Bannigan

Lenziejag

Delighted to see this today.

It would be nice to think that that there is a bit loyalty being repaid here and I'll not say anymore than that incase my cynical side rears it's ugly head (oops, too late).

Wishing Banzo a speedy and complete recovery so we can see him back in the heart of the team as soon as possible for an exciting season ahead - Onwards and upwards!

OTIG

Normally, I wouldn't comment on new signings until I have seen them play...but I've seen Banzo play so I am delighted he has signed up for another two years. He has been one of the players I have most enjoyed watching during the renaissance at the club over the last 4 seasons. He has not been as flamboyant as Higgy, Erskine or Stephen O'Donnell but he has been consistent, clever and influential and on his best days capable of bossing a game.

It's a much needed boost as I can't say I was too enthusiastic about the new season - the return of the Old Firm Punch & Judy Show, the Club Statement seeming to accept that they don't expect the team to make the Top Six and the loss of Dumbuya - but this is a more positive sign.

Wonderful news. Credit to all those who made this happen especially to Bannigan who had already decided ( despite his injury) to go elsewhere.

I would guess that the clubs he most hoped to go to either dropped interest due to his injury or offered lesser terms. I think our club must have a good reputation now for looking after injured players (as we've been very patient and supportive to several in recent years, seeing the likes of Elliot, Welsh, etc. make comebacks after bad injuries) and perhaps this might have been a factor too.

That's well put. Bannigan is often my MotM but even when someone else takes that honour as often as not Banzo is the runner up.

I believe I posted a while back saying we would very likely not be able to get a Bannigan replacement as good as Bannigan himself...but we have now. (OK strictly speaking he is extending an earlier contract but we were all so sure he was gone that it feels like a new signing).

Edited by Mr Bunny

I would guess that the clubs he most hoped to go to either dropped interest due to his injury or offered lesser terms. I think our club must have a good reputation now for looking after injured players (as we've been very patient and supportive to several in recent years, seeing the likes of Elliot, Welsh, etc. make comebacks after bad injuries) and perhaps this might have been a factor too.

I agree and appreciate Mr B that the cards fell in our favour , but Bannigan could have maintened his preference for a higher profile club.

Not only have PTFC been professional in retaining his services but perhaps a touch lucky?

Our squad has taken shape, the squad overall is stonger than last season I would say & we still have a couple of signings to make.

1st XI:

Cerny

Dumbuya

Devine

Lindsay

Booth

Osman

Bannigan

Erskine

Amoo

Lawless

Doolan

Others: Scully, Syme, Penrice, Welsh, Fraser, Wilson, Edwards, Elliot, McDaid, Azeez, Nisbet, Pogba.

Goalkeepers, covered.

Defence, need cover for right back & a CB.

Midfield, covered

Creativity midfielders/wingers, covered

Strikers, covered.

We actually have a decent sized squad with good options, Bannigan signing probably means we don't need another midfielder, presuming he isn't out for too much longer. Ideally we need Fraser back to have that other option in midfield. 2 more defenders (unless Syme & Elliot are deemed enough cover at RB, then we'd just need a CB.1 CB & 1 versatile defender, keeping Miller would have been ideal unfortunately) & I would be happy with that. Obviously you always want more but on our budget & on paper, the rest of the squad has enough cover.