Partick Thistle Vs St. Johnstone - Saturday 10 September

jagfox

My thoughts, for what it's worth.

https://kennypieper....time-for-panic/

decent piece, but we did arguably have a couple of shots on goal. Lawless had 2 powder puff efforts straight at the keeper and 1 past the post. Edwards had the off target header (that will be interesting to see again) and Welsh had the free kick that I rightly predicted would end up in the NS!

The attack appears to me as more of a problem than the defence. I agree we are a bit shaky at the back but there is nothing coming from our attack.

This is a surprise considering the talent we have. But I don't think we can play the 4 attack minded players together without any width whatsoever. It was worth trying but does not work. I thought Erskine was terrific but running into a cluttered 'final 3rd' made a scoring pass impossible. Edwards made a big difference but I don't think he has the vision to play a pass once he has beaten a player.

Gordon is a defender. Keep him away from the attack which makes me think he could play at RCB in a back 3. Amoo and booth as wing backs?

Ryan Scully a solid back up? If Cerny is out for 8/10 weeks I would delay judgement on that!! Maybe I missed something but Scully had nothing to do yesterday other than pick the ball out the net. Let's see what he is like when he is getting bombarded. Previous scenario's do not inspire confidence.

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

Ryan Scully a solid back up? If Cerny is out for 8/10 weeks I would delay judgement on that!! Maybe I missed something but Scully had nothing to do yesterday other than pick the ball out the net. Let's see what he is like when he is getting bombarded. Previous scenario's do not inspire confidence.

He was solid yesterday. Did nothing to cause us to worry about him. And the piece is about yesterday's game. Thanks for reading it.

He was solid yesterday. Did nothing to cause us to worry about him. And the piece is about yesterday's game. Thanks for reading it.

Solid? He didn't have anything to do apart from pick the ball out the net. On past performances we will lose 3 goals per game with him inbetween the sticks

• Like 1

He did nothing to cause us to worry about him, is because he had nothing to do! It wasn't as if he was plucking balls out of the air etc etc. In fact my abiding memory was of Liam Lindsay putting a ball out of play when it was easier to let it go back to Scully.Lindsay got a bit of abuse from the crowd and immediately turned to Scully and said something like "give us a f*cking shout" Scully needs to dominate his central defence and give them instructions, something I have NEVER seen him do in any game I have seen him play in. If Cerny is out for a long time, this period could make or break Scully's jags career.

Edited by Lindau

Cerny has just lost two goals on the trot, both scored from very tight angles, and it's Scully that's getting criticised.

Agreed, two very poor goals, very un Cerny like, but honestly who would you want in goals given the choice? Another thing regarding the goalies if Cerny is out for the usual 8 weeks plus, as seems to be common when he gets this injury, what happens if Scully gets injured? Cullen is nowhere near ready to be shoved into the first team. Releasing Crawford might end up being a tad premature considering both our keepers were injured at the start of the season

Wind your neck in drama queen.

He was bombarded v Fake Thistle in April and he personally stopped it from being an utter humiliation that day.

That was four going on ten but for Ryan Scully.

• Like 1

No mental because it is mental! Tell me what he done yesterday that was solid? If what he done yesterday was solid how would you describe him if he made a few saves and we never lost any goals, world class?

mental because it is mental!' Can't argue with that logic. Thanks for reading the post anyway. Have a good evening.

Wind your neck in drama queen.

He was bombarded v Fake Thistle in April and he personally stopped it from being an utter humiliation that day.

That was four going on ten but for Ryan Scully.

He was bombarded against Dundee Und at end of last season and threw two of the three goals in, in the last 5 minutes. Sold the two goals against Hamilton in the last game of the season. How many goals did one of the best defences in the league last season lose when he was in goals? Does he shout and organise and inspire confidence in the defence? Ah still, one game where he still shipped 4 goals but had a few good saves, means everything is ok then. Idiot!

Edited by Lindau

He was bombarded against Dundee Und at end of last season and threw two of the three goals in, in the last 5 minutes. Sold the two goals against Hamilton in the last game of the season. How many goals did one of the best defences in the league last season lose when he was in goals? Does he shout and organise and inspire confidence in the defence? Ah still, one game where he still shipped 4 goals but had a few good saves, means everything is ok then. Idiot!

Idiot?

You may have a different opinion to mine, but that does not give you the right to call anyone an idiot. At least try to conduct yourself with a modicum of humility. There was absolutely no need for that.

I'll trust Archie's judgement. He thinks Ryan Scully is a good enough back-up keeper?

That's good enough for me.