Heart Of Midlothian Vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

Well we return to the venue of where I feel we started to turn our Firm around after that winless streak. That day we played some great stuff in the second half and the players took confidence from that game.

On paper our best chance of a win and going by our previous two meetings a game we are capable of winning. Hopefully the lads are back refreshed for the final stage of the season.

We've had all those previous matches that were wrongly flagged up as "must win games"' So to the point that there's less at stake and we're playing under no real pressure it's a bit ironic that this game in its own way is a must win. To achieve anything from now till the end of the season we effectively need three points against Hearts.

I don't think we're ever that good a side when we're not "up for it". If Archie's got the team fired up then I feel we've got a great chance of getting a win. Otherwise we'd just have to hope Hearts have downed tools. Even against a team that's on the slide to pick up three points we'll realistically have to put in a better performance than we did at Ibrox.

Agree with everything m'lady has said. Yup! I just don't/ never have associate(d) our team with doing very much when nothing/ very little is at stake. We just seem to have been in survival mode forever and it is a REAL novelty to, for once, have breathing space.

Great to see we have sold out our allocation of tickets (how many is that?) and it would be great to see the team come out and really show what we are capable of.

I just hope the Tynecastle pitch had been heavily watered because everything in the east is as dry as dust and the ball would bounce over a house if there has not been watering.

Mon the Jags!

• Like 1

I just hope the Tynecastle pitch had been heavily watered because everything in the east is as dry as dust

Crops failing in the Lothians, tenant farmer's forced off their land, sauce bottles running dry in the chippies, Pretty Boy Floyd on the run. I hear the hard shoulder on the Westbound M8 has been turned over to fleeing migrants and their wide assortment of charabancs. Harthill Services has become a makeshift camp to this sea of humanity as they head to a better life in the West. I can't wait for Ian Cathro's post match interview :thumbsup2:

• Like 5

As with previous respondents, I feel it all depends on which Thistle team shows up tomorrow. One can only hope that two weeks away from the grind will be sufficient recovery for a group of players who were clearly on their last legs at Castle Greyskull. I think everyone can empathise with that stir crazy mentality that overtakes you on the verge of the holiday period.

Nonetheless, I fully expect Archie and the rest of his team will have our group firmly back on message for these remaining five games and that they will try at least to make amends to the support for what was essentially a no-show at Ibrox, particularly in the second half. As ever with Thistle, it's impossible to predict what we're going to see tomorrow, but all things been equal I'd be content to see us having a go tomorrow. As long as we actually make a game of it and go out and try to entertain what looks like being a decent sized travelling support tomorrow, I'll be happy enough.

Crops failing in the Lothians, tenant farmer's forced off their land, sauce bottles running dry in the chippies, Pretty Boy Floyd on the run. I hear the hard shoulder on the Westbound M8 has been turned over to fleeing migrants and their wide assortment of charabancs. Harthill Services has become a makeshift camp to this sea of humanity as they head to a better life in the West. I can't wait for Ian Cathro's post match interview :thumbsup2:

Oh the West is a garden of eden, a paradise to live in and see, but believe it or not, you won't find it so hot, if you ain't got the doh ray me.

Edited by eljaggo