The Jags Vs Celtic

Thought Barton looked like the only player who could hold the ball and show some class in that game, No criticism of dools as total thankless task. Osman should have been booked before he went off n was doing nothing other than fouls. Booth had a nightmare but understandable against roberts on top form.

Amoo didnt play well n gave Christie little or no help but the guy behind me in main stand giving him grief from start to finish was unnecessary

Since I started following Thistle many decades ago, the unfortunate truth is that we a regularly on the wrong end of 5-0, 6-0, even 7-0 hammerings against them.

I guess I was just hoping that those days might have gone, but clearly not, and unfortunately there is no real reason to expect them to disappear in the future. Such is life.

Edited by Jaggernaut

And these hammering are the reason we support the team we do. Well maybe not the REASON but the fact we don't win or expect to win every time out. Wins, when they occur, are much sweeter for us.

I spoke to a Celtic supporter I know yesterday morning and asked him just what he got from supporting them because most of the time it's wealthy giants playing impecunious pygmies. He said he just liked watching good football being played. I suppose that makes sense and is part of the reason Archie has been so successful with the Faithful. But surely WE like to do well and win now and again? So it's more than just good football.

this

V

"It has been a great season. And for once, our league finish accurately reflects our ability. We are far better than the bottom six, but our record since the split, whether that be ability or chucking in the towel, has shown that we are still quite a bit behind. By all accounts, the SPFL will be a lot more competitive next season, and we will need to add some fresh faces, as well as some depth to compete."

This contains several important grains of truth. In short, the team under AA is on a learning curve. The next step in the process is to compete more effectively in this level with, whisper it if you dare, the notion of competing for a European spot. But first and foremost we must apply ourselves as a club and a playing unit to maintain the progress that had been made.