Team V Qos

Paukea

Brilliant. Hope this pissed off those in the media who predicted a shock here.

This is what I don't understand. How the hell would it have been a shock if Queens had won today. A minor surprise maybe, but a shock never. As it was my take was we shaded the game but a draw would possibly have been a fairer result.

I'm back up the road, tired and emotional without doubt, but full of positives about some of our play today. Most pleasing to see was Abdul to a degree but most certainly, Booth, looked like they'd never been away. Also thought Barton put in a near faultless performance. That may well be more to do with the quality of opposition but even so, playing that role, it still surprised me.

Was disappointed with starting 11, no Woods or Penrice and only 1 up. We looked far better when Dools came on.

Not nearly good enough from Spittal and Erskine. These pitches should be scrapped though. They just couldn’t control the ball. Not enough midfield creativity and I don’t think Edwards was needed.

We could have done with Christie or Muzzy as McGinn offered nothing going forward.. Edwards and mcginn will be needed against Celtic though.

We won reasonably comfortably though and Booth, Barton(once he woke up from a trance) and Sammon were superb.

A great day out was had by all, far better than yet another visit to Perth or Hamilton. Crazy that the game was all ticket. There could’ve been an extra 700 rolling up on the day. Shame on Queens/ police or whoever made this decision. I hope our slightly over exuberant fans were not locked up.

Slightly disagree with LIB in that I think, having watched some Championship fayre, their standard is well below PL. They had nobody apart from Dobbie. If we had lost that game I would have been concerned. If we finish 2nd last we should be ok.

Would now like Ayr away to avenge q final defeat of some years ago.

PS I don’t fancy Barton in a back 4 vs Celtic but not sure of solution unless Penrice can play there. Archie was right to retain Booth at LB. What a performance!

Our first goal was the product of a long series of passes originating from their corner. Erskine lost the momentum and the possibility of a quick break, but showed incredible skill to retain possession and reignite the move, and was up at the edge of the penalty box to combine with Lawless to feed the fish and the rest is history.

Even the second goal began from a probing sequence of passes culminating in Edwards' run and cross. A QoTS defender intervened with a hurried clearance which Booth controlled beautifully to yet again satiate the appetite of our marine marauder.

So despite a difficult surface and the usual cup tie freneticism, there was a fair bit of quality in both goals.

Both finishes were Doolan-esque, great close control and finishing (with the aid of a wee deflection). The good old cliche of ‘great touch for a big man’. Michael and Raymond did say on the comms he was better when played into feet rather than in the air. feed the fish and we will score.