ICT Away

Jaggernaut

7 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

I agree with GRE that we’ll do well to avoid the drop. We are shite. And have no heart.

But is the defence any worse than the attack? Doolan and Erskine are the only ones who don’t have a panic attack when confronted with a sight of the goals. And they are either off form or finished.

Fitzpatrick may not come into the panic attack category but he never gets a game.

I’d state if the defense was solid, our team would be more inclined to push forward rather than slowly meander forward, creating more chances 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

I’d state if the defense was solid, our team would be more inclined to push forward rather than slowly meander forward, creating more chances 

It's a bit chicken or egg but I've thought for sometime that our defenders have taken too much stick in relation to our attackers. When we do score a goal and are on top in a match our failure to add a second is as often as not clearly evident. Much as you're saying we pussyfoot about too much and tho' we maintain possession we lack any decisiveness and have little or no penetration. If the defenders/goalie controlled the ball out of defence, and at considerably more pace, they'd take pressure off themselves. Instead their ponderous play and/or their lumps up the bark inevitably invite more pressure and the inevitable errors.

We tend to remember individual defensive errors whereas we forget about large chunks of a game where we've been comfortably on top but with nothing to show for it. 

I’d rather see a 4-3 win than a 1-0 win any day.

I appreciate this attitude cost Keegan his job but we are in the Scottish 2nd tier. Get the ball forward, get Fitz and Quitongo(who could be an unbelievable signing) and Dools some ‘go forward’ ball.  Doubtful if we could play Erskine and these 3 but this would be interesting. 

Give Dools a sniff and he’ll score but he’s been starved of any decent delivery. 

If Banzo stays fit we have a chance to move from back to front quicker and more effectively.  

Weve decided to stick with Archie and I am desperate as all Jags fans are for him to turn it round. So it starts on Saturday, let’s get right into them and behind the team and manager. 

Or else!

• Like 1