Irn Bru Cup - 15Th August

Fawlty Towers

Thoroughly enjoyed the game and looking forward to the next round. It's good to see the way the youth team is instructed to play, all very confident on the ball.

The whole team strolled but McCarthy was a clear cut above. Some very exciting prospects in there and hope to see some of them in the first team over the next year or two

Poor opposition but there is some great talent at Thistle.

McLaughlin, Lamont, Penrice in particular excellent, others very good.

Nisbet, McCarty played well but within themselves and other youngsters I had never seen looked good.

Next round should be great.

Seen the U20s play better but this was their first competitive game of the season. McLaughlin starts the season the way he left the last. He's definitely got the knack of being in the right place, eye for goal etc. Lamont's goal was the highlight. Great pass from Fitzpatrick (I think), excellent first touch and finish from Lamont.

Is this tournament part of the PAWS set up? If so I don't hink I'll be able to afford it at this rate.

lol no I was not including Irn Bru Cup as part of PAWS unless told otherwise by any individual who wanted themselves included.

Ps was there much of a crowd there last night and also how did Sneddon look in goals?

SPFL website says the change was made at the request of the clubs. 7.45 on a Friday night instead of 3.00 on a Saturday when there's no league game. It isn't immediately obvious why this makes any sense. Would be interesting to know the reason. There might have been a decent wee crowd. I was seriously thinking about going - but not now.

• Like 1