Big Dan Offski

ClydebankJag

I mentioned this on the match thread. I like Dan, but I think we need at least one quicker central defender, though Gary Miller could fit the bill there. There are times when Liam and Dan back off and back off (Tannadice on Tuesday was a prime example) We really need a quicker central defender. If he does go, he has done a great job over the last two seasons, though that comment will be deleted if the rumour on P&B that he might be joining Sevco is true!!

Don't do Istagram, but this has been posted on P&B

Sean Welsh has posted an Instagram pic of Lawless and Banzo together, with the caption "Massive good luck to these 2..will be missed."

Looks like the end for Banzo, Steve and Dan!

Don't do Istagram, but this has been posted on P&B

Sean Welsh has posted an Instagram pic of Lawless and Banzo together, with the caption "Massive good luck to these 2..will be missed."

Looks like the end for Banzo, Steve and Dan!

So that's them off to Sevco then....................

Not sure about the Seabourne contract , can't recall there being any " talks ongoing " thread in the media which kind of suggests he has not been offered another contract or indeed he's signed a pre contract somewhere else .

Stevie Lawless IMO is absolutely playing games with us, he's obviously seeing what's out there , not sure if he's a big miss or not with Chris Erskine coming back but he should look at Higgy and Conrad and see the grass isn't always greener.

Archie should make sure Gary Miller is signed up ASAP , think he's been harshly treated this season , dropped when he shouldn't have been but think in the last batch of games he's established himself probably as a right sided centre back.

• Like 1

Lindsay is now at the stage of needing to kick on.

He needs to come back fitter,leaner and faster.

Mobility needs to be addressed as he is an excellent ball winner.and agree that he should play on the left only.

Agree to a stage about Lindsay. Best to look at things from a centreback pairing aspect. At our level we'd be lucky to get two centrebacks both with experience AND mobility. We don't necessarily want two experienced centrebacks (eg Frans & Seaborne) both lacking mobility but that was an improvement on a pairing that had neither (Muirhead & Balatoni).

Archie will be looking to have four capable centrebacks (not necessarily two obvious 1st choices and two just as cover). Re-signing Miller might be a priority as he offers a bit of pace (for a centreback at least) and he's an old head. If Seaborne leaves I'd like to see him replaced by someone left sided who can play a similar dual role to Miller. That way we could go with Millar/Lindsay or Frans(?)/left sided Millar type.

Lindsay's at an age where he could still just possibly up his mobility. If he can I'm sure he'd be a very valuable player.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

All the best to Dan, think when he came back into the team around October time it really shored us up and made a big difference, but on other hand don't see him as a major stand out that can't be replaced.

From Archie's quote on bbc article it sounds like Dan's made it clear he is off to pastures new and therefore no contract was offered.

I would like us to get Freddie and MIller signed up, think he's been really unlucky not to be a regular recently as he has filled in superbly at centre half and much more effective in his natural right back role too, and then get at least one more ideally two new centre halfs through the door