Archie Offski?

Lindau

The club were 'lucky' (they still had to make the appointments after all) when McCall left that in McNamara they had a senior pro to step into the role and when he left they had Archie, senior pro and on the coaching staff, there to step in.

That isn't the case now. Assuming Shaggy were to go with him it would need to be an outside appointment unless they went with Scott McKenzie even as a caretaker. A managerial appointment is always a gamble but more so when there is no obvious candidate and when the price of getting it wrong is potentially very severe.

Totally agree. Lot might depend if Shaggy goes with him if he moves. Scott has always made it clear that he wants to manage in his own right.

No manager is beyond criticism despite the thoughts of some on the forum, however some of the criticism on here is extreme.

Some think he's untouchable, others think he should be sacked.

Regardless of your position, If he's in the dugout on Saturday, let's pull together and show our appreciation of Archie.

• Like 3

No manager is beyond criticism despite the thoughts of some on the forum, however some of the criticism on here is extreme.

Some think he's untouchable, others think he should be sacked.

Sadly that's football Lionel. I come in on a Saturday night, read some of the comments on here and wonder if I was at the same match. In the near 4 years Archie has been in charge there have been plenty of ups and downs but he has done well to keep us clear of relegation and play offs. Only real disappointment I have is the lack of any decent cup run (except Ramsdens) Given that Killie, Ross Co, St Johnstone and ICT have won majors in the last few years it shouldn't be beyond us to have, at the very least, a half decent run in one of the cups

Edited by Lindau

Sadly that's football Lionel. I come in on a Saturday night, read some of the comments on here and wonder if I was at the same match. In the near 4 years Archie has been in charge there have been plenty of ups and downs but he has done well to keep us clear of relegation and play offs. Only real disappointment I have is the lack of any decent cup run (except Ramsdens) Given that Killie, St Johnstone and ICT have won majors in the last few years it shouldn't be beyond us to have, at the very least, a half decent run in one of the cups

Don't disagree, just looking for a united front on Saturday at the game. By all means have our praising or moans afterwards, but at the game lets really get behind him and the team.

Archie day part 2 - where did I put my mask?

You can credit him with a lot of things, Lindau. The Ramsden's run isn't one of them.

Yip, but the fact that we got to a final and he was in charge on the day and the crowd we took that day, shows what getting to any cup final means to the fans of this club. Frankly, our cup performances under Archie have been dreadful

Edited by Lindau

Looks to me that Shrewsbury have been going about this in the correct fashion to a point. Perhaps leaking Archie's name isn't quite proper procedure but you can understand why they would do so. They first talk to the Club about how much it would cost them to buy out his contract and then decide whether to approach Archie. I imagine that's where things lie at the moment.

eta It appears he's staying "It's flattering that somebody was interested but I still have unfinished business at Partick Thistle."

*tweet from Kenny Crawford, BBC

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Wonder if the compo put them off!

Partick Thistle manager Alan Archibald does not expect to have any personal contact with Shrewsbury Town about their managerial vacancy.

The 38-year-old has assured Jags fans that he will be in the Firhill dug-out for Saturday's match against Ross County.

"The club mentioned the other day that there had been an approach and the club's spoke and that's as far as it went," Archibald told BBC Scotland.

"For me it's put to bed. It's flattering that somebody was interested."