Archie out - Now or Never.

stuart_adam

15 hours ago, javeajag said:

8 wins out of 48 league games .,. Pretty much says it all and explains why promotion this year was never on 

You can’t predict performance in tier 2 based on largely tier 1 results last season. It’s not even logical never mind sensible.

Archie isn't getting the bullet this week, or next.  The board made their decision to retain him, and it would pretty much amount to complete madness on their part to go back on that after 1 league game.  Who wants to work for a board with that sort of record, for not a great deal of money?

We all know what it looks like on the field, though.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandy said:

We all hate losing, but ffs it’s only the first league game of the season and Archie is still building a new team.

Let’s see how things are looking by Christmas when we will have played other teams at least once.

Agreed with yout sentiments last week sandy but it was the performance on saturday that has sickened me. Lamontesque. Clueless, not just for some of the game, all of it, well what i saw of it before i left. As paulo says archie won't get the sack this week or next or the one after that. But i fear for the club and what reputation he has within the club  and outwith for that matter.

Saturday will be interesting for a number of reasons, hope it's the football

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, sandy said:

We all hate losing, but ffs it’s only the first league game of the season and Archie is still building a new team.

Let’s see how things are looking by Christmas when we will have played other teams at least once.

Christmas, sandy.? Can you really see any team containing sean mcgi ty, Shea gordon, Blair spittal and, sadly on the evidence of this season so far, chris erskine and kris Doolan  being anywhere but near the foot of the table in 20 weeks time? having supported the jags for over 60 years I pray I am wrong but I can not see the management or the team  they have assembled having the wit or fight to halt this alarming decline

m

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandy said:

Normally that would be a 100% logical and reasonable statement to make. 

But when viewed in the wider context it's clear that it's just a continuation of all of last seasons failings (and the last six games of the previous season too). 

It's deja vu - the only difference being the players that are eventually signed are even worse than in previous seasons (O'Ware and Bell, and maybe Slater, excepted) and players we could rely on before are now past it. 

I can't see where our next goal is coming from, let alone our next win. Any team that finishes below us must be really, really poor. 

Was at a family do yesterday and the majority of them are Falkirk fans. They feel they are the worst managed club, clueless manager, rank rotten signings etc etc. My one Dundee United supporting friend echoes all these comments about their set up. Only difference being both Falkirk and United have signed teams worth of players with no noticeable improvement - actually a decline if my contacts are to be believed. Saturday will be a huge test - two teams perceived by their own supporters to be badly managed, players with no skill, passion or direction. Then the next league match is away to United. If we lose those two games then it's time to act (in reality that point passed months ago) because Falkirk and United are at our end of the spectrum and should be there for the taking - but luckily for them they get to play us.

1 hour ago, Jaggydave said:

Was at a family do yesterday and the majority of them are Falkirk fans. They feel they are the worst managed club, clueless manager, rank rotten signings etc etc. My one Dundee United supporting friend echoes all these comments about their set up. Only difference being both Falkirk and United have signed teams worth of players with no noticeable improvement - actually a decline if my contacts are to be believed. Saturday will be a huge test - two teams perceived by their own supporters to be badly managed, players with no skill, passion or direction. Then the next league match is away to United. If we lose those two games then it's time to act (in reality that point passed months ago) because Falkirk and United are at our end of the spectrum and should be there for the taking - but luckily for them they get to play us.

I spoke to a Falkirk fan today and your post is all spot on. It's all very worrying indeed!

4 hours ago, sandy said:

That's what people said last season. And look what happened. 5 games this season and it's apparent nothing has changed.

I don't understand this love in with Archibald some people have.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, javeajag said:

I suspect we have to finish bittom of league 3 before dome people accept we are not doing well.... does Archie have a pee pee  tape ?! 

And likewise, I suspect we could go on an unbeaten run til Christmas, get beat twice in January and the same faces would be back demanding he be sacked.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, potty trained said:

And likewise, I suspect we could go on an unbeaten run til Christmas, get beat twice in January and the same faces would be back demanding he be sacked.

Based on what we've seen I'd suspect we will be doing well to score in half the games between now and Christmas never mind go on an incredible unbeaten run. Fingers crossed PT but its more than luck we need

5 hours ago, potty trained said:

Based on 8 league wins out of 48 not very likely .....don’t dream it’s over 

2 hours ago, potty trained said:

Considering you had is being relegated to the imaginary league 3, I can at least say my hopes and based on something physically possible.

Nice but not true I said it would take that before some people would realise we need to change the manager ... your hopes though are not  based on performances or statistics 

Unfortunately on any scale of how football realistically works, I can't see that he has too long to turn it around. The evidence over the last 18 months is pretty damning. I think a change after one league game would be pretty outrageous, but a change after four or five, if things didn't improve, would not be.

Edited by allyo

I said to a few mates at the game he has 6 games max to turn this round. He has had a fair crack of the whip. As most have said we are clearly going backwards. If it becomes even more obvioua we are not even good enough for the play offs he has to be replaced. With our resources that is a reasonable expectation.