Player Of The Year Event 2017

Fawlty Towers

Barring their respective injuries, I think Tomas Cerny and Sean Welsh would be in the running but can't see them getting it now.

I would say it's a straight choice between Liam Lindsay and Ryan Edwards. People tend to, quite naturally, use their recent memory. Ryan Edwards hasn't been as good over the last six to eight games as he was earlier in the season. Lindsay has been outstanding since the turn of the year and put in another solid performance at the weekend.

Some people may lean towards Lindsay because of this but my vote would go to Edwards. His tireless running and boundless energy is something that I really don't remember seeing at Firhill before and it must not be forgotten that he won the Player of the Month award three months out of four earlier this season. He is a player that the opposition must absolutely HATE playing against and, to me, the way he got to that ball in injury time on Saturday just summed up what the guy is all about.

My vote for Liam cast. He has developed into a really good defender and a real threat at the other end of the pitch. I shudder to think what might have happened to him if he had continued to be partnered (and influenced) by Seaborne.......

Why? We were 5th in goals conceded last season in no small part down to Seaborne, he literally talked Lindsay through his debut season.

I shudder to think what might have happened to him if he had continued to be partnered (and influenced) by Seaborne.......

It was never going to happen. Lindsay was always destined to play at left centreback this season. No so sure Seaborne had that much of an influence (for good or bad). Always felt Osman and Cerny were the principal reasons for our good defensive form last season.

Did anyone going to this ever get an itinerary through. The chap at Firhill said it would be emailed over, but I never heard anything at all. I assume its 2.30pm start, but that's all I know!

No sign of an itinerary hereabouts. Said 2:30 start when they were plugging the remaining tickets a bit more a few weeks back.