Thistle Vs Accies

allyo

Could tell both teams were safe, some shocking defending and goalkeeping from both teams, thought the keepers were to blame for all 4 goals though i'd need to see it back. Defensively we were minging, eamonn brophy ripped us a new arse.

enjoyable end of season stuff tho in the sun

Agreed, for a nothing at stake game, it was a cracking match and there could have been loads of goals. For anyone not there, the game is on Alba tomorrow at 10

Just reading the proggie just now. Checking the fixtures list this shows

Cerny....30.5 appearances.... goals lost 32

Scully.....9.5 appearances....goals lost 20

The 0.5 referees to the Hamilton game in which Tomas got carried of and Ryan came on!

Staggering!

The number of goals conceded is not just about the goalie; the defence has to provide adequate cover.

Scully is still learning, give the boy a chance?

• Like 2

The number of goals conceded is not just about the goalie; the defence has to provide adequate cover.

Scully is still learning, give the boy a chance?

He is not a boy he is approaching 24 and he has had a chance. He is playing in front of the same defence that Cerny has. The figures speak for themselves. He has shipped four preventable goals in the last two games alone!

He is not a boy he is approaching 24 and he has had a chance. He is playing in front of the same defence that Cerny has. The figures speak for themselves. He has shipped four preventable goals in the last two games alone!

He is our number 2 goalie. Who would you have replace him?

So, what's your solution to our No 2 goalie position then jaggy?

Trouble with Ryan is that he fails to Command his Goal Area,his positional sense is sadly lacking,his clearances aren't great,he invites opposition players on to him with his kick outs.He had all these deficiencies when he played with The Development Squad where he lost a couple of really silly goals with him loitering on the ball.He is good close in shot stopper but the more time he has to think about things the worse he is,honestly I think PaulGallacher would have been better these last few games.He has been given the chance to shine and he has been shown not to be up to the task which is unfortuneate for him and us.I thought that young Marc Webster is/was the better option but I believe he is off to pastures green.

• Like 1

So, what's your solution to our No 2 goalie position then jaggy?

Why is it my solution? It's up to the manager to find a new No2 same as he had to find a No1 last summer. Gallagher is much better than Scully, but not getting any younger.

Do you honestly rate him? His effort at the 2nd goal today was schoolboy stuff

• Like 1

I'm sorry to say it but Scully cost us 3 points today and he's just not up to it at this level.

Whether or not the first one was a penalty, a keeper who has even half a command of his box doesn't put himself in that position in the first place. I thought it was a penalty at first glance as he just took the guy's legs from beneath him.

The second goal was terrible keeping and completely preventable.

He seems such a reactionary keeper. His inability to command his box just invites teams to have a go.

Penrice was excellent today and a bright prospect. Nice to have someone who knows how to take a set piece. Was pleased for his family who were sitting near us. Over the moon for their lad when he got MOTM.

• Like 2

I think there were quite a few who had gone on holiday today. We got out muscled all game by Hamilton. Miller and Edwars were very poor. Nesbitt and Wilson don't seem up to the standard of the Premiership - too easily knocked off the ball. Amoo started well but became uninterested. Frans and Seaborne were all over the place. Lawless flitted in and out of the game. Doolan and Penrice were the only 2 that get pass marks from me. Penrice has played 2 games and created 3 goals - all from corners.

I think we were lucky to get a point from that today

Motm I suggested Penrice, Nesbit and Edwards. Only contenders I thought.

Correct, Penrice by a country mile was our best player. Just shows how people view games differently. Astounded that someone has said Miller and Edwards were poor!

I thought Edwards played well, I like the look of him and can see him being a huge player for us next season.

I thought Nesbitt came on to a game and was unlucky with his lob. As the game stretched and he got more space he looked good i thought.

Not sure if he was just giving him a run or thinking toward next season, u think Nesbitt would be back? Would you yourself take him back? At the right price I'd say he was worth another look aslong as his wage not too much.

Especially as I think Lawless was saying his goodbyes, brought his wee girl onto the pitch and was waving to crowd in

a way that suggested to me he's for the off. Could be wrong and hope I am wrong.

Edited to add that's the best I've seen David Wilson look in a Jags strip, strolled through the game I thought...could do with a loan next year i think though to bring him on a bit, like Bannigans loan with Ayr

Edited by chunky jag

Best game in a jags shirt for Wilson. Good to see him in his natural position for once. He bloody loves a 50/50! Just a wee bit short on his long balls though. An extra 5 or 10 yards on them would have been nice.

I thought Edwards was great too. Threw himself into everything. Broke up counter attacks and attacks the box with pace waiting for a cross.

Amoo started brightly then faded. Typical Amoo goal. He loves a 1 yard header.

Miller sold. Frans solid. Penrice great going forward, but poor defending at times. He'll get better and better. I don't see what others see in Dan.

Doolan is just Doolan. A legend of a generation of jags fans.

Edited by potty trained

Really enjoyed the game. Both teams deserve credit for attacking constantly.

Considering we had 7/8 out injured not a bad display. I would have liked Nisbet to have started to give him a decent chance.

Young Penrice top class and will only get better and stronger. I thought Wilson played well but not sure he is good enough for SPL. Hope I'm wrong.

Only downside Scully who was very poor.

Onward and upward. Get those who want to stay signed up and clear the others out ASAP so we can build a squad earlier than last season.

It really looks to me that we are producing the best crop of youngsters in maybe forever at Firhill. Penrice already looks like he could be a starter, and he could be the set-piece player we have been crying out for!

Somebody on P&B has said that in a Michael Max after match interview with Archie, the plan was to send him out on loan to "toughen up"

Most surreal moment today was the enforced water break. Some punters were just finishing their bovril at the time.

These last two games must have been a fantastic experience for Penrice. The notion that Archie's even contemplating sending a 17 year old out on loan is very encouraging. He was thrown in the deep end up at Tannadice and hasn't looked back.

Another thing I would never have imagined back at the start of the season would be seeing a Jags side with no Osman, Welsh, Bannigan or Fraser

Edwards played well?? I would have thought playing well for a central midfield player was winning the ball, doing something constructive with it, or, at the very least, just keeping it: something he failed to do consistently throughout the game. Great energy but technically not decent enough.