Govan, Sevco, Nov. 4Th

Jaggernaut

Manhandling two young fans out of a stadium for flying two inoffensive flags is completely unacceptable. To say they can have no complaints is outrageous given some of the flags on display in the home end. Fair play to the fans who backed them up when the stewards moved in.

:thumbsup2: That's the crux of the matter. I'd go further than "completely unacceptable" if you get my drift.

The flags were a wind-up, not an attempt to align PTFC to any political cause - Thistle fans in general are above that. It certainly worked, I thought it was pretty brave and impressive for 2 young people with 2 flags to incense about 20,000 people.

“You’re obliged to pretend respect for people and institutions you think absurd”

Cool.... A union jack and the flag of royal Spain to Parkheid in december then? Maybe a star of David too, for extra bravery. .... Just for a wind up.

• Like 2

Cool.... A union jack and the flag of royal Spain to Parkheid in december then? Maybe a star of David too, for extra bravery. .... Just for a wind up.

Haud on a minute...

No' that long ago you were on here presenting loads of Thistle Union Jack flag designs.

Now, according to the sarcastic tone of your above posting, we'd be out of order to fly the said Union Jack at Parkhead?

Total scrambled egg.

• Like 1

Haud on a minute...

No' that long ago you were on here presenting loads of Thistle Union Jack flag designs.

Now, according to the sarcastic tone of your above posting, we'd be out of order to fly the said Union Jack at Parkhead?

Total scrambled egg.

On here. Not at a game. Context please.

I was responding to milhouse's post.

On a previous occasion - http://www.wearethis...202#entry215202 - and others, I have been responding to someone suggesting we should possibly attempt to align PTFC to a political cause and I was asserting balance.

The reason for my sarcastic tone here is, I again question who might be first to think it out of order. Would the parkheid stewards have to act so "outrageously", or would some jags fans be more likely to police themselves, on that occasion?

I have said previously the best wind up to sevco would possibly be a red black and yellow union flag bearing the legend "F**k the Rangers" on it. However, I also have stated before that I think national flags at club games is lazy and sycophantic, particularly when they don't even have your club's colours on them never mind club's name. Be proud of what we are, Partick Thistle, an independent mongrel nation, not a mere affiliate, foot-soldier battalion, of another. We belong to no other. F**k the SPFL and the SFA, shite ref's and stupid rules about all seater stadia have ****** us about for decades.

I don't mind the odd dig at the opposition, I'd have to plead guilty on many occasion. So, I'm not dictating rules to anyone. Do what you want. I'm not asserting myself as the "better Jag" here, just asking for pause for thought. The "famous" section "B" prided themselves in being wind up merchants. Get's to the point when all you got left is ..."No one likes us we don't care"? ... miserable diddy league c**ts.

One team in Glasgow. F.T.O.F. - Club before country not we're with the right country - is what makes us the Great Glasgow Alternative.

The Ibrox incident was just trying to play their favoured exclusive game while we were getting pumped on the park.... Bit pathetic really. ... ... ... Though not as pathetic as the 'orrible 'uns spitting feathers reaction. :thumbsup2:

:fan:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz
  • Like 1

On here. Not at a game. Context please.

I was responding to milhouse's post.

On a previous occasion - http://www.wearethis...202#entry215202 - and others, I have been responding to someone suggesting we should possibly attempt to align PTFC to a political cause and I was asserting balance.

The reason for my sarcastic tone here is, I again question who might be first to think it out of order. Would the parkheid stewards have to act so "outrageously", or would some jags fans be more likely to police themselves, on that occasion?

I have said previously the best wind up to sevco would possibly be a red black and yellow union flag bearing the legend "F**k the Rangers" on it. However, I also have stated before that I think national flags at club games is lazy and sycophantic, particularly when they don't even have your club's colours on them never mind club's name. Be proud of what we are, Partick Thistle, an independent mongrel nation, not a mere affiliate, foot-soldier battalion, of another. We belong to no other. F**k the SPFL and the SFA, shite ref's and stupid rules about all seater stadia have ****** us about for decades.

I don't mind the odd dig at the opposition, I'd have to plead guilty on many occasion. So, I'm not dictating rules to anyone. Do what you want. I'm not asserting myself as the "better Jag" here, just asking for pause for thought. The "famous" section "B" prided themselves in being wind up merchants. Get's to the point when all you got left is ..."No one likes us we don't care"? ... miserable diddy league c**ts.

One team in Glasgow. F.T.O.F. - Club before country not we're with the right country - is what makes us the Great Glasgow Alternative.

The Ibrox incident was just trying to play their favoured exclusive game while we were getting pumped on the park.... Bit pathetic really. ... ... ... Though not as pathetic as the 'orrible 'uns spitting feathers reaction. :thumbsup2:

:fan:

You don't half waffle some.

I take humbrage with your calling our supporters on Saturday pathetic.

Just to quote you one random example, I'll tell YOU what's pathetic.

A red hand of Ulster banner (what's that got to do with Scotland?) hung at Ibrox on Saturday with the (cleverly written) slogan "Here lies a soldier".

You'd have to be zipped up at the back to believe that's a WWI "tribute".

A reminder of the lyrics:

Don't bury me in Eireann's ****** valleys,

Just take me home, in Ulster let me rest,

And on my gravestone carve this simple message:

Here lies a soldier of the UVF.

What did yer local-friendly-neutral-law-abiding stewards do about that?

Feck all. Turned a blind eye. It doesn't take a genius to work out why.

Scottish society is plagued by Sectarian filth on a weekly basis and hee-haw gets done about it.

And yet two young Thistle fans get manhandled out like a couple of war criminals for banners that are fairy light in comparison?

The young Thistle fans calling them out / winding them up are to be applauded.

Thistle fans rounding on their own for doing so, now THAT'S pathetic.

• Like 5

However, I also have stated before that I think national flags at club games is lazy and sycophantic, particularly when they don't even have your club's colours on them never mind club's name.

You do realise that the young lad assaulted by that sad excuse for a steward was the same young gentleman who organised the splendid red/yellow/black card display at a previous match at Ibrox and a similar display against that vile institution last game at Firhill?

A red hand of Ulster banner (what's that got to do with Scotland?) hung at Ibrox on Saturday with the (cleverly written) slogan "Here lies a soldier".

Scottish society is plagued by Sectarian filth on a weekly basis and hee-haw gets done about it.

And yet two young Thistle fans get manhandled out like a couple of war criminals for banners that are fairy light in comparison?

Jukebox Rebel - this refers to the original UVF who became the 36th Ulster Brigade of the British Army and as such were not a proscribed organisation -herefore reference to them or having the Red Hand of Ulster which is the symbol of Northern Ireland is not against EUFA Rules

cottish Flag on its own would not have been removed - add a political message it breaks EUFA Rules - Nor was the Catalan Flag flown - which again would not be removed - the Flag flown was the Estelades which is for Catalan Independance - Barca revieve regular fines for the fflying of this Flag

Therfore the removal of these Flags was correct - refusal to sit down will result in ejection - although the Stewarding left a lot to be desired if reports are correct

• Like 1

Manhandling two young fans out of a stadium for flying two inoffensive flags is completely unacceptable. To say they can have no complaints is outrageous given some of the flags on display in the home end. Fair play to the fans who backed them up when the stewards moved in.

Well I for one find them offensive as its pushing political causes at a Football Game which Im 100% against - this is a Sporting event - not a Political event

• Like 2

Well I for one find them offensive as its pushing political causes at a Football Game which Im 100% against - this is a Sporting event - not a Political event

Following that through - what was the sporting context for Sevco - or whatever they are called this season - holding a celebration for the armed forces last weekend?

It is quite proper to honour the sacrifice of those who have given their lives for our freedom. However, there is a time and a place to do so appropriately. A football game at Ibrox meets neither of those criteria.

Edited by Barney Rubble
  • Like 3

Ah, the guy that hates Barcelona. Well, well, well. Fancy seeing you here!

So, just so we're all clear, you take offence to the Scotland and Catalan flags but are ok with the Red Hand of Ulster and Here Lies a Soldier.

Right you are then. :thumbsup2:

• Like 2

Anyone else remember the days when there was banter to and fro between fans, singing, hand signals, shouting, laughing and general winding up. Wasn't really that long ago.

I definitely prefer the heady mixture of cheering on your own team and then verbally getting right in about the other.

It should end the second the final whistle is blown and mostly does.

Certain teams 'supporters' don't know the difference between creating an atmosphere for 90 minutes and then going about their normal business.

Sadly, their normal business is equally as distasteful as the 90 minutes of bile they've just spewed and they'll steal property and set it on fire afterwards etc.

This behaviour is noticed and as with decisions on the park, the non OF teams will suffer most as a clamp down is initiated by those in charge.

It's sad that I and possibly many others have gone from wanting to beat Rangers more than anything to wishing we didn't play them at all.

10 years ago, I'd have been on the drink for a week if we were to beat them, now I'd feel a bit of a fraud as I've convinced myself I'd rather we didn't play them in the first place.

On second thoughts, who am I kidding. Please can we just knock them out of the Scottish Cup :happy2:

You take what you want. However, it is not the argument I have presented.

Quote me where I condone rangers fans in my post.

Your argument is pathetic.

To quote you, "And yet two young Thistle fans get manhandled out like a couple of war criminals for banners that are fairy light in comparison? "

The logic in your comparison is Rangers fans are getting away with murder therefore we should be allowed to commit an assault. The banners were not a neutral, disinterested call for peace or denouncement of discrimination, sectarianism or anything else. They were promoting specific opposition groups to "them", which are not "us". They weren't in support of "us" they were intended to offend "them".

It is this reasoning which perpetuates grievances and escalates the tit for tat abuse. My enemy's enemy is my friend.

Your argument is authoritarian. We are not the police, the law... "the peepell" ... we are a football club.

Yet, you decree, "The young Thistle fans calling them out / winding them up are to be applauded. Thistle fans rounding on their own for doing so, now THAT'S pathetic.".

I said, "I don't mind the odd dig at the opposition, I'd have to plead guilty on many occasion. So, I'm not dictating rules to anyone. Do what you want. I'm not asserting myself as the "better Jag" here, just asking for pause for thought."

I'm not "rounding on my own" any more than you are right now in critiquing my criticisms of some of our fans.

"The Ibrox incident was just trying to play their favoured exclusive game while we were getting pumped on the park.... Bit pathetic really. ... ... ... Though not as pathetic as the 'orrible 'uns spitting feathers reaction. :thumbsup2:"

Whether you believe in or think the causes promoted are righteous or not, or attempt to assert it was simply a point of order made with random subject for effect.... it doesn't mitigate a 0-3 pumpin.

That's the pathetic distraction, of which the Old Firm are masters.

ONE TEAM IN GLASGOW The old firm are cults.

• Like 1

You do realise that the young lad assaulted by that sad excuse for a steward was the same young gentleman who organised the splendid red/yellow/black card display at a previous match at Ibrox and a similar display against that vile institution last game at Firhill?

No I did not. Nor am I defending the stewards, whom I'm able to believe were ar5eh0les who made a c*nt of their job.

However, after all that previous effort from the young lad, this was lazy in comparison. He was lauded for liaising with the Ibrox and Firhill staff to agree and coordinate a fine display of support for his team... This time he just took it upon himself to have a dig at the opposition, from an area you might be moved on from for quietly standing, suppin a bovril while waiting on your pal coming back from the pi55er.

• Like 1

CGMB, you're an intelligent guy, I'm sure you know that I know you know I wasn't saying you were condoning Orcdom. Far from it.

I will 'cede to you that perhaps the flying of the Yes Saltire or Catalan's indie flag is not particularly cool or imaginative (or even appropriate) at a Thistle game, but it's certainly not "pathetic" and I'm certainly not going to condemn any of our supporters for doing so, ESPECIALLY in that heaving cesspit of a place. And those boys certainly didn't deserve to be treated in the way they were.

We'll need to agree to disagree on what's acceptable and what's not in the good fight.

• Like 2

Ah, the guy that hates Barcelona. Well, well, well. Fancy seeing you here!

So, just so we're all clear, you take offence to the Scotland and Catalan flags but are ok with the Red Hand of Ulster and Here Lies a Soldier.

Right you are then. :thumbsup2:

My Views on FCB are no different from a lot of Jags Fans views on the OF - they use Catalan Nationalism whereas the OF use the Politics of NI - pretty much the same thing IMO - as for the Red Hand and the quote - I have no view on it - however as they are by there nature not political banners - whereas the banners that were removed have a clear political message - we cant complain about the actions of the OF and there banners then do the exact same ourselves

Ask black South Africans if sport and politics shouldn't mix.

If you read what I said I was against political causes being pushed at a Sporting Event - Europe is a Liberal Democracy - its not a Dictatorship - there are lots of opportunities to promote your political view - Football isn't one of them - also the economic boycott of SA ended apartheid - the Sporting Ban had very little impact

Ah, the guy that hates Barcelona. Well, well, well. Fancy seeing you here! So, just so we're all clear, you take offence to the Scotland and Catalan flags but are ok with the Red Hand of Ulster and Here Lies a Soldier. Right you are then. :thumbsup2:

They were not Scottish or Catalan Flags - they were banners promoting a political view - if they had been Scottish or Catalan Flags they wouldn't have been removed - but don't let the facts get in the way of your biased view

They were not Scottish or Catalan Flags - they were banners promoting a political view - if they had been Scottish or Catalan Flags they wouldn't have been removed - but don't let the facts get in the way of your biased view

I'll stay out the rights and wrongs re the political side of things. If you're making a general point then apologies. However re this specific incident you're incorrect. There were no mitigating circumstances to compensate for what was simply an act of petty thuggery, an action outside the remit of any steward, badged or otherwise.

• Like 1

They would most certainly have been removed. The "outrage" amongst the medieval misfits would have been exactly the same.