Vs. Killie

Jaggernaut

That's the one thing he hasn't managed to do.

It's funny how people keep looking back and quoting 2 wins from 21 games even though 5 of those were last season after we'd finished 6th.

Why not look back further to when he got us promoted, when McNamara couldn't buy an away win and then helped us stay up and improve season after season.

In my mind, this looks like a blip on his otherwise fantastic record of achievements brought on by some unfortunate circumstances.

Well he’s well on the way.....

We are bottom of the league and detached from the rest that his current record the past is irrelevant

We have won 2 games out of 16, have scored fewest goals and conceded more than any other team and we have just lost 5-1 to one if our main rivals .....all points one way

What's funny about looking at the continous record. They downed tools in the top six and they haven't picked them back.up again. To ask to go back to the promotion is utter deflection and irrelevant. This is now and we have had far too few decent performances in that run. And we've taken a few humpings in that time. As previously commented Archie's recruitment programme in the summer was poor. Remember him saying that making the top six would give him more time to bring in the players he wanted? What happened. Losing in the manner we did today against a team we expect to fight to survive reeks of us in relegation mode. He has to go.

It's funny because it's not a continuous record.

It's a point in time chosen to suit a certain type of argument.

I'm not defending some of the performances or even all of the tactics but don't think changing the manager is the answer at this point.

• Like 1

Sandy, you are worried about Jim Duffy or Ian McCall. Killie brought in Steve Clark and Ross County got Owen Coyle. There are good managers out there, its upto the board to find one. Archie doesn't have a clue how to sort this mess he has got us into. We are hard to watch and unorganised. What else do you need to see??

Sandy, you are worried about Jim Duffy or Ian McCall. Killie brought in Steve Clark and Ross County got Owen Coyle. There are good managers out there, its upto the board to find one. Archie doesn't have a clue how to sort this mess he has got us into. We are hard to watch and unorganised. What else do you need to see??

Exactly.We should not accept relegation just because of who is in charge.

Sandy makes a reasonable point - who to replace?

Cathro!!

John Hughes?

Jim McIntyre?

Ray MacKinnon?

Usual suspects in such circumstances - ok we might get a brief dead dog bounce but none of them inspire any more confidence than the current management team...................... in fact - probably less.

Sandy makes a reasonable point - who to replace?

Cathro!!

John Hughes?

Jim McIntyre?

Ray MacKinnon?

Usual suspects in such circumstances - ok we might get a brief dead dog bounce but none of them inspire any more confidence than the current management team...................... in fact - probably less.

They are the names you mention and then you knock down

The board make the choice

There is always someone else

We've been underperforming and underachieving since April, and most of us have seen that staring us in the face.

However, there is no escaping that today's result is a major red flag. Shipping five and six goals to Celtic and Aberdeen were explained away at the time. Shipping five to this Kilmarnock side, having already put in a frankly abominable performance against them at Firhill two months ago, is simply unacceptable.

• Like 1

Peter Houston would be my pick. In the past 7 years he has won a Scottish Cup with United, and got a runners-up Scottish Cup medal with Falkirk. I know winning and getting to the finals of major tournaments seems foreign to Jags fans, but it's apparently a sign of a successful club...

He finished in 2nd with Falkirk two seasons in a row, but for some reason started slowly this season. Still think he's a good manager, and would steady the ship.

Edited by Yellow & Redneck
  • Like 1

Forget the excuse of a bad run of opening fixtures we’re 16 games in now, won 2 drew 5 and lost 9, keep this form up and well finish the season on 22 points.

Killie haven’t won at home this season till today, and they pumped us.

We are tactically naive, have no fight, no movement, no desire and no belief, and Archie appears out of ideas.

The players are a disgrace at the moment, yes we have injuries but a real team digs in, fights and grinds results out, we have 11 individuals, they don’t play as a team. Not one player in this team is displaying the bottle to get us out this position.

If we’re on the same points tally this time next Saturday we’re as good as gone, cause unless the board allow Archie to spend massively in January or a new manager is brought in to basically work a miracle with what we’ve got or add to it, we’re relegated.

It's clear there are teams that would be top six even with our run of opening fixtures.

It's not an excuse but it has made it difficult for us and the injuries haven't helped.

IMO, we start the season with a chance of avoiding 11th place and are already on a knife edge with regards to completing this goal.

Anything above 10th is an incredible feat for us.

The run of fixtures and the injuries have made it more difficult this season but I still think Archie will adapt and learn for part two of the season.

I've made no bones about who I think are players and who aren't and it seems some of the injured ones have more heart than those currently available.

We are 1 month away from being able to add to the squad, although I keep reading that other teams have new players on a weekly basis. Maybe on loan?

I only hope we can hang in until January and if so, I believe we'll be ok.

This is a completely off-the-wall idea, but in some areas of business, struggling managers who have good underlying abilities, are given advice from external consultants to sort out particular difficultes or issues. The present situation seems to fall into that category, and would it not be worthwhile finding a well respected retired manager to provide advice to Archie on a short term basis.

If this were done now, it would give the opportunity to use that experience to help recruit during the January transfer window if that were needed. I'm sure Archie would respond to such advice - two heads are better than one!

It's clear there are teams that would be top six even with our run of opening fixtures.

It's not an excuse but it has made it difficult for us and the injuries haven't helped.

IMO, we start the season with a chance of avoiding 11th place and are already on a knife edge with regards to completing this goal.

Anything above 10th is an incredible feat for us.

The run of fixtures and the injuries have made it more difficult this season but I still think Archie will adapt and learn for part two of the season.

I've made no bones about who I think are players and who aren't and it seems some of the injured ones have more heart than those currently available.

We are 1 month away from being able to add to the squad, although I keep reading that other teams have new players on a weekly basis. Maybe on loan?

I only hope we can hang in until January and if so, I believe we'll be ok.

Anything above 10th is an incredible feat for us? No it’s not, we are close to being an established club in this league, we have been above 10th the last few years, and this year we have actually spend a considerable amount of cash for Thistle, we’ve went from 11th place in terms of wages to 7th (if the report in papers are to be believed).

If we go down, the cash drops, players want to leave (maybe not a bad thing), and it could take us years to get back up.

If the board does nothing (Either sacking Archie, or give him considerable funds in January) it sends the message to all at the club from the fans to the players that failure is acceptable, so what’s the point if we’re not bothered about competing.

I want Archie to succeed but more importantly I want Thistle to succeed

• Like 1

The key question people need to ask themselves is if they are more interested in Alan Archibald’s career, or PTFC trying to avoid relegation. “Who will we get in?” is a worn-out argument. It would astound me if any true Thistle fan doesn’t think Alan Archibald is 2 games away from being sacked.

• Like 1

We can play some neat football at times which is pleasing on the eye but that is not what's going to get us out this mess.

We are so lightweight and flimsy..We llack bite,dig and passion which is what's required to get us out this mess.

Hamilton and Kilmarnock today both have these qualities and they are the teams moving up this league. I think we call it winning UGLY.

Forget what we achieved last year..there were 5 teams below us who were dreadful for the full season but have drastically improved this season and with the addiction of Hibs it was always going to be more difficult.

lawless, Barton and Edwards are a complete waste of a Jersey.

Spittal has vanished in recent weeks and Keown is a shadow of the player he was last year.

We constantly flit between Dolan and Storey and today showed what can happen when you play Two strikers (Boyd & Brophy) both got two goals.

I don't think Archie has the players available to successfully play his way and I doubt even more he knows how to change it up to start getting victorys.

What MUST happen on Wednesday is a complete shake up with some bite and passion as Motherwell will run over the top of us as they did at Firpark

• Like 1

People ask who we could get in,who would have thought Clarke or Coyle would be in our league this season? Some have mentioned Ross and Hopkin 2 good young up and coming managers.I would love for Archibald to turn it around but I don't see it.Lets get somebody in while we still have a chance,not when we are so far behind its an impossible job to keep us up.I know getting a new manager doesn't guarantee we stay up,but we shouldn't just stick with Archie because of who he is