Archie out - Now or Never.

stuart_adam

Just now, Garscube Road End said:

It's only 1 game!

It's not one game. Our last 4 matches against Championship sides have ended in losses. Livi: 1-2, 0-1. Ayr: 0-2, 0-2. Then look back at how shambolic the past 18 months have been, 

Until the fans truly start voting with their feet, this will go on. I spent close to £1000 last season on season ticket, travel, and away games, and got zero enjoyment from any of it. I won't be back at Firhill until positive changes are made. 

Just now, Garscube Road End said:

It's only 1 game!

1 game? What do we completely write off last season? Its the same manager and same background staff. The same football and same lack of cutting edge. If anything we have went backwards again since last season... If people want to stick with him then so be it, but I honestly do not think Thistle will achieve anything and we can't even score...

We certainly will not go back up

Yea you're right, it is only one game.  We were very unlucky to be relegated; we just hit Livi on a couple of their good days, Archie's tactical nous came up just short, and we were just pipped by other teams in the last few transfer market windows. However this season all that will change, you only have to listen to Gerry Britton's "massively" optimistic take on events and our prospects to believe that.  Onwards and downwards!

Edited by eljaggo

I am in know way at all sticking up for our management, as I agree that our record since we got top 6 has been terrible.But since  our management team survived getting us relegated I do not see them being sacked or walking away anytime soon. I do not see how anyone who has any  connection to Thistle is not concerned by our form over the last 16months.It has not been a gradual decline but a dramatic fall which shows no sign of being halted.

26 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I am in know way at all sticking up for our management, as I agree that our record since we got top 6 has been terrible.But since  our management team survived getting us relegated I do not see them being sacked or walking away anytime soon. I do not see how anyone who has any  connection to Thistle is not concerned by our form over the last 16months.It has not been a gradual decline but a dramatic fall which shows no sign of being halted.

AJ  always respected your views and opinions however it just can't go on like this

was at the game today and last saturday and my favorite player of all time time Mr Jackie Campbell was making the half time draw

and i thought back those days when we were the only team in Glasgow

john lambie  and davie mcparland passing this year these gentlemen were legends for the harry wraggs

as i've said on other postings archie and scott were great players for us however

the time has come for us as a team and supporters to now  move on

we can and should move on as a team its been great while it lasted  but all things must end

and i firmly believe now is the time

33 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

AJ  always respected your views and opinions however it just can't go on like this

was at the game today and last saturday and my favorite player of all time time Mr Jackie Campbell was making the half time draw

and i thought back those days when we were the only team in Glasgow

john lambie  and davie mcparland passing this year these gentlemen were legends for the harry wraggs

as i've said on other postings archie and scott were great players for us however

the time has come for us as a team and supporters to now  move on

we can and should move on as a team its been great while it lasted  but all things must end

and i firmly believe now is the time

As I have said before wasn't at the game last week because of recovering from hernia op,but I hope to be back next week.WW I agree that our results have been terrible over the past 16months.I just think that now our board has backed our management team to get us back up they will not sack them anytime soon.I said in a thread last week we would probably give Archie until December to see how things are going,if it doesn't improve I would hope they do something a lot sooner than that.Agree wth you re Jackie Campbell.

Edited by Auld Jag

Starting too calm down a wee bit but still really hacked off.   

The most positive outlook is that it's just day 1 in the league, it surely can't get worse, there will be a generous pay-day against the sellick and  some fantastic new additions are imminent...…  However that might only be happening in a parallel universe.

4 hours ago, stuart_adam said:

Its time for Archie to go now 

Act now replace him and give us a fighting chance.

If they don't act now, we are inevitably stuck with this team under Archie and will continue to head towards relegation with same old excuses.

Shambles

with dwindling crowds. You're right on the money

I fear for Archie. Its no longer about him keeping his job, its about his reputation not being tarnished.

I think the board thought that with a new chief exec and new chairwoman that keeping the management team was a necessity for some form of stability. However if the only constant is Archie and the performances are consistently poor than it leaves only Archie to blame. He would have been better resigning in the summer as he most fans would have kept their respect for him and he would probably have got another championship club. Now he has almost nowhere to go.

We all know how this farce of a story ends. Archie doesn't have the ability or the know-how to get us promoted. His contract will expire at the end of the season, and the board will probably not renew it. But because they're too spineless to admit their mistakes, they'll make a statement something along the lines of of: "we offered Archibald a years extension to carry on all his good work, but he decided it was in the best interest of all involved to decline and let someone else take the ropes. We want to thank Archibald blah blah blah..." Then a new manager will come in, with limited resources because we spunked all the money on garbage this season, he will have diddies like McGinty still under contract, and he will be forced to essentially have another rebuild on his hands with less money, and Doolan and Erskine another year older. That will leave us all asking the question: "why didn't we just sack Archibald when we had the chance, so someone could actually put the resources to good use, and build a team for the future?" 

How does that sound? Think I'm in the ballpark. 

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

7 minutes ago, laukat said:

I fear for Archie. Its no longer about him keeping his job, its about his reputation not being tarnished.

I think the board thought that with a new chief exec and new chairwoman that keeping the management team was a necessity for some form of stability. However if the only constant is Archie and the performances are consistently poor than it leaves only Archie to blame. He would have been better resigning in the summer as he most fans would have kept their respect for him and he would probably have got another championship club. Now he has almost nowhere to go.

To be honest, I couldn't give a flying monkey's toss about Archibald and his future or his reputation. My concern is with PTFC. 

1 minute ago, Big Col said:

To be honest, I couldn't give a flying monkey's toss about Archibald and his future or his reputation. My concern is with PTFC. 

Agreed. Archie was quick enough to go to Dundee Utd when he and the rest seen the ship sinking under Collins.