Thistle vs Aberdeen - Game On

jagfox

Mon Thistle. Let's prove the anti-Thistle mob on this forum wrong. 

How some people can get themselves stimulated by relentlessly mocking our club just shreds my faith in humanity, or at least certain dire  sections of it.

Ok, half time now and The Jags level. That won't half piss off the Thistle haters.

We Are Thistle - now, then, forever and ever!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Blackpool Jags said:

How some people can get themselves stimulated by relentlessly mocking our club just shreds my faith in humanity, or at least certain dire  sections of it.

Ok, half time now and The Jags level. That won't half piss off the Thistle haters.

Your contributions are normally well thought out and articulate, Blackpool Jags.

With that in mind, I hope the above post is an aberration.

Edited by Barney Rubble

2 hours ago, Blackpool Jags said:

A rather pointless post there. You just wasted your effort on load of nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Everyone of us is behind the Jags, without question. That's why we are Jags fans after all.

Exactly Barney. I am very critical of Thistle this season as we all mostly agreed that this was the best squad we have had in years. So what has gone wrong? Indeed the injury lists have been horrendous, but Archie didn't properly address the area we needed to. The midfield. He saw that once the injuries cleared up we would be all right. That hasn't worked out like that. And the last two defeats have been absolute sickeners. We are just utterly exasperated at why we seem to lack a mental toughness. Hopefully today we are wisening up. Regards the missing players, Osman, Keown and Dumbaya today. Are they all injured?

A good point from a grim game.Can't fault the effort and great to see Elliot back. We need this gritty type of  performance every week now  .  Dundee look more like the team to catch now and as if they are imploding. The late goals conceded against them could be massive

• Like 1

Absolutely terrible conditions. Swirling wind and heavy rain for the vast majority of the game.

Disgusting officiating. Linesmen not allowed to make a decision, only there to wave the flag for the ref. Ref made some terrible decisions.

What a difference having Elliott back. A player so often dismissed and rubished by a section of fans. He was incredible. To put in that level of performance for 90 minutes on his first game back is a credit to him. Solid in every tackle. 

Booth on the opposite side was poor. Him and storey, going forward are very similar. Run 50 yards past 3 men then as soon as they find the space they don't know what to do.

Cargill and Devine did well, Devine still prone to the odd calamity. 

But as a back 4 they looked a lot more solid.

In the middle both woods & McCarthy ran and ran until they were dead on their feet! Fantastic from both of them.

But it was In front of them where I thought we let ourselves down. No movement at all. Erskine started off great but had to sacrifice being so attacking to support the DM's. Lawless yet again flaters to deceive. Storey is bloody frustrating, so much energy and enthusiasm  but no real end product. Whilst Sammon had a quiet game he is a fantastic out ball when you're in a scrap. On current form and where we find ourselves, I'd imagine he's going to start every game.

Subs were spot on. Game was crying out for Edwards, just surprised Erskine went off before Lawless who did nothing other than fall over all day.

All in All, a great point against one of the best teams in the league, regardless of how poor they were. They are cute when it comes to fouls and falling over, and seem to have the ear of the Refs. 

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 1

Good point, solid display. Great to see Christie back- he has been missed. Thought Erskine was fouled by Christie when clean through but not given by a ref who was poor all day. Hopefully the players will take confidence from this for the next few games. Sounded like Dundee got a doing today - hopefully that will continue!

A good point, earned through a battling performance. Christie Elliot was absolutely phenomenal considering how long he's been out injured. He charged up and down that right flank all afternoon and put in some absolutely vital challenges. The back line as a whole looked more composed and restricted Aberdeen to a only handful of chances, one of which drew a brilliant save from Tomas. Woods and McCarthy both had good games, to the extent that even Osman's absence wasn't as keenly felt as I had initially feared. Woods was generally tidy in possession, even if he visibly wilted at around the hour mark, whereas McCarthy seemed to grow into the game and had a particularly good second half. I also thought Erskine was having a decent game but lost his way after the break. Indeed, only Lawless and Storey put in below par performances, and even then there was no doubting their work-rate. Storey was really quiet in the first half, whereas in the second, where he was seeing more of the ball and had several chances to run at their right-back, it was too obvious what going to do - namely, cut inside. Lawless just had one of those games where nothing was going his way. 

So, all-in, plenty of positives and a point that most of us would have taken before the game.

We never looked like winning this game but we never looked like losing it either.A very good all round team performance.Thought Christie should have been sent off for his foul on Erskine.A foul that wasn't even given.A good point normally but after our 2 last minute defeats I felt we had to win.We now need to keep picking up points in the remaining games before the split.