comfortable on the left side than last season(on the right).However, I do think that he will probably need some relief this season, even if he stays fit and suspension free. Could Balatoni be that player - probably. Would he want to be - probably not.

That's more or less my thinking and if Balatoni was to return it's more likely to be because he's about the best option we can afford. It's likely that before Archie had to reduce his budget he planned on bringing in a first choice left centreback with Lindsay seen as a strong back up. It's fair to assume the signing of Ziggy will have dug deep into what remained of the already depleted budget. Archie probably now sees Lindsay as the first choice, if only thru necessity. So we're left looking for back up. Conrad could fit that bill tho' i have my reservations.

He's that good that a shit club like Killie want rid of him? IMO, not a good option

they wanted rid of higgy and David Syme as well, and higgy still has a fair few fans. Personally I think Syme has real potential and was a mistake by killie to let him go. Also there's rumours of Clark walking away from killie already plus serious internal issues going on at the club so I wouldn't be too surprised if some players were affected by all of this

• 3 weeks later...