Scottish Cup Draw

elevenone

Draw at 4.45 today (assuming SFA dont make an erse of it). Who we all wanting? Wee away tie to the any of the non league teams left is my preference. So no doubt St Johnstone away.

Oh don't be so pessimistic. We could just as easy get an exciting away trip to Airdrie, Dumbarton or even Livingston.

I wonder if this is the furthest Brora have ever got in the cup. They were drawn three times for the last round, they're virtually in the semi final.

Surely the SFA will make sure they get it right today...

They cannot get any further than Stranraer BB, so your'e quite correct.

The last time I watched Thistle at Montrose, Jim Leishman was the Montrose manager. He became so incensed by the referee's decisions that at one point he flung his jacket off and was heading onto the pitch after the ref. Only the efforts of his assistant stopped him. I think that was the day we secured promotion. So a trip back there would be good.

We haven't played Montrose since Season 1991/92 - by a considerable period, the longest since we have had a competitive game against any team in the SPFL. The only memory I have about playing Montrose is Denis McQuade thundering in a 40 yard screamer against them in 1970.

No doubt we will play Queen of the South...which will be a difficult tie.

Aye no doubt good away days. Of grounds we've visited regularly over the last 20 years Palmerston is my favourite. That said assuming QoS go thru the plastic pitch will make the game more of a leveler and I doubt Archie will be overjoyed at the prospect of playing there.

Btw pubs are better in Dumfries than Montrose.