The Jags Vs Celtic

Why? which statement do you disagree with? That they're much better or that they're better resourced.

Well it seems you don't think PTFC are ever capable of beating the mighty Sellick.

Maybe that kind of attitude is why we havn't done so in 20 years.

Well it seems you don't think PTFC are ever capable of beating the mighty Sellick.

Maybe that kind of attitude is why we havn't done so in 20 years. And why, out of top 20 teams in Scotland, we have comfortably the worst record against OF in that time period.

Absolutely burst my a*se to get to the game on time which involves dropping the kids off at the parents much to the annoyance of the mrs.

I left at half time. First time I have ever done that. A disgusting performance from the whole team (bar cerny). celtic were good tonight don't get me wrong. But for the players to just chuck it and not even attempt to cover their runs or put in tackles is inexcusable.

The mentality this team has against coming up against the old firm is shocking and needs to change into next season. Losing two late goals twice to lose to rangers and not even turning up to games against Celtic when the fans have paid decent money just isn't fair on them.

well that was grim. But the other mob were playing pretty near their best and some of our guys were well off it.

Have we any reason to hope for better on Sunday?

Maybe Archie should play some of the kids....?

Would be good to get a result on Sunday to actually represent what the guys have achieved this year overall.

Maybe that kind of attitude is why we havn't done so in 20 years.

The fact we've only been in the same division as them for only about 6 of those years doesn't help. I mean no one in Scotland has beaten them this season after all

You know I can take a bit of a mauling if the team show a bit of fight but it's a pretty disgusting performance completely no spirit or fight. The only exception is Cerny who has probably stopped it being 7 nil already.

His team mates should be pretty ashamed of their complete capitulation without even a whimper

Can't disagree they have not turned up and we're not prepared to put the effort in. In my book that is completely unacceptable and really tarnishes a great season.

I am really disappointed in Archie that's the second game in a row st home his tactics against the better teams has been woefully inadequate.

• Like 1

Two things wrong tonight.

1. We should have given the north stand to them and at least got some extra cash.

2. We should have given some of the youngsters a game. Result may not have been any better but at least they'd have got something out of it.

• Like 2

Absolutely burst my a*se to get to the game on time which involves dropping the kids off at the parents much to the annoyance of the mrs.

I left at half time. First time I have ever done that. A disgusting performance from the whole team (bar cerny). celtic were good tonight don't get me wrong. But for the players to just chuck it and not even attempt to cover their runs or put in tackles is inexcusable.

The mentality this team has against coming up against the old firm is shocking and needs to change into next season. Losing two late goals twice to lose to rangers and not even turning up to games against Celtic when the fans have paid decent money just isn't fair on them.

I would not excuse Cerny, he has a poor record of feigning injury for the most inocuous of reasons. The synic in me suspects he wanted out of there at half time, the only excuse I can give him is Archie didn't want to take any chances and he wanted to thank Ridgers for helping when we were short.

Need to get things in perspective. Celtic were at times un playable tonight for any team in scotland.

103 points from a possible 111 (2 of the 8 points drcopped were to us, don't forget) and a +79 goal difference in 37 games suggests they've been essentially unplayable this season

Edited by Duke Gekantawa

Very little skill with a complete lack of balls and not for the first time this year. Booth, Edwards and Amoo should be gone total wasters. Some people seem to think that Edwards is good because he runs a lot. He has the ball control skills of a 10 year girl, sorry girls, and hangs on to the ball way too long.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone is saying we should have dominated the game, but the effort didn't seem to be there from the start. There was no excuse for the stupid time and space we were giving players of that calibre. At the very least we should have been in their faces and not letting them shoot and cross under no pressure. I had hoped to see a bit more of McCarthy, Nisbet and McLaughlin by this stage too.

Edited by flashman

For me "meh" sums it up, we just ain't good enough yet to compete above where we are and like everyone else are miles off Celtic. But again some late goals, that is what annoys me most about our whole season regardless of how well we have done and something i hope is stamped out next year.

Thought Edwards was better when he came on.

Our keepers were men of the match for Thistle.

Everyone else was pretty poor. Disappointed in Osman, Lawless, Erskine, Devine.

Psychologically we need to improve.

BUT Celtic budget is bigger than Rangers, Aberdeen & Hearts + 20% on that. Staggering gap in resources and Brendan Rodgers is an excellent coach.

Very little skill with a complete lack of balls and not for the first time this year. Booth, Edwards and Amoo should be gone total wasters. Some people seem to think that Edwards is good because he runs a lot. He has the ball control skills of a 10 year girl, sorry girls, and hangs on to the ball way too long.

You having a laugh Edwards a total waster? IMO his form this season Iis one of the reasons we made top six. The lad will go onto to better things .

• Like 1

You having a laugh Edwards a total waster? IMO his form this season Iis one of the reasons we made top six. The lad will go onto to better things .

I think you may be having a laugh when you say Edwards will go onto better things. I have to agree with ptfc1942,s last sentence in his post.

We all have different opinions and views on players but Edwards reminds me of somebody looking busy but doing nothing. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Got up in the middle of the night, spent 20 minutes trying in vain to find a decent live stream, saw on text that we had just lost a goal, gave up and went back to bed: best decision of the day for me.

The squad needs to be seriously strengthened if our aim is another top six finish next season.