Vs. Killie

Jaggernaut

It's all very well saying, "Who would be a better manager?" but we should remember that Killie beat us 0-2 on our own patch although they didn't have a manager in place. That they should then beat us by 4 clear goals at their home ground with a manager in place, in hindsight, shouldn't really come as a surprise.

IMHO Alan Archibald's race has been run. The last time we faced this kind of position, the board hung on to DC far too long, and we lucked out at Peterhead. This time, the current board should learn the lesson, if the management team doesn't.

Edited by Fearchar
  • Like 3

bad day at the office - didn't go this afternoon after my own team got pumped 4-1 this morning down at the firhill complex so technically no right to get involved here ... however I have to wonder at the bloodlust in some of these posts - there's some really vicious and personal stuff from particular posters directed at Archie which is quite appalling to read.

We are, whether you like it or not, a bottom six team in premiership or top six in championship and a team that rarely flatters in any cup competition - given that we are effectively mid-range on that scale is no real cause for major concern on my part - Archie got us up and should be given the opportunity to get us out of this too.

We have a similar record in last 5 games to other teams Hearts/Hamilton & County - no difference tonight to what it was this morning - 4 points behind and a game in hand.

• Like 2

A poor result and we’re on a poor run. I think part of the reason that Archie has persisted with Barton in midfield is that there was no one else fit, same with Edwards. That may be about to change though and Barton in the middle of the back three was excellent last year. The squad is not as balanced as it was last year though and I was a bit surprised Archie went for sammon instead of another centre mid. That being said I would still stick by Archie to turn it round but we could really do with winning on Wednesday night.

We overcame it last year but is a big ask to give teams a start each year and then claw it back when you have no momentum from the opening games.

Ourselves and Ross Cty had a terrible run of opening fixtures.

At the point where we could claw it back, we've had far too many injuries.

I still think we could get back into things with a few players back.

Archie has earned the right to see this season out.

I'd love to think so too, but "a few players back....." When? After another 4 or 5 defeats and us more than 20 points adrift at the bottom of the table?

This team has chucked it.

Barton was hailed as "classy" when he arrived. Now a liability.

Edwards: some people call him a headless chicken... not far off the truth, maybe.

Cerny: Is he as good as the fan club believe?

Devine: does he inspire confidence? Do any of them?

I honestly feel this team has "Relegation" written all over it.

I'd love to think so too, but "a few players back....." When? After another 4 or 5 defeats and us more than 20 points adrift at the bottom of the table?

This team has chucked it.

Barton was hailed as "classy" when he arrived. Now a liability.

Edwards: some people call him a headless chicken... not far off the truth, maybe.

Cerny: Is he as good as the fan club believe?

Devine: does he inspire confidence? Do any of them?

I honestly feel this team has "Relegation" written all over it.

Barton can only play in one position from what I've seen and hasn't been playing there.

Edwards can break the play up but we need more than that at the moment.

Cerny is a very good keeper that is having a bad run.

All of the centre backs and the central midfield look poor at the minute.

I think we have too many in there and would clear the middle a bit.

Make the players take more responsibility. Too many of them waiting for the other to do something.

I really hope they haven't chucked it because then it is only down to one person, the manager.

We'll see in the next six games.

Target 4 points from the first 3 and 4 points from the next 3.

Anything less than 8 points and we could be in deep trouble come the New Year.

Barton can only play in one position from what I've seen and hasn't been playing there.

Edwards can break the play up but we need more than that at the moment.

Cerny is a very good keeper that is having a bad run.

All of the centre backs and the central midfield look poor at the minute.

I think we have too many in there and would clear the middle a bit.

Make the players take more responsibility. Too many of them waiting for the other to do something.

I really hope they haven't chucked it because then it is only down to one person, the manager.

We'll see in the next six games.

Target 4 points from the first 3 and 4 points from the next 3.

Anything less than 8 points and we could be in deep trouble come the New Year.

Yes, I agree.

Not so long ago folk were saying that our eight games in December would be the critical ones.

Well, that's two games gone, and nul points...

ps: I don't want Archie to get sacked. In fact even if we get relegated, I'd give him a shot of getting us back up; he's deserved that more than some other journeyman manager who has been sacked several times by other clubs.

• Like 1

OK, so I was there today and would say this about the game:

As scoreline suggests, struggled in defence and midfield. Again were caused all sorts of problems from set-pieces. Managed to deal with initial attack but very shaky with follow-up rebounds and goalmouth scrambles (partly yes due to Cerny who I'd liked to have seen hold on to a bit more saves, rather than parry them and leave danger) - which I think were at least the cause of goals one and two. Had an OK spell in the first half and very start of the second half but that was about it.

Other than that looked a relegated, never mind relegation side. Humiliation just got worse and I left at 80 minutes.

Walking up the road could only think if & when we get injured players back, it'll be too late even for players with a chance of making a difference. Hoping I was wrong and just in a mood. Topped off with having to share a packed train back from Glasgow with folk coming back from Ibrox. Two carriages only and not everyone got on, people arguing and pretty much squaring up with those in the doorway when they said they couldn't move further down and let them on. Lovely.

Just watched the highlights:

Mr Back-pass-Barton slowed down our play or lost possession just about every single time he received the ball.

MGinn and Erskine looked decent.

I don't know how many times I've seen Edwards' shots at goal sail over the bar.... it must be dozens.

Yes, there were some nice snazzy fast passes up front, but the build-up to getting to that point was so slow that Killie had enough players back to deal with it each time.

I'm afraid the Great Unpredicatables have become all too predictable.

With regards to Cerny, I said last week, hes costing us more goals than he saves. His kick outs are deplorable and when you add that to his positioning when the ball comes into the box he often puts us under unnecessary pressure. An example of this was when he had the ball at his feet, Devine was standing in space shouting for a pass, he looked up and played a long ball directly to a hibs player who headed the ball back with interest which led to Stokes running through on goal.

I was disappointed by his performance last week in comparison to Marciano who read the danger and was quick off his line to sweep up at every opportunity.

If Scully had been in goal in recent weeks he would have been slaughtered and dropped quicker than a hot tattie.

I realise that Archie's options with regards to players at the moment are fairly limited but he surely can see that continually playing the same players and tactics are going to cost him his job?

Barton needs put back in to a back 3 pronto. His ability on the ball might help bring some calmness to the bombscare partnership that Divine and Keown have currenly struck up.

Woods/Fraser may not be fit enough yet but they must have at least an hour in them? That has to be better than watching Edwards and Barton try to play in there.

The buck ultimately stops with Archie and he knows this better than any of us, however, the players need to take a hard look at themselves.

Some of the level of effort and attitude on show has been shocking. They would put any manager under pressure showing the application they did yesterday.

• Like 1