Jags Flags Stolen From North Stand

Yellow & Redneck

Remember raising funds for the Nomad Flag a few years ago and being at the game when it was paraded on the centre circle.

I also remember being with groundsman trying to put the flag up on the side of stand. One thought about our flag was just how heavy and difficult to handle it was. You wouldn,t just nip over the wall and dash out with it as suggested by another post.

Seems well planned rather than opportunistic.

jagfox

No doubt the funds that you have single-handedly raised are sufficient to replace the flags that were stolen. Very well done, I am very grateful for your efforts.

I note, from posts on P&B, that fans of other clubs have donated funds. I know some are Dundee fans. Do you know which other clubs' fans? It's great to have support from the wider football community.

Most people will consider it job done but with additional funds donated by the club and Douglas McCrea there is scope for adding further decoration to the John Lambie Stand. I'm sure there are many possibilities. Raising the funds was just the start and there is much work still to be done to complete this initiative. Let us know if you need any help.

Once again, well done and thank you.

• Like 2

jagfox

No doubt the funds that you have single-handedly raised are sufficient to replace the flags that were stolen. Very well done, I am very grateful for your efforts.

I note, from posts on P&B, that fans of other clubs have donated funds. I know some are Dundee fans. Do you know which other clubs' fans? It's great to have support from the wider football community.

Most people will consider it job done but with additional funds donated by the club and Douglas McCrea there is scope for adding further decoration to the John Lambie Stand. I'm sure there are many possibilities. Raising the funds was just the start and there is much work still to be done to complete this initiative. Let us know if you need any help.

Once again, well done and thank you.

Not any other teams that I'm aware of. As you say Phil, this will take a lot of effort. I know hee haw about flags for instance;)

Somebody mentioned that some kind of quasi-official supporters group could be arranged focussed on the match day experience.

What we need is designs for new flags. Archie and Doolan seem popular themes so far. Also banners with Jags slogans, even flags for the supporters clubs that would be taken on our travels.

Any efforts would be much appreciated and feel free to post on here or message me directly.

I got a Twitter DM from the club that someone has donated the Forza Thistle flag to the North Stand which is fantastic too.

I'd like to get a least of couple of flags ordered by next week while I await details for the replacements.

Over £4,000 raised and orders placed for two of the replacements so far. Got a few contacts but anyone good at designing images or knows a man/ womanwho can feel free to get in touch with me on here.

Fantastic effort from everybody who has donated if supported the iniative. We'll turn Firhill even more Red and Yellow :fan:

• Like 4

Over £4,000 raised and orders placed for two of the replacements so far. Got a few contacts but anyone good at designing images or knows a man/ womanwho can feel free to get in touch with me on here.

Fantastic effort from everybody who has donated if supported the iniative. We'll turn Firhill even more Red and Yellow :fan:

Fantastic sum raised. Looks like there might even be some cash left over, so might I suggest that it gets spent on the purchase of an anti-hvn burgling device, along the lines of the one Batman would keep in his crime fighting utility belt.

I'd love to see the poisonous wee scrotes that broke into Firhill getting convicted and sent to an uninhabited, ultra remote Polynesian island for 2 years without a Bear Grylls type character to show them how to survive on rats and yucca plants.

I'd love to see the poisonous wee scrotes that broke into Firhill getting convicted and sent to an uninhabited, ultra remote Polynesian island for 2 years without a Bear Grylls type character to show them how to survive on rats and yucca plants.

Or just dip them in the big container of manure we keep at entrance to North Stand. :thumbsup2:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...