Dundee 17/2/18

Auld Jag

Playing really well with both Erskine and Storey in their different ways creating threats. At times could move the ball a little faster in attack. Muzzy getting back to his old self and receiving the ball in great positions far up the pitch. Not always made best use of the space he has been given, but then again his cross led to the goal.

The manager, and the squad he has assembled do not have the requisite bottle to get us out of a relegation scrap. Utterly fed up with this season. The manager time and time again has shown his game-management skills to be lacking. Can't wait for this season to be over, and for some fresh energy to be injected into this stagnant club, both on the field and off it. And I really don't care how many people are triggered by my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

The manager, and the squad he has assembled do not have the requisite bottle to get us out of a relegation scrap. Utterly fed up with this season. The manager time and time again has shown his game-management skills to be lacking. Can't wait for this season to be over, and for some fresh energy to be injected into this stagnant club, both on the field and off it. And I really don't care how many people are triggered by my opinion. 

Brilliant first half but ran out of steam in the second. Dundee seemed to have much more energy late on. Should’ve been two up as Erskine made and then missed a golden chance. Think Murray and caulker may be enough to lift them clear of danger. Sadly going to have to listen to that wee nyaff McCann for a bit longer. 

26 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

...Get a fitness coach in!

19 minutes ago, ironfist said:

Brilliant first half but ran out of steam in the second. Dundee seemed to have much more energy late on....

5 minutes ago, scotty said:

That result was coming right from the second half kick-off.

The team cannot play 90 minutes, and the cause is physical. Like our record of long-term injuries and injuries just after apparently recovering, the overall physical conditioning is dreadful. Our midfield was gone for much of the second half, allowing Dundee to run past them. We've seen it over and over again this season. A less patient manager would show the physical conditioning team the results of their efforts and ask for an explanation, on pain of being shown the door.

• Thanks 1

that was a disgraceful 2nd half. The contribution of osman which lead to the first goal, who was clearly ******, was shocking. It was coming and murray should have scored long before he did. Where was McCarthy today? There was only one winner in the 2nd half. Someone said our ball retention in the first half was good, second half was unbelievably poor. Oh dear. Weve had a few capitulations in recent memory but that wis worse than rangers last season, only because dundee were shite

If I were Neil McCann my half time team talk would be as follows

get at them and run right through them especially in the last 10 minutes because they will drop deep and hang right of you

when we scored we had 6 minutes left of the first half and we had two great breaks and opted to pass back and keep the ball to see the half out.

In the second we didn't turn up and dropped far too deep.

substitutes criminal

if this continues let's all say hello to the championship