John Lambie

javeajag

Years ago John Lambie came out to our house with an autographed ball for Robert,the problem was we didn't know this had been arranged and we weren't in.The ball was left with a neighbour and an invite for us to come to the next game at Firhill,where Robert would get to meet the team before the game. Joh Lambie made sure that Robert had a day to remember.A number of years later after we won the first division JL came into the enclosure where all the disabled fans were and Robert got a photo with JL and the trophy.Get well soon JL you are a legend.

• Like 6

I remember 4-4-2 magazine did an article of the top 50 craziest people in football. Thistle never got a look-in in that magazine. In fact Scottish football barely got a mention. But in Chic Charnley and John Lambie we had two entries on the list.

Get well soon John Lambie. True Thistle legend. Imagine the total bleakness 1980-2010 without him!

Yes, get well soon and get something done at the ground while we still have him. I was one of many standing at the garscube road end when he was sent home after his mothers funeral cos he'd taken one too many. And the legend simply paid at the gate and watch from the terrance jumping and cheering when we scored. Can't remember the date, possibly v dungdee 2 or 3 nil, or was it hearts. (isn't old age an absolute bummer). Anyway he had a half bottle and an absolute ball. Get back as soon as you can Lambini

Yes, get well soon and get something done at the ground while we still have him. I was one of many standing at the garscube road end when he was sent home after his mothers funeral cos he'd taken one too many. And the legend simply paid at the gate and watch from the terrance jumping and cheering when we scored. Can't remember the date, possibly v dungdee 2 or 3 nil, or was it hearts. (isn't old age an absolute bummer). Anyway he had a half bottle and an absolute ball. Get back as soon as you can Lambini

He said to the gathering throng around him " I don't know why you pay in to watch this shite " Get well soon John. LEGEND.
  • Like 1