St Johnstone 27/1/18

Auld Jag

Next 5 games we have Well, Rangers, Dundee, Accies, County.

Play to our abilities and we could motor up that league, but play poorly.......

For once we have a decent run coming up, unfortunately the next ones will be against the bigger teams

A lot of these key games against teams around us are way from home, I assume. Makes getting that first away win even more important

would have preferred a draw all the same

No doubt in my mind that a draw would have been the best result, putting us level with one and just one point behind the other, instead of two. But a good day all round, and at the moment accies really look in a bit of trouble, particularly having lost a few decent players.

I texted my bro when the team was announced and said it looked f’n solid, good back 4, Woods and Osman will take no sh1t from no-one, you know what you are getting from Lawless and Erskine, Sammon and Storey look like a good partnership, get in there Jags, superb result, good team selection from Archie. The bench looked good despite no Penrice, McCarthy, Nitriansky aswell

Very good performance, with no failures and I was impressed by Cargill. Thought the ref was shocking, with lots of poor decisions. Was behind goals so couldn't see penalty incident, but Cerny seemed irate at the decision. Great result that should boost our confidence no end.

Great result and on the the whole performance also. Their penalty,as expected, gave them a lift for a spell but we seen it out without too much hassle. No failures for me today. Thought Sammon,lawless and osman played well and woods was excellent but My motm was cargil. Guy looks the real deal from what I have seen so far.(granted its only been 2games). Also special mention for Edwards who was outstanding when he came on. Not just assisting sammon and scoring a very good goal himself but he worked his socks off and made a real difference. Looking at the team and bench today Archie's going to have a real headache about who to leave out if we keep the recent good results/performances going.

Fantastic result and well deserved. On top of a very strong starting line up the bench was as good as we have had for a long time.

Those doubting that the injuries where a factor in the early season should compare that bench today with what we have had to date.

Lets hope this is the start of a strong second half to the season and in the short term a long awaited win at Firpark next week awaits.

I said this in another thread, we seem for the first time in a few years to have genuine alternatives to Doolan for goals. Sammon obviously, but earlier in the season Erskine and Spittal had decent goal scoring runs. I have a feeling too that Storey will grab a handful before the end of season.

I said to a mate after the Celtic game that I'd like to see Osman and Woods play together and it happens today. Do they look a good combination?

Probably the best all round performance I've see from a athistle side in the last couple of years. Not a single,failure on the park and both defence and midfield looked solid today. Perhaps the most important thing about today was the complete absence of meaningless and hopeful punts up the par. This allowed more of our passing style (remember that?) to come to the fore.

All in all, a great day for being a Jags fan.

• Like 1

Brilliant performance today across the team.

The ref was one of the worst I have ever seen - he generally officiates in the lower leagues and must have won a competition to get a shot in the SPFL. I’ve no idea about the penalty but he gave us nothing all day and seemed determined to be the centre of attention.

Had a wee chuckle to myself walking back to the car listening to a group of Saints fans complaining about Cerny’s outrageous time wasting - what goes around, comes around chaps

I thought he was excellent again. I think he may have been Archie’s most important signing to date as he really solidified the midfield when we were struggling in November and helped us gather some crucial points

:thumbsup2:

Thanks for that - in the games I've seen since he signed he's had a visible influence.

With every respect to Adam and Ryan, Abdul and Martin are a serious cut above as defensive midfielders in my opinion.

• Like 1

I thought he was excellent again. I think he may have been Archie’s most important signing to date as he really solidified the midfield when we were struggling in November and helped us gather some crucial points

Without question the signing of the season, which in itself is quite disappointing as we seemed to have made some really good signings in the summer.

Reality is no point having a great forward line if you can't service them or support the defence. Woods has just brought a level of professionalism in the central area that was missing as we relied on square pegs and Barton who simply isn't reliable as he all too often lapses in concentration.

Hopefully he stays fit it could be the difference between a solid end to the season or flirting with the play offs.

• Like 2