Motherwell On Saturday

thebiglemon

absolutely, had the privilege of attending our last win there a long time ago and have had a lot of disappointments since however never felt more confident, practically full sqaud at our disposal and Motherwell weakened since our last meeting when we overan them first half. Another 3-1 away win :)

Edited by elevenone
  • Like 1

Back to 3 at the back to deal with their more aggressive tactics? Having our wing backs competing helps us be more attacking with this and Barton as sweeper can bring ball out while having defensive cover.

Motherwell dismantled that formation last time at Fir park quite easily - different and better personnel for us tomorrow though.

Back to 3 at the back to deal with their more aggressive tactics? Having our wing backs competing helps us be more attacking with this and Barton as sweeper can bring ball out while having defensive cover.

I'll stick with same team as at Perth. Only change maybe Erskine who is not fit - put Edwards on from the start.

I find Motherwell an extremely dirty team.

They showed against Hibs midweek that they're still doing that dangerous shove on a player who jumps for a header.

The ref caught on towards the end.

They should be hammered for that.

Anyway, more of the same Jags.

Quick passing to the runners and some good cut backs to the striker.

3-2 Thistle.

Can we do something about our frankly dire record at Fir Park?? Anyone going to this probably needs professional help.

I remember at fir park when wee Colin McGlashin out jumped the giant dutch keeper seib dijkstra and we won 3-2, afer been 2nil down. Think Willie Jamieson and Ian Cammeron also scored that day.

Edited by Big Wull

I remember at fir park when wee Colin McGlashin out jumped the giant dutch keeper seib dijkstra and we won 3-2, afer been 2nil down. Think Willie Jamieson and Ian Cammeron also scored that day.

Was there too. The opening of the Motorolla Stand I think.

Massive Jags support. A great game.

Think Lambie changed things around second half and Davie Irons had a stormer.

Erskine was played thru the middle. Far from certain Spittal should be deployed there. Could of course play Blair out right and play Wee Stevie central.

I'm afraid my view on Spittal is like so many players in Scotland he flatters to deceive. I frankly wouldn't trust himin that position. Would love to be proved wrong though.

Spittal can be a bit in and out of a game,but I feel his direct free kicks in particular can be very good,in fact if my memory is correct it was one of his free kicks that got us started at Firhill against Motherwell.Also feel Storey could be an important player,read after the Hibs game that the Motherwell defence couldn't cope with Boyles pace.

We got the 'no away win so far this season' monkey off our backs last week. Tomorrow, I fully expect us to lay the 'not beaten Well at their midden for ages' ghost to rest.

Great for Archie to have so many fit players to choose from again.

Mon Thistle, let's get the job done. Up the table we go.

Jags r us.

• Like 2