Andréa Mbuyi-Mutombo New Signing

elevenone

6 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Unrelated point. Getting a little tired of leading questions in JagZone interviews. There were two in particular to Andrea regarding Alan Archibald and about squad unity. Ask an open question rather than trying to draw out an answer to suit a particular agenda!

Spot on.  It's more scripted than North Korean National TV.

New signings are continuously being asked to state that the dressing room is the best they've ever been in. 

What exactly are they meant to say???

Firstly, how do they know having just walked in the door and, secondly, who cares? Maybe if the players told each other a few home truths then we'd still be in the 'Prem'.

14 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

What we need are proven players at this level if we want to make a promotion push , ie proven goal scorer to help Doolan , defensive midfielder to free up Shea Gordon who is getting played out of position.

Shea Gordon had his best game for us on Saturday. That coincided with him being moved further back. I read somewhere that a member of the Motherwell coaching staff attended the game at Ayr and opined that he was playing too far forward.

8 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

Yes that's generally the way it tends to work.

If you want to respond to a post I made, then why don't you include all of the text I made. Rather than cherry pick to suit your own agenda to make what you think is a smart reply, when in fact it just makes you look silly.

What do folk want new signings to say on a Club Site?

" I have never heard of Partick, I am mediocre at best so I am surprised that any Club has shown an interest couple this with the fact that I have had a couple of injuries over the years.  What is that big mound thing at the end of the ground?"

Its like TV advertising, the content is controlled by the Club.

Lets give the new signings a chance before we start slagging them off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

Shea Gordon had his best game for us on Saturday. That coincided with him being moved further back. I read somewhere that a member of the Motherwell coaching staff attended the game at Ayr and opined that he was playing too far forward.

You do realise, DP, that our naysayers will interpret that as Archie's now so clueless he's using a Motherwell underling to tell him where to deploy his players.

:)

11 hours ago, javeajag said:

Maybe we should worry about your ability to read 

I actually said I hoped he was good but that the club description of him as a striker was buzarre  ie 7 career goals at age 28

pay attention 

..and move to a front desk where I can keep an eye on you!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Big Dan said:

What do folk want new signings to say on a Club Site?

" I have never heard of Partick, I am mediocre at best so I am surprised that any Club has shown an interest couple this with the fact that I have had a couple of injuries over the years.  What is that big mound thing at the end of the ground?"

Its like TV advertising, the content is controlled by the Club.

Lets give the new signings a chance before we start slagging them off.

I don't see anybody on here slagging off any new signing in relation to their answers on the club's tv!!

I think he looks like a really entertaining player going by the YouTube vids. Seems to like a mazy run and is not scared of the ball. Definitely think opposing teams will have to think about how to deal with him and that might give some of the other creative players more space. I also expect that he'll play as an attacking midfielder and we'll now see more of Storey playing up front.

Hope our form and position in the league means that he has the freedom to play and that he has a great season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Auld Jag said:

I know there is a lot of disappointment and frustration on how our signings have went this season,but lets give the guy a chance to show what he can do.He is now a Thistle player,lets give him the support we give to Thistle players.

Hear hear AJ. Let’s judge him after at least 6 games.

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

I know there is a lot of disappointment and frustration on how our signings have went this season,but lets give the guy a chance to show what he can do.He is now a Thistle player,lets give him the support we give to Thistle players.

Yep, no point in looking for a scapegoat before he’s even played a game! 

God, we WON on Saturday & this forum still ridiculously negative.

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

i’m new to the forum but been jags fan for 50yrs, it’s time to get behind this team and stop the negativity, if the performances/results haven’t improved by January then by all means let rip with your displeasure, as for now positive SUPPORT is what we need.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jc56 said:

Hello everyone,

i’m new to the forum but been jags fan for 50yrs, it’s time to get behind this team and stop the negativity, if the performances/results haven’t improved by January then by all means let rip with your displeasure, as for now positive SUPPORT is what we need.

Did we all not say just that at the start of last season?

Yep, looks like Agents unloading their mince..................Who is it the agents go to to unload their unwanted, why no other than the Maryhill sucker himself. sure was he not sold the Brooklyn Bridge and the Empire state building.............................  I hope he's good for a goal because Archie knows is how to pass a ball to death..................Welcome to the Real Thistle...........

10 hours ago, sabbath said:

Yep, looks like Agents unloading their mince..................Who is it the agents go to to unload their unwanted, why no other than the Maryhill sucker himself. sure was he not sold the Brooklyn Bridge and the Empire state building.............................  I hope he's good for a goal because Archie knows is how to pass a ball to death..................Welcome to the Real Thistle...........

Clyde would love to have you as their fan. We’ll give you a free transfer...