Marko

jonboy

Training with Hurlford Utd now. Do you think he would make a good striking coach at Firhill.

Think he would make a good addition to the staff.

Good for moral support as well.

Thoughts please.

Not really sure how we're supposed to know if he'd be a good striking coach. If that sort of ability was based purely on the intelligent way he played the game then I doubt many would disagree he'd be a real asset. Be a very unscientific method but if his sacking at Ayr was principally based on bad results through conceding too many goals whilst his team continued to bang them in at the other end, then there might be indication he's got something to offer.

It does raise the point that our management team is made up of two defenders (three if you include Maxi). Maybe that's far from ideal. On the other hand, Britton/Whyte, Campbell/Bone????

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I'd have Marko back as a strikers coach in a breath. Best deal would be on a temporary basis to begin with, and take it from there. Obviously no guarantee that things would work out, but well worth a punt in my view. He's such a big part of our more recent history and clearly retains an affinity with the club.

• Like 3