Accies 03/12/16

Lindau

Put simply, we were robbed of a 2nd goal which could have given us victory.

Azeez's lack of composure in front of goal is quite staggering. Doolan severely unlucky not to score with his header, how he even got to it was quite unbelievable.

Still think Liam might have been fouled in the run up to their goal but no doubt he was sluggish in dealing with the ball.

Welsh took his goal very well, he could teach Azeez a thing or 2 about composure, but yet again I thought he wanted too much time on the ball far too often.

All in all, disappointed not to get 3 points given the run of games we have coming up now. But still not panicking.

Lets get one thing straight. If we get relegated this season weve only got ourselves to blame. We cant be looking at the officials here. In almost every game Ive seen, not just our games, Ive seen some horrendous decisions by the officials which are embarrassing. I honestly don't think there is a decent referee in Scotland. The fact Willie Collum is regarded as one of the best says it all. The motherwell game the other week, I don't think ive seen so many basic calls given wrong but it wasnt the reason we lost the game.

As for comparing Pogba and Azeez, Pogba edges it. If Azeez won us the game at Dens then Pogba won us the game at Hamilton. I reckon Pogba had a few assists and his touch was far better. Archie needs to cut his losses in January and bring in a replacement as he clearly hasn't got what is the fundamental attributes for footballer never mind a striker.

• Like 1

Lets get one thing straight. If we get relegated this season weve only got ourselves to blame. We cant be looking at the officials here. In almost every game Ive seen, not just our games, Ive seen some horrendous decisions by the officials which are embarrassing. I honestly don't think there is a decent referee in Scotland. The fact Willie Collum is regarded as one of the best says it all. The motherwell game the other week, I don't think ive seen so many basic calls given wrong but it wasnt the reason we lost the game.

As for comparing Pogba and Azeez, Pogba edges it. If Azeez won us the game at Dens then Pogba won us the game at Hamilton. I reckon Pogba had a few assists and his touch was far better. Archie needs to cut his losses in January and bring in a replacement as he clearly hasn't got what is the fundamental attributes for footballer never mind a striker.

You can definitely argue a case against "we've only got ourselves to blame"

We had terrible "luck" on the injury front, particularly with Cerny and then Scully,just when he seemed to be improving. We also had Dumbuya injuring himself just before pre season and meaning we had to spend money on Gordon. Also, don't forget the debacle around only getting 2 games at Firhill vs our Glasgow neighbours, costing us probably over £100,000.

It was indicated at the time that Archie's playing budget would not be affected by the old firm debacle. Are we the only club blighted by injuries? We brought in Gordon to do a job which me included believed he was more than competent at doing. I don't see where your point about Gordon fits in. What was wrong with Crawford? He was adequate backup to scully and cerny.

Can only concur with those saying we should have won. They've been doing this all season though, incredibly lucky to only have lost once at home after Saturday. Azeez is one of the most frustrating strikers I think i've ever watched, strength and pace in abundance, but can't finish his dinner. We definitely lacked creativity in the first half, think Erskine is due a starting place now, made a huge difference when he came on.

Can only assume the linesman is an Accies fan or wanted the game to end 1-1 as that was simply not offside.

If we do end up going down this season, then like many others I believe it will be totally due to our own failings. The amount of games we ''should' have won or drawn and didn't is embarrassing frankly.

This is however far from a new development for anybody watching their football at Firhill. What is really son earning me though is the amount of points we are dropping to those round about us.

I don't expect anything from Friday's match, but equally I don't expect us to get hammered either!

You can argue that a refereeing decision cost us 2 points on Saturday, but over the course of a season you can't blame officials for a relegation.

That's true perhaps tho' only to a degree. Given the standard of refereeing in Scotland it's also very likely that the teams at the bottom of the league will get the higher percentage of bad decisions against them. It would of course still be our fault for being in the lowly position to receive these poor decisions. Jaggernaut could come back and point out it was bad decisions like Saturday that got us in such a poor position in the first place. Could go round in circles with that. :)

It was indicated at the time that Archie's playing budget would not be affected by the old firm debacle. Are we the only club blighted by injuries? We brought in Gordon to do a job which me included believed he was more than competent at doing. I don't see where your point about Gordon fits in. What was wrong with Crawford? He was adequate backup to scully and cerny.

Ok - I wasn't aware that the playing budget wouldn't be affected re the old firm fixtures. However, Gordon was brought in because of Dumbuya's injury and for no other reason. Crawford was only temporary to cover Cerny's injury. Then Scully gets injured and we need to bring in Stuckman. All of these must have affected how much was available for a Central Defender.

Other clubs have injuries - but we have had 2 keepers out at the same time and had no cover at right back.

I knew part of the reason Gordon was signed was because of Muzzy's unfortunate injury. I also thought he was signed for his versatility across the back line. I don't think it affected his budget to bring in another CB as was seen by us forking out a transfer fee for Adam Barton. Regardless, for me the defence should have been the first thing that was addressed during the summer

I knew part of the reason Gordon was signed was because of Muzzy's unfortunate injury. I also thought he was signed for his versatility across the back line. I don't think it affected his budget to bring in another CB as was seen by us forking out a transfer fee for Adam Barton. Regardless, for me the defence should have been the first thing that was addressed during the summer

Do you think it was ignored, or do you think it was addressed and we were unable to get those we targeted?

Gave in and had a look at the match 'highlights'. Azeez is an absolute wage thief!

There must be guys playing junior football who have more of a strikers instinct in front of goal than him.

His one on one's with the keeper are just embarrassing, and in this game he was slower that a week in jail reacting to Kris Doolan's

header rebounding off the post. He really should be anticipating the ball coming off keeper or post, but would be as well sitting in the

stand with us given the way he just stands there ball watching. Just not good enough for this level.

And if I hear another comment on the radio or elsewhere about Liam Lindsay being an accomplished defender I'll greet.

He's got potential but really needs to start learning from his frequent and costly mistakes, up his energy levels,

and switch on to the pace of the game a whole lot sooner.

And if I hear another comment on the radio or elsewhere about Liam Lindsay being an accomplished defender I'll greet.

He's got potential but really needs to start learning from his frequent and costly mistakes, up his energy levels,

and switch on to the pace of the game a whole lot sooner.

No argument from me but as an aside I think Saturday exonerated Archie from any criticism re not going out of his way to re-sign Seaborne. Even if anyone thinks Lindsay's no better than Dan was (not an unreasonable opinion at this moment in time) I think it's fair to assume Liam is not on the wage Seaborne was on. Also it's fair to assume Lindsay has the potential to improve even if the learning curve has been rather costly.

The Seaborne thingy is probably academic (npi) as I believe he wanted to try pastures new and only ended up back in Scotland as things didn't work out (similar to Conrad). I reckon Accies fans are counting the days till Tena returns to full fitness.