Tag - Rip

ian_mac

http://ptfc.co.uk/ne...7/july_2016/tag

The correct decision, and something which should have happened long before now. The way the club attempted to roll out TAG was a real embarrassment, and the mere mention of it became toxic. When it was eventually delivered, it didn't offer anything close to value for money and barely gave the fans anything that couldn't have been seen elsewhere for free.

I am glad the club have finally stopped flogging this dead horse and have taken the chance to fully revamp the online offering to supporters. Fans who are living abroad have been crying out for a more comprehensive way to stay in touch with the club and have said time and again that they are happy to pay for it. Hopefully Jagzone will create a new and important revenue stream for the club.

If the club are to charge for this new service - full HD videos are an absolute must, and if we are to provide match highlights the camera work has to be of a decent standard as well.

Other than that I am looking forward to seeing how this new package looks when we start the season.

Edited by ian_mac

Any announcement that contains the dreaded phrase "going forward" is to be derided. To sum up several paragraphs of overblown waffle - TAG is outdated and we can make more money with a newer version. Hope that it provides some additional benefits to us supporters - but not holding my breath. No indication of the cost.

• Like 2

Making no constructive point whatsoever but the three immediate posts above, if representative of the fanbase as a whole, should show some significance. One poster likes TAG, another poster is completely in the dark as to what it is, unlike the third poster who obviously knows what it is about as he/she says it's "outdated". :D

My uneducated guess is TAG was PTFC's equivalent of the Big Society.

• Like 1

Hopefully a decent website is finally on the cards.

I'm not sure what you mean. I've always found our website to be very well designed and incredibly easy to navigate. Maybe the only criticism is for mobile browsing. I only hope we don't end up with those horrible template websites that most English clubs have and a few Scottish clubs.

Think the time is right for this. They've given the audio commentary a long trial though it was pretty garbled last time I listened.

• Like 1

"Underpinned", "Going Forward" . The worst examples of management speak currently out there in la la land. I hear this stuff at meetings every day, it doesn't bode well, and it turns the punters off (well...me for one, I get enough of that meaningless piffle in meetings at work). Need to begin our revamped communication strategy by talking to us in a voice we can recognise and is sincere.

• Like 2

"Underpinned", "Going Forward" . The worst examples of management speak currently out there in la la land. I hear this stuff at meetings every day, it doesn't bode well, and it turns the punters off (well...me for one, I get enough of that meaningless piffle in meetings at work). Need to begin our revamped communication strategy by talking to us in a voice we can recognise and is sincere.

Totally agree.

I wish the club had come clean and admitted that TAG was ill conceived and poorly implemented. We all know, so why not just admit it.

Talk to us and, perhaps more importantly, listen. Gain the trust of the fans. Stories of simple communication problems with the club are legion. Do the basic things properly.

The new trust got a mention in that statement too. Anybody know what is happening with that?

This is a quote from the email received today -

"The first essential step is that you cancel the existing standing order which you set up to cover payment for your subscription. As with all standing orders it must be cancelled by the account holder so payments will continue until you have done this."

WRONG!

PTFC hold my debit card details which they used to debit a payment monthly. It is therefore totally in their control not to deduct any further payments. I have pointed this out to them and asked them to confirm that they have destroyed the record of my card details and confirm that no further payments will be taken.

If any other TAG subscribers paid in this way, I'd advise them to get the same assurances in writing from the club.

I was happy to contribute to the club through TAG, but I did think it was poor value.

The TAG exit strategy is a bit messy. Like Wiltshire Jag, I got the same email.

Perhaps it would have been sensible to tell us what the new package would cost? Maybe then any monthly payments could have continued, even in an amended form.

Any announcement that contains the dreaded phrase "going forward" is to be derided. To sum up several paragraphs of overblown waffle - TAG is outdated and we can make more money with a newer version. Hope that it provides some additional benefits to us supporters - but not holding my breath. No indication of the cost.

sometimes the club is its own worst enemy at making money though. Ihad emailed the club about creating a 140th anniversary strip as I believe it would be something most fans would wish to purchase as a souvenir, not only that but sometimes football fans in general such as supporters down south may purchase one even if they don't directly support that team - so the added incentive was that it would be a potentially good income raiser for the club - but no the club said they would not be getting one

This is a quote from the email received today -

"The first essential step is that you cancel the existing standing order which you set up to cover payment for your subscription. As with all standing orders it must be cancelled by the account holder so payments will continue until you have done this."

WRONG!

PTFC hold my debit card details which they used to debit a payment monthly. It is therefore totally in their control not to deduct any further payments. I have pointed this out to them and asked them to confirm that they have destroyed the record of my card details and confirm that no further payments will be taken.

If any other TAG subscribers paid in this way, I'd advise them to get the same assurances in writing from the club.

I was happy to contribute to the club through TAG, but I did think it was poor value.

A Standing Order is an arrangement that you set up with your bank to pay PTFC. The club don't withdraw the money monthly, your bank pays the club monthly. Big difference. The club don't hold your card details. As a Standing Order is an instruction that you have given to your bank, only you can cancel it.

Incidentally, the club do not hold any payees card details. Over the last year I have made countless payments, by 'phone, to the club. Player sponsorship, PAYE, season ticket payments. On each occasion I have had to give my card details.

• Like 1

Totally agree.

I wish the club had come clean and admitted that TAG was ill conceived and poorly implemented. We all know, so why not just admit it.

Talk to us and, perhaps more importantly, listen. Gain the trust of the fans. Stories of simple communication problems with the club are legion. Do the basic things properly.

The new trust got a mention in that statement too. Anybody know what is happening with that?

At the fans night to talk about the new trust they admitted it was not properly ran after being launched. Not enough resources were put to it.

When TAG was launched I was not a fan. I felt it was over-priced and simply did not have enough content to jusitfy the price especially considering the season before its introduction match highlights, interviews etc. were free. Generally clubs who have a membership scheme such as TAG was suppose to be are big clubs like Arsenal who also use the membership to offer tickets to that have yet sold out, champs league games and away fixtures. We or any club in Scotland do not have such a need to offer membership certainly at the cost that TAG was.

By the sounds of it the new system will be more of a multimedia package where access to highlights, interviews and I assume the live audio commentary. Also being someone who works overseas live screening of home games would be a welcome addition, I know a few clubs already do this. Live games could be sold as a season ticket package and as individual games which would also potentially getting away fans paying as well. Oblioiously it made be quite costly to set something like this up but its an idea.

• Like 1

@Bowenboys

Yes, I do know what a Standing Order is and how it works, thank you. The trouble is that PTFC don't know what payment system they are using to collect money from me. My broker uses the same system to collect insurance premiums. That's why I got a monthly receipt for every TAG payment, something that is unnecessary for a SO. Would only use this system if confident they're not going to scam me. Agree that the Jags would not keep card details for individual purchases, but for TAG they did.

I think you must be right, WJ.

I logged onto my Bank Account to cancel my TAG SO and there isn't one listed. But I too get a monthly receipt by email; so it must be collected through my Debit Card. So they do hold my details and they are the only ones who can stop taking the payments.

@Bowenboys

Yes, I do know what a Standing Order is and how it works, thank you. The trouble is that PTFC don't know what payment system they are using to collect money from me. My broker uses the same system to collect insurance premiums. That's why I got a monthly receipt for every TAG payment, something that is unnecessary for a SO. Would only use this system if confident they're not going to scam me. Agree that the Jags would not keep card details for individual purchases, but for TAG they did.

Wiltshire Jag

My explanation of how a standing order works was in response to the emboldened section of your post (which I have selectively quoted below, for clarity).

As with all standing orders it must be cancelled by the account holder so payments will continue until you have done this."

WRONG!

I thought you had highlighted it thus on purpose. Apologies if I have misunderstood this but it seemed very clear to me.

With further explanation, I understand your point. It seems the club have made a mess of this.

Edited by BowenBoys