Poor Attendance & North Stand

NELL

The away support was just over 300.

And another thing; can we please stop applauding, as a matter of course, the travelling fans when the figure is announced. If it's Aberdeen or Ross County, it's fair enough. Three hundred folk making the trek all the way from Hamilton, no.

Thank you. Great to know there's someone else on the same wavelength on this particular subject. It's ludicrous. Although I differ slightly - I don't think we should applaud any away fans. At all. Don't even know why we announce how many there are.

The Thistle games again the old firm should be a all ticket game if its not already for jags fans .

Thistle season tickets holders allocated a seat & none season ticket holder buy a ticket .

Patrick thistle football club know how many they can allocate on a first come first served bases .This would generate a lot of revenue for the club.

2 x empty main stand & north stand is poor financial scenes . Just give the north stand up to support the club

These questions don,t need to be addressed if we could fill with thistle fans the Jh or the board sort out that thing at the south end (board sort that out )

The old firm games are all ticket and have been for decades

Our Season Ticket holders have already purchased a ticket (Their ST) for this game, removing the ST figure from the main stand would leave only a few hundred for general release, with home fans not being able to attend whilst empty spaces in the away end (which neither of the old firm have sold out in last 3.5 years with only JHS), and vacant seats in the main stand through ST holders who either can’t attend or choose not to.

I would ignore the money, give the OF 2000 tickets, enforce strict segregation and ensure it stays a “home game”

Thank you. Great to know there's someone else on the same wavelength on this particular subject. It's ludicrous. Although I differ slightly - I don't think we should applaud any away fans. At all. Don't even know why we announce how many there are.

Sometimes we just need something, anything to applaud if the game is poor

How many thistle fans can the old main stand hold seated ?

Also how many does the enclosure hold ? ( If you know for a fact fingers wise please share with the forum ).

Still think we cant fill it with thistle fans :(

Enclosure does not have a safety certificate, so can't be used.

And another thing, there is no guarantee that either of the ugly sisters would sell out the north stand (can we get a name for that stand) so can we stop p1ssing off the fans by trying to move them to appease 2 teams.

I know guys who don't go to these games, so it's not worth buying season tickets. Then when it's freezing or chucking it down, they have nothing to drag them out. We need to be pulling punters in, not giving reasons to stay away.

Edited by Lionel J. Botch

Thistle fans are not turning up to support or team against the old firm (fact) or for that matter any team we play (board are aware of this problem )

There are

empty seats in our sections every wear , Old firm will take every ticket you give them for the jh & north stand (old firm fans= £ for development of Partick thistle football club)

Perhaps a win from thistle against the old firm would help fill the main stand with stay away jags fans it is well over due.

Three things:

1. If we had started the season well and shown that ending up in the top six last season wasn't just a fluke, I think that attendances would be higher. There's definitely the "disappointment" factor about being so abysmal after the very strong second half of last season (though the warning signs already showed at the very end).

2. There's also the view - which won't go away - that Thistle is a kind of wee joke club, not seriously worth spending money to go and see. A wee joke club is how most erse-cheek supporters see us; we don't present any real kind of opposition, and they know that 19 times out of 20 they will beat us without even breaking sweat. That is why they don't even bring more than a few thousand to Firhill these days.

3. The bing. It is soul destroying for some people looking for a good football atmosphere.

2. There's also the view - which won't go away - that Thistle is a kind of wee joke club, not seriously worth spending money to go and see. A wee joke club is how most erse-cheek supporters see us; we don't present any real kind of opposition, and they know that 19 times out of 20 they will beat us without even breaking sweat. That is why they don't even bring more than a few thousand to Firhill these days.

Don't understand.

On that basis of your argument No 2 Jaggernaut it might be argued that Celtic fans need not turn up to the majority of games against "joke clubs" - home or away. Few teams are able to live with them. I've sat opposite the JHS for the last 3 Old Firm games and I'd say the JHS was full. Let's call it 6,000 each time. In fact, I wasn't the only one to think that there was serious overcrowding at the first Celtic game. Having said that, I think the more likely answer is that most fixtures away to "diddy clubs" are live on the telly.

Again, I've said this previously in similar threads. I think the club should offer a non-OF season ticket with season ticket holders offered first opportunity to purchase tickets for the main stand.

This would give more value to the season ticket and open up seats to non ST fans.

Again, I've said this previously in similar threads. I think the club should offer a non-OF season ticket with season ticket holders offered first opportunity to purchase tickets for the main stand.

This would give more value to the season ticket and open up seats to non ST fans.

And potentially sell more STs. There has to be many non ST holders who ponder over the value of an ST knowing they'll be uprooted three times a season or as often as not knowing they'll not attend these matches. Again tho' there has to be some give re regular North Stand punters. The only way I can see an appeasement re turning over the Northie to the OF would be to finance a reduction in entry price for the North Stand.

And potentially sell more STs. There has to be many non ST holders who ponder over the value of an ST knowing they'll be uprooted three times a season or as often as not knowing they'll not attend these matches. Again tho' there has to be some give re regular North Stand punters. The only way I can see an appeasement re turning over the Northie to the OF would be to finance a reduction in entry price for the North Stand.

We give over the JHS for all these games where the majority of our supporters and ST holders reside, there is zero appeasement given to them, several of who I know haven’t renewed due to this and several others don’t want to either sit behind the goals or sit in an antiquated stand for these games so don’t attend, these will be the next ST holders we lose

• Like 1