January Window

Firhillista

Received an email from the club asking me for a contribution to the Player Fund, so I can be 'part of something special'. I'm assuming this isn't referring to the signing of Mark Rodger. So who are we after?

i received one as well. To be fair I just think it's a generic one it didn't read to me that some massive target had been identified

Miles Storey would be a good signing, though was more interested in this story in the same article! http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ayr-united-reject-five-figure-9572285

No chance of getting Miles Storey. Steve Bruce is lining up a joint bid for him and our old sweeper Simon Storey. He thinks that A Villa should have two Storeys.

• Like 2

I thought he was very good in his spell at ICT, that's the only evidence I can go on. We need a striker and I would be happy if we got him on loan

Fair enough. It's the only good season he's had but he at least would know the division. He seems to have spent almost all his career on loan and that might be a worry.

We appear to have registered an interest in this fella and a few players appear to be saying farewell to Liam on Istagram, though it wouldn't be the first time they were at the wind up on that forum!!

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/10/por-luton-doncaster-eye-non-league-star-partington/page/1/

So it would be ANOTHER transfer fee? Michty! we are loaded these days!

We appear to have registered an interest in this fella and a few players appear to be saying farewell to Liam on Istagram, though it wouldn't be the first time they were at the wind up on that forum!!

http://www.hitc.com/...tington/page/1/

A right back with Luton interested. Maybe if Luton get this lad, their rightback might become available :)

Edited by Dick Dastardly

Dont understand why we would be signing a right back. If we only manage to bring in 1 player id hope it was a striker.

That's what I was thinking. He may also play centreback for all I know but the preference must surely be for a naturally left sided defender. We've effectively replaced Frans/Miller twice over with Gordon, Devine, Barton & at a push, Syme. We never really replaced Seaborne. The composition of the defence shows a balance well in favour of right footed players. Add to that Penrice away on loan and we've only Lindsay and Booth natural lefties.