New Players...

Vinnyjag

They most certainly could. At our level tho' I wouldn't be calling the likes of Barton, Elliott & Lawless that simply because they can play more than one position.

Or perhaps Tom Finney as not very good because he played left wing, right wing and centre forward? Or John Charles, centre back/centre forward? Or George Best - wing or midfield but of whom it was said he could play anywhere in a team?

Yesterday Ross county signed billy McKay on a free from Wigan. Would have definitely taken him. proven goalscorer and would definitely take him over storey. Any more news on him? Don't think we can go into this season with our second striker as nisbet?

An underwhelming 4 league goals I think in his last two season with ICT and Dundee United. A no from me.

I fancy Storey- if Aberdeen get Moult (which seems likely) he will about 6th choice maybe a wee loan to xmas to suss him out.

Still need a CB and a proper RB.

did Edwards play at rwb or lwb vs St J? Welshy was wing back that day aswell i think

That was only one game though, wouldn't go with Edwards for more than an emergency. just like I probably would not use Penrice as a long term central defender either. And what the hell has happened to Welsh, I am surprised he ain't been signed up by someone yet.

Not related but according to the sun (yes, I know) Adam Barton said we are already good enough for top 6. Saying that we have most of the same team as last year and they know what it takes to get top 6

Pinch of salt, I know, but if the whole team played thru the season to the same standard that Adam's been playing at so far, we'd struggle to be top six in Div One.

• Like 1

Agree. Sammon Is a pure Diddy.

is he? I cannot claim to be an expert, but he seems to have scored a good few goals at our level, admittedly most during his first spell with Kilmarnock, and was by no means a failure in his career down south. Absolutely agree that he would not be the most exciting signing and I could imagine him being a not hugely prolific 8 goal a season striker, but even that is better than Azeez/Pogba etc. Provides height for corners, both offensive and defensive, and could be a target man as well as scoring now and again, and setting up others. Seems to have a positive attitude. We could do worse. Might be a reasonable catch.

No, I am not his agent.

Edited by partickthedog
  • Like 2

is he? I cannot claim to be an expert, but he seems to have scored a good few goals at our level, admittedly most during his first spell with Kilmarnock, and was by no means a failure in his career down south. Absolutely agree that he would not be the most exciting signing and I could imagine him being a not hugely prolific 8 goal a season striker, but even that is better than Azeez/Pogba etc. Provides height for corners, both offensive and defensive, and could be a target man as well as scoring now and again, and setting up others. Seems to have a positive attitude. We could do worse. Might be a reasonable catch.

No, I am not his agent.

Yep he's push. An average of under 6 goals a season.