Home v Morton

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

Staggering however as Archie says that still no contact from SFA

To be fair to the SFA they've been busy for a day or so adjudicating on and ******* up the case of the sevco goalie kicking out at an opponent. They possibly haven't had time yet to abrogate their duties re the Firhill  officials.  

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

To be fair to the SFA they've been busy for a day or so adjudicating on and ******* up the case of the sevco goalie kicking out at an opponent. They possibly haven't had time yet to abrogate their duties re the Firhill  officials.  

Everybody makes  mistakes,but imo the ref should have been onto Firhill first thing Monday morning to apologise.They ask for respect you have to earn respect.

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, elevenone said:

Club paying Dools for goal bonus and like the all round good guy he is he is donating it to charity.  Staggering however as Archie says that still no contact from SFA or ref.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/jags-pay-out-on-dools-goal-bonus-but-await-explanation-on-decision/

I've written to the club asking how we can add a little to Kris's generous donation.

It might be quite cathartic to balance an obvious and annoying injustice with a statement of charitable giving.

Great example of Kris's professionalism and of the club working hard to get it right - :clapping:

Just a crazy decision. Can’t say I blame any Morton players - professionals use the rules to their advantage & at 1-0 they have a much better chance of getting a win bonus etc. Not saying it’s ‘sporting’, but sadly that particular strain of integrity in Scottish football went a long time ago...

4 hours ago, AlgarveJag said:

I've written to the club asking how we can add a little to Kris's generous donation.

It might be quite cathartic to balance an obvious and annoying injustice with a statement of charitable giving.

Great example of Kris's professionalism and of the club working hard to get it right - :clapping:

They collect outside the ground before every home game. 

Another thought - what if the Morton player had kicked it up the pitch instead of out, say near the half way line and the ball stays in play. Thistle players all at the JH stand ' celebrating' nearly scoring, ref doesn't stop game, Morton players realise ball is live and stroll up and score. That would have easily resulted in at least Erskine getting set off along with potential others as all hell breaks loose.

2 hours ago, Jaggydave said:

Another thought - what if the Morton player had kicked it up the pitch instead of out, say near the half way line and the ball stays in play. Thistle players all at the JH stand ' celebrating' nearly scoring, ref doesn't stop game, Morton players realise ball is live and stroll up and score. That would have easily resulted in at least Erskine getting sent off along with potential others as all hell breaks loose.

Still wouldn't have got as much airtime/press coverage as the foul on Ryan Jack.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, potty trained said:

They collect outside the ground before every home game. 

Thanks PT.

My intention was to link the donation to the event and I've had a reply from Gerry Britton who has now  set up a Just Giving page and fans are already contributing there.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ghostgoal

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Still wouldn't have got as much airtime/press coverage as the foul on Ryan Jack.

Yeah I noticed (and I don't pay attention to OF stuff but even I still noticed)  including demands for ref to be demoted.  And that for what seemed to me a 50-50 decision.  IMHO out of a hundred games 50 refs would give a foul for that and fifty wouldn't.   I see no retrospective punishment for Ferguson though it was a red card all day long.   That mob must wish the SFA were in charge of Glasgow Council.