Pitch Condition.

topcat

Maybe it was the light but from where I was sitting in the JHS that bottom left hand corner was starting to look a bit discoloured in areas and the grass did not seem as thick and vibrant as the rest of the pitch. Time will tell I suppose but I hope all that effort survives the wet winter weather to come.

I am so glad that we were not tempted down the plastic pitch route and hope that it beds in and becomes the best surface in Scotland.

Maybe it was the light but from where I was sitting in the JHS that bottom left hand corner was starting to look a bit discoloured in areas and the grass did not seem as thick and vibrant as the rest of the pitch. Time will tell I suppose but I hope all that effort survives the wet winter weather to come.

I am so glad that we were not tempted down the plastic pitch route and hope that it beds in and becomes the best surface in Scotland.

Noticed that myself, but thought it a halocination brought on by lack of alcohol! Seriously, I too hope that all goes well for the pitch. Especially with a Scottish winter round the corner, by my reckoning about a fortnight tomorrow!

Didn't notice from North Stand but wholeheartedly agree with TC that I'm glad we kept it real and not plastic.

On a slightly different note, the concourse under the North Stand has in my eyes deteriorated further and is now completely covered in bird sh1t. Really don't get how the people in charge miss this, would it really be so hard to jet wash it? It's almost as if they don't care, it's only the North Stand Jags fans in there after all. Would much rather they cleaned the place in the close season than put up the fancy new placards in the NS entrance ways.

Didn't notice from North Stand but wholeheartedly agree with TC that I'm glad we kept it real and not plastic.

On a slightly different note, the concourse under the North Stand has in my eyes deteriorated further and is now completely covered in bird sh1t. Really don't get how the people in charge miss this, would it really be so hard to jet wash it? It's almost as if they don't care, it's only the North Stand Jags fans in there after all. Would much rather they cleaned the place in the close season than put up the fancy new placards in the NS entrance ways.

Er, I would get that chip off your shoulder. The Jackie Husband has been covered in bird poo for years - every home game in August usually means having to wipe the seat clean as it's caked.

It also took weeks for anyone to fix a dripping pipe that was right above my dad's seat last year.

The smell from what I assume is manure for the new pitch is overpowering at the entrance to the NS. Either that or it's some nervous fans when we are drawing or holding on to a lead in the last 5 minutes.

Re the bird shit, if the club had jet washers, pretty sure volunteers would welcome the chance to tidy it up.

The smell from what I assume is manure for the new pitch is overpowering at the entrance to the NS. Either that or it's some nervous fans when we are drawing or holding on to a lead in the last 5 minutes.

Re the bird shit, if the club had jet washers, pretty sure volunteers would welcome the chance to tidy it up.

Totally agree Lindau, that smell of manure when you walk through the NS turnstiles is totally rank. Like a bloody sewer. Thankfully you don't smell it from the stands or it would be intolerable. Hopefully it's not a long term thing, otherwise a gas mask will be needed.

• Like 1

Speaking of smells, can whoever is smoking in the toilets just stop it. The ground is non-smoking and surely you can go for a couple of hours without a ciggie.

Really unfair on the rest of us having to put with the stink of stale smoke.

Appealing to the better nature of a smoker...good luck with that!

The smell from what I assume is manure for the new pitch is overpowering at the entrance to the NS. Either that or it's some nervous fans when we are drawing or holding on to a lead in the last 5 minutes. Re the bird shit, if the club had jet washers, pretty sure volunteers would welcome the chance to tidy it up.

I thought that this smell was caused by a police horse with a queasy stomach.

Can I have my pitch thread back please!

Ok!

I sit at that end of the JH and noticed the grass looked a bit trampled/worn in the dodgy corner.

That was after the players had warmed up and before they came out for the game.

I can't quite remember, but I think they did their running exercises in that area and I put the marks on the turf down to that activity.

I hope that's all it was, because if the new grass is showing threadbare at this early stage of the season we still have a real problem.

What I'm irritated about is the grey seats in the JH stand. Probably originally there was a lack of cash and there happened to be a cheap grey seat merchant available. But we must be the only team in Europe where the main used stand seats do not represent the colours worn by the team. It would make a big difference if we had blocks of red, yellow and black.

What I'm irritated about is the grey seats in the JH stand. Probably originally there was a lack of cash and there happened to be a cheap grey seat merchant available. But we must be the only team in Europe where the main used stand seats do not represent the colours worn by the team. It would make a big difference if we had blocks of red, yellow and black.

Aye, you'd never catch teams like bayern Munich or Borussia Dortmund having grey seats.

Really, that irritates you?? Sorry what irritates me is that they are empty when there are many on here that criticise expecting higher standards/ performance and they don't even attend and will bitch that they don't get free access to the official website content. It's a general rule in life you get what you pay for.

theestle, on 29 August 2016 - 09:16

Hello Metz - I regular pay £52 to get me and my 2 kids entry to Firhill.on Surely that allows me to criticise the grey seats. I thought this thread developed about the general condition of the stadium I could critisice a lot more if you want.

I did notice from from where i sit in North Stand a section of pitch along touchline in front of Main Stand was cutting up badly and brownish in colour during first 3 home games but less so

on Saturday so hopefully its a case of allowing the new grass to bed in.

As for grey seats in JHS,simples...we just have to beat our old firm friends at Firhill this season and I'm sure their fans reaction would see us be able to pop an invoice in post for some new shiny coloured ones.

Well from where I sit in the North Stand the pitch looks excellent, however at the game last night I was sitting in the padded seats in the JHS and there is a very noticeable bare, brown patch at the dodgy end of the city end. After all the money spent on the pitch, have to say that was disappointing to see. Hope it doesn't cause us the usual problems in the wet winter months!

• Like 1