Celtic

Garscube Road End

Never laid a glove on Celtic, who didn’t have to get out of 2nd gear. 4 points from 6 in the next two games and freshen the squad up in January. Last seasons trip to Spain turned our season, wonder if we are going away again.

Get them to Blackpool and running up the hills with tyres, its all they deserve so far!

• Like 1

On the way to work this morning I was thinking of one word that best describes the present Thistle team. The word that came to mind was:

Feeble.

markedly lacking in strength... a feeble old man

indicating weakness... taking only feeble steps

deficient in qualities or resources that indicate vigor, authority, force, or efficiency

inadequate, inferior.... a feeble excuse

Feeble, yes, that sums it up quite nicely.

• Like 1

Is it really true that the team only had one effort on goal in the whole match and it wasn't even on target?

I've no idea as I wasn't at the match. Rather surprised that after shipping two goals in our last three games we only conceded two at Parkhead. Be interested to hear from anyone who was at the game if there was any improvement in defence.

It was a training exercise for Celtic. We were reasonably competitive in the first half without coming close to a chance and they obviously had many gears to increase through. Second half was a complete non event. I’m struggling to think of this off target shot on goal let alone Gordon having to do anything except collect a couple of corners

Also Gary Fraser should be utterly ashamed of himself tonight. Say what you like about Old Firm fans but smashing a ball full force into a stand full of families from close range is completely inexcusable and very dangerous.

• Like 1

It was a training exercise for Celtic. We were reasonably competitive in the first half without coming close to a chance and they obviously had many gears to increase through. Second half was a complete non event. I’m struggling to think of this off target shot on goal let alone Gordon having to do anything except collect a couple of corners

Also Gary Fraser should be utterly ashamed of himself tonight. Say what you like about Old Firm fans but smashing a ball full force into a stand full of families from close range is completely inexcusable and very dangerous.

Couldn't possibly be a Gers could he ? Or just call me cynical.

Fraser had been on the pitch for about 5 minutes. He didnt have time to get 'frustrated'.

Perhaps he has been told that his career with us is over. It certainly should be after this latest indiscretion.

I watched the game on Celtic TV. Thistle played with a packed defence nearly the whole game but Cetic were always going to score. I dont think anyone played well but no real failures either. Felt sorry for Storey who stuck to his task.

7 bookings may be a problem and nearly all of them justified though as usual Brown stayed down for the 20 seconds it took Muir to book McCarthy, then amazingly bounced back to his feet. What an obnoxious fellow he is. But we could probably do with someone like that.

I hope Erskine starts on Saturday and if so gets back to his brilliant best.

Last comment - Barton- I loved the guy last season and there were times when he looked great tonight, shielding, distributing. But he is so slow and lacadaisical he would need the skill of Beckenbauer or Hansen to compensate. He gave away possession far too often and has become a liability. I have also noticed a propensity to lose his marker at set pieces so would question the wisdom of a step back to CB although circumstances with suspensions may dictate. Give the guy a break Archie!

Just watched the highlights on BBC and there was not one moment of us attacking in the 5 minute package. Hardly anything when we went to Ibrox earlier in the season. So frustrating when you see teams like Hamilton, St Johnstone, Killie and Dundee getting results at these paces. Wish we would at least try and have a go.

We have scored 4 goals in 9 away games and conceded 22.... That is shocking

My son pointed Fraser out in the warm up. he felt the player was trying to hit fans behind the goal as he blasted the ball into the crowd on 2 occasions. I had left the game by the time Fraser came on, and I’ve read Archie say he is not a malicious type of player, but I think the club should look a little closer at the player’s behaviour. If an opposing player had tried that...

My son pointed Fraser out in the warm up. he felt the player was trying to hit fans behind the goal as he blasted the ball into the crowd on 2 occasions. I had left the game by the time Fraser came on, and I’ve read Archie say he is not a malicious type of player, but I think the club should look a little closer at the player’s behaviour. If an opposing player had tried that...

If he was trying to hit the hoarding and missed...get him shipped out.

If he was trying to hit the crowd...get him shipped out.

Embarrassing behaviour......taxi for Fraser!

• Like 1

There's nothing really left to say. Nobody expected anything, and we never showed like we could do anything otherwise. I just feel for those who paid good money to see us score or even create a chance.

Its between us and Hamilton IMO for bottom. Saturday is the biggest game of the season.

Way too early to predict that. I say that there are still 7 teams that could finish bottom, and equally any of those 7 could be top 6.It is small margins between them and there is a transfer window that could change things for any of those teams.