Lindsay>>Leeds?

angry gaz

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if he was just rested on Saturday or was he not playing as he is off to Leeds soon?

He didn't feature in the friendly supposedly due to his nose injury. I think it more likely he just wasn't risked on Saturday due to recovery. Looked fine on Sunday (watching the U20s) tho' I'm not really qualified to know what passes for a healthy nose. :)

eta Post crossed with GRE's

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Ah ok, didn't realise the recovery time for a nose op. Fair enough.

As mentioned in another thread if Lindsay stays, with Dumbaya back and Keown on loan, the back line options are looking decent.

There's little tangible proof to suggest just how ready Keown will be to make a positive contribution. Fair to assume he'll be readier than Syme was (as a centreback) but even DS had more first team experience (albeit at full back). If it's just a straight forward loan deal, with no option to buy, potential doesn't really come into it, so you'd think Reading would be anticipating a reasonable amount of game time for Keown. At the same time it would be unusual for a team like us to throw a raw loanee into the first team, especially the closer we get to the season's conclusion.

I guess the question we don't know the answer to is if Keown's seen as a squad player or as a genuine starter.

From the Jag Zone interviews he seemed to have really impressed Scott Paterson. As Archie has said numerous times in the past, he is only interested in bringing in players who are better than what we have. He isn't looking to simply add numbers. I trust their judgement and hope he turns out to be a good signing, if only till the end of the season.

• Like 1

If St Mirren are getting this for a young player who has never played top flight football and who frankly, I have never heard of, how much realistically can we expect for Liam, if he moves on in the summer?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/483435/st-mirren-accept-bid-from-championship-side-derby-for-teen-star-kyle-mcallister/

• 4 months later...

thats us kept a clean sheet in the last 135/180 mins and lindsay hasn't played, I'd get shot of him right away! I think about 150-200k would be the highest we would turn down, folk quoting 500k - 1 million are aff their heids.dunno how west ham paid as much for Hendrie but that will never happen with us.

So I was 100k off of what we have apparently accepted, yet I was talking nonsense and chump change