Vs. Killie

Jaggernaut

The seemingly sustained campaign against Archie by a handful of prominent posters on here saddens me.

Get behind the team, the managers, the Club. We got ourselves off the bottom last Xmas, we can do it again.

We are Thistle.

The lack of performances and the manager's inept management angers me. Yes? We did haul ourselves up last year, but this time we don't even look like getting a run together. And Archie persists with the same tactics when they are clearly not working. Either Archie changes it to start grinding out results or he has to go. The problem is in midfield. He did not recruit for the loss of Welsh. Bannigan was always going to be a risk coming back, Fraser just getting himself together. Playing Barton there constantly when he is a liability is crazy. Put him sweeping at a back 5. Grind out results. We need to and fast.

There seems to be almost a paralysis in both the team attitude on the pitch and in the management during games.

There is no-one on the pitch shouting orders and taking responsibility - almost every pass is made with both the ball and the buck. Quite apart from the perverse persistence with Barton in midfield, Archie is very reluctant to change things during a match when things are oviously in need of change.

I wasn't at the match yesterday but it seems that changes were made a bit earlier than usual, so perhaps the penny has begun to drop. Surely Archie will now see that fundamental changes in the starting line up on Wednesday are needed. If it has not already happened, I think the Chairman should read the riot act to the players and promise financial penalties unless they apply themselves more vigorously and take more responsibility.

I would be very sorry to see Archie leave, but unless he shows a willingness to change, he is probably doomed. I think that the Board would respond positively if Archie did make wholesale changes - even if they were unsuccessful. What they will not accept I suspect is stasis.

Edited by eljaggo
  • Like 1

Didnt go yesterday so cant comment on the game - all i will say is i think there are a few players not putting in a shift and if Alan went they should go too . I would like to see some of the development lads given a shot just now, if we need to start thinking about playing in the first division next term

what two games are you selectively choosing?

since 15/7/17: W:6, L:10, D:6

not wonderful, I agree, but you can really prove anything with stats!

I'm honestly not sure if you're trolling or just daft. I'm selectively choosing the League games you know the ones that are pretty important, I'm sure that win v Stranraer will prove invaluable come the end of the season.

Can we all agree Archie is a legend as a player and manager. Whether you think he should stay or go, can we agree on this.

However there is the question of 2 wins in 21. It can't be ignored.

Injuries have played a part, but we can't complain about lack of depth when we resign Fraser, Muzzy and Banzo. 3 first team wages and how many games in the last 2 seasons?

Anyway, a the next few games are going to be pivotal. If the points difference gets bigger before Christmas I think the board have a huge decision to make.

Keep backing the team guys, they need our support.

• Like 1

Does anyone on here think it's likely that if we let Archie go we might replace him with a guy who has managed English Premiership and Championship clubs, worked as assistant manager and first team coach for Jose Mourinho, Ruud Gullit, Kenny Dalglish, Gianfranco Zola, been part of coaching and management teams who have won multiple English league titles and cups ... and hand him sufficient cash in this budget to sign a 30 year old free agent midfielder with well over 100 EPL appearances, former player of the year at his club, who was valued at over £5million at one point in his career, before suffering injury which has stunted his appearances for 2 years and was injured while his club was relegated from the premiership....

.. or is it more likely we might get someone of the Owen Coyle calibre, who in his last 4 managerial appointments has a win % ratio lower than our current gaffer's and who since joining Ross county in september has won 3 matches in 10, lost 5 and drawn 2, seeing the club fall from 10th to 11th place in the league.

... ?

.. or is it more likely we might get someone of the Owen Coyle calibre, who in his last 4 managerial appointments has a win % ratio lower than our current gaffer's and who since joining Ross county in september has won 3 matches in 10, lost 5 and drawn 2, seeing the club fall from 10th to 11th place in the league.

... ?

11 points from the next 10 games would be a godsend for us right now.

Irrespective of who is the manager.

• Like 1

Can we all agree Archie is a legend as a player and manager. Whether you think he should stay or go, can we agree on this.

However there is the question of 2 wins in 21. It can't be ignored.

Injuries have played a part, but we can't complain about lack of depth when we resign Fraser, Muzzy and Banzo. 3 first team wages and how many games in the last 2 seasons?

Anyway, a the next few games are going to be pivotal. If the points difference gets bigger before Christmas I think the board have a huge decision to make.

Keep backing the team guys, they need our support.

Not an expert on player contracts, but fairly sure that Banzo was signed for 2 seasons a season and a half ago, so it was not a matter of him being re-signed at the beginning of this campaign. Muzzy was given a longer contract even prior to that, before his major injury problems were fully revealed. Fraser's extension is the most recent, and I agree that this was a strange one.

I am still hoping that all 3 (along with Osman, Elliott & Booth) will come good for us this season, before it is too late.

Quite aside from being good players, Banzo & Muzzy (at their best, of course) bring a positivity of spirit which can lift fellow players and the crowd alike, and may mean less possibility of the dismal defeatism which pervaded the last half hour of yesterday's game.

It's worth asking yourselves folks, that with the exception of Booth and Elliot, are any of the injured players returning going to do us much good? We seem to be pinning our hopes on players coming back, but forgetting that of those players: Bannigan has barely kicked a ball in 2 years and was bang average at the start of the season. Osman was off the pace for the best part of a year, and many of us last season were saying he should be dropped for his form. Muzzy hasn't kicked a ball for a year, and probably won't do so again and Fraser is in exactly the same situation in regards to the amount of match time he has gotten.

Between 5th August and 9th December we have won the least points of any club in the top division under the management of Alan Archibald.

Do you see what I did there?

Yes.

Stated the obvious.

My point is that the solution to clear problem is not as obvious as some on here are suggesting.

• Like 1

Yes.

Stated the obvious.

My point is that the solution to clear problem is not as obvious as some on here are suggesting.

I've said this before - leaving aside the injury issues (Y&R's analysis above is particularly astute), two major worrying factors have been Archie's inability to get the best out of the remainder of the squad, and how to integrate Sammon and Storey effectively into the system.

Right now, bottom of the league with least goals scored and leakiest defence tells its own story graphically. Those who shrug their shoulders and assert that we were in this position last December and we have players to come back from injury are not facing the reality of the situation.

Edited by Barney Rubble
  • Like 3

If the gap between us and 11th widens this month, and with the returning injured players needing game time to get up to speed that puts us into February because of the winter break, Archie may ask for funds for the January transfer window.. but IF we already have the most expensive squad to date will they trust him to spend the money wisely? He undoubtedly has goodwill with the board but he must be using some of that up now.

3 points on Wednesday however unlikely that may be right now would give him and the board some breathing space.

Fraser & Bannigan back will stiffen our midfield. I’d love Elliot back soon but impossible. Booth will help. Undecided about Osman tbh. I think Muzzy is off for good.

Give Archie till mid-Feb at least - him & Shaggy can do this.

Mid Feb may well be too late. Waiting on these players to come back and get up to speed quickly, be a match winner and not break down again is too huge a risk to take.

Fraser & Bannigan back will stiffen our midfield. I’d love Elliot back soon but impossible. Booth will help. Undecided about Osman tbh. I think Muzzy is off for good.

Give Archie till mid-Feb at least - him & Shaggy can do this.

Bannigan May be out longer than thought going with a comment on Jagszone

Fraser has been out so long it’ll be difficult for him to find his old form

Muzzy I also think is finished unfortunately

Osman seems to spend his time flogging T-shirts rather than even attending the games, someone asked him if because he’s not in the calendar that means he’s off, and his response wasn’t exactly encouraging

Elliot think we’ll be lucky to get a few games from at end of season

Booth is back running, will need game time so probably mid to end February

We’re also picking up bookings, think Turnbull is suspended now and a few others close to it, as the heads drop expect to see more

Osman seems to spend his time flogging T-shirts rather than even attending the games, someone asked him if because he’s not in the calendar that means he’s off,

I completely agree with you here! Your captain, fit or not, should be ever present at training and at games. He seems to be spending his time flogging t-shirts, and down at Old Trafford judging by his Instagram.