Hibees Away. First Game

Knightswood Jag

I've just seen that Edwards is suspended so that limits options on the bench. It may be we'll start with 3 at the back (to counter lack of game time from say Keown) with Barton in the middle of the back 3 (starting with 2 players without enough game time is surely too risky). That would be OK as Barton can bring the ball out from the back. Then Ossie and Bannigan and perhaps McCarthy with Spittal and Doolan up front.

Actually I can't see Lawless getting dropped so if we play a back 3 it will probably be 3-4-3, e.g. Cerny; Keown Barton Devine; Elliot Osman Bannigan Booth; Lawless Doolan Spittal.

Reckon the team that started against Stranraer, with Dools in for Kevin, will start the game. Not sure if Keown will be thrown straight in. Seriously doubt Turnbull will play.

I see Hibs have signed Stokes. There are plenty goals in both teams. However, I feel our defence (featured in the League Cup anyway) is far from solid or it is potentially far from match fit depending on who we start.

High scoring game, I suspect! Not overly confident as Hibs will be out and raring to go, point to prove etc.

I believe Stokes pre-season has involved getting pished in just about every establishment in Edinburgh. I'm not sure he'll be ready for this game.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if both tiers will be open in the South Stand tomorrow, and if so, are you able to access both tiers through the same turnstile?

I read today that Hibs are now selling South Stand tickets to home fans, so I guess they'll be in the top tier

A lot of people on P&B are saying 2,000 plus some Hibs and Thistle pages on twitter. So fairly sure it's 2,000.

we'll see. What's our biggest away support in recent years? 1600 or so at St Mirren first season up? and that was just down the road. Can't see anywhere near 2000 tomorrow