Training Ground

scotty

Can't find the thread which had the discussion on this. Think it developed from some other topic, so I'll start a new one.

I see Three Black Cats are holding a public consultation in Kirkintilloch on 20th September, with a view to submitting a planning application later on in 2018. Has the timetable for the development slipped somewhat?

18 hours ago, scotty said:

Can't find the thread which had the discussion on this. Think it developed from some other topic, so I'll start a new one.

I see Three Black Cats are holding a public consultation in Kirkintilloch on 20th September, with a view to submitting a planning application later on in 2018. Has the timetable for the development slipped somewhat?

Where did you see about the meeting?

I recall early on when Ian Maxwell was still here he said that they would look to have the pitches in place first so it could be that by operational in July 2019 they are talking about the pitches and the other parts will follow on.

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Where did you see about the meeting?

I recall early on when Ian Maxwell was still here he said that they would look to have the pitches in place first so it could be that by operational in July 2019 they are talking about the pitches and the other parts will follow on.

Was posted on thistle fans facebook page. Reason I asked if things are behind is that I've no idea of timescales of planning applications.

Edited by scotty

12 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

So we don’t have planning permission yet?

That's correct.

The current position as I understand it is that the design is all done and the suppliers, contractors are all in place so it is just a case of waiting for the thumbs up from East Dunbartonshire Council and we will be good to go.

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

That's correct.

The current position as I understand it is that the design is all done and the suppliers, contractors are all in place so it is just a case of waiting for the thumbs up from East Dunbartonshire Council and we will be good to go.

So. in short, we're at the planning equivalent of 'subject to international clearance'??

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

That's correct.

Thats highly unlikely without Planning - more likely is they have a Design up to a certain Stage and a Contractor has given them budget costs based on this - after Planning they would need to go to detailed design then get finalized costing - also if Im reading correctly the Land is 26 Acres - a standard Football Pitch is 1.5 Acres  - that is  a lot of pitches - it will be interesting to see whats being proposed - why would you have Public Consultation for a Football Training Park - sounds odd ? 

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Thats highly unlikely without Planning - more likely is they have a Design up to a certain Stage and a Contractor has given them budget costs based on this - after Planning they would need to go to detailed design then get finalized costing - also if Im reading correctly the Land is 26 Acres - a standard Football Pitch is 1.5 Acres  - that is  a lot of pitches - it will be interesting to see whats being proposed - why would you have Public Consultation for a Football Training Park - sounds odd ? 

Happy to b corrected but I think the plans are for 2/3 all weather (4G) pitches and 1 grass one (for the 1st team) which are to be done first, then the changing facilities/offices/storage will follow. The thinking was get the training pitches done first, and use Firhill for changing/admin etc. short term. The area might be 26 acres but cat see us using the whole space up initially but there is room for expansion, which I guess could include some form of community facility to sweeten the deal with the council

The training ground will consists of 4 pitches (2 grass for 1st team, 2 artificial for academy), building (incl. changing, gym, canteen and other facilities), other artificial training areas, car park and access road.

The design is complete although a couple of planning issues remain outstanding. I understand that these relate to the site entrance and are easily sorted. This is not unusual for this type of project.

Facility is programmed to be in use June/July 2019, although there may still be some work still on-going to complete the project at that time.

3 hours ago, Wayfarer said:

Happy to b corrected but I think the plans are for 2/3 all weather (4G) pitches and 1 grass one (for the 1st team) which are to be done first, then the changing facilities/offices/storage will follow. The thinking was get the training pitches done first, and use Firhill for changing/admin etc. short term. The area might be 26 acres but cat see us using the whole space up initially but there is room for expansion, which I guess could include some form of community facility to sweeten the deal with the council

Just get changed at the Leisuredrome and run them along the canal to the training ground :thumbsup2: Or for those fading in tbe latter stages of games, full run along the canal from Firhill :head_ball:

23 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

If there is anyone that knows what is normal in planning applications. Is it normal to get planning permission on land/property that you dont own ?

You can't get permission to do anything on something you don't own but you might make detailed enquiries to ensure that nothing obvious stands in the way and the land can be zoned for the type of use and buildings that you intend to put there.  You might enter into a contract of purchase that is subject to planning approval once due diligence has been performed by all parties.

I'm sure the Three Black Cats and Partick Thistle are aware of the procedure.

32 minutes ago, AlgarveJag said:

You can't get permission to do anything on something you don't own but you might make detailed enquiries to ensure that nothing obvious stands in the way and the land can be zoned for the type of use and buildings that you intend to put there.  You might enter into a contract of purchase that is subject to planning approval once due diligence has been performed by all parties.

Cheers AJ.

6 hours ago, AlgarveJag said:

Pretty sure you can get planning permission for a property you do not own, though of course it is then up to you to secure the control  of the land you need to be able to carry the project forward. As you rightly say, a purchase contract would normally be suspensively conditional on planning permission being obtained. The granting of planning permission on terms satisfactory to the purchaser would fulfil the condition and trigger completion of the purchase within a specified timescale. But it would only be on completion that title/ownership would pass, so at the point of obtaining planning permission you would not yet be owner.

Although I am not a planning expert, my understanding is that there is now so much pre-consultation between applicant and local authority, that a formal planning application is not submitted until the applicant is virtually certain that it is going to be accepted.

I agree with you that TBC and PTFC will be taking all the right advice and will not need you, me or anyone else to tell them how to go about it!

• Like 1

Can't see there being too many objections to this, I mean being next to a derelict sewage works, is probably better than being next to an active sewage works , and a football training ground is better than either. Still you can never tell for sure, it may be a problem for someone or other. Looks like awkward site to redevelop though, those old processing plants are more complex, heavily engineered and deep rooted than they first appear. The land may have been a knock down price, but the redevelopment certainly wont be.

1 hour ago, AndyMac said:

Can't see there being too many objections to this, I mean being next to a derelict sewage works, is probably better than being next to an active sewage works , and a football training ground is better than either. Still you can never tell for sure, it may be a problem for someone or other. Looks like awkward site to redevelop though, those old processing plants are more complex, heavily engineered and deep rooted than they first appear. The land may have been a knock down price, but the redevelopment certainly wont be.

I know folk who live in the houses looking on to this area and they were expecting Cala to be building on it. Seems like Cala were trying to get planningfor houses on the old sewage works and the water treatment plant near the Liesuredrome in Bishopbriggs. They have got permission in Bishopbriggs so I guess the council only allowed them one development.

• Thanks 1