Training Ground

scotty

3 hours ago, 1 John Lambie said:

Yes, club have advised the PTFC Trust update will now be posted on Wednesday.

So the board gets to see the trust updates before they are uploaded and as the board also have trustee board members Im assuming they are agreed in advance - i know your trying to do your best - but for the trust to have credibility it has to be a stand alone organisation - eg getting to write its own constitution - all trustees elected - no club influence on any level 

thats the format for all trusts in the country apart from Partick Thistle 

• Like 1

I have not yet heard back from Pauline Graham, the Chair of the Trust, who said she would ask the PTFC Board after last Wednesday's Board meeting the reasons why the Trust has no seat on the PTFC board - despite being the largest shareholder by far. 

The Club has very recently updated its online shareholding data, and this shows that among the directors of Partick Thistle Football Club, Brian Donald with 400 A shares is the only director to own shares in the Club.

Director Ian Dodd owns no shares in the Club, but has shares in Firhill Developments Ltd (Propco) and is a director of that company.

If Colin Weir was serious about giving  the fans a bigger say in the running of the Club, he needs to block any attempt (via Low) to stop the Fans Trustees on the PTFC Trust voting a resolution to gain at least one seat on the Board.  Allowing the PTFC Trustees the chance to talk to the Club directors after their Board meetings is condescending and unacceptable and should be rejected by the Trust, who will soon have 7 fans trustees and 3 Club trustees.  Jacqui Low retires from the Trust in May this year.

There apparently has been virtually no involvement by the Jags Trust, who own over 5% of  PTFC shares, and they should be taking a much more active role in helping fans to have a stronger say in the future of Partick Thistle Football  Club.

We have our difficulties on the pitch, but I think as fans we look at the bigger picture, which may be more important for the future of the Club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eljaggo said:

I have not yet heard back from Pauline Graham, the Chair of the Trust, who said she would ask the PTFC Board after last Wednesday's Board meeting the reasons why the Trust has no seat on the PTFC board - despite being the largest shareholder by far. 

The Club has very recently updated its online shareholding data, and this shows that among the directors of Partick Thistle Football Club, Brian Donald with 400 A shares is the only director to own shares in the Club.

Director Ian Dodd owns no shares in the Club, but has shares in Firhill Developments Ltd (Propco) and is a director of that company.

If Colin Weir was serious about giving  the fans a bigger say in the running of the Club, he needs to block any attempt (via Low) to stop the Fans Trustees on the PTFC Trust voting a resolution to gain at least one seat on the Board.  Allowing the PTFC Trustees the chance to talk to the Club directors after their Board meetings is condescending and unacceptable and should be rejected by the Trust, who will soon have 7 fans trustees and 3 Club trustees.  Jacqui Low retires from the Trust in May this year.

There apparently has been virtually no involvement by the Jags Trust, who own over 5% of  PTFC shares, and they should be taking a much more active role in helping fans to have a stronger say in the future of Partick Thistle Football  Club.

We have our difficulties on the pitch, but I think as fans we look at the bigger picture, which may be more important for the future of the Club.

Thanks for this. Not great that you’ve had no reply given we have been encouraged to engage etc., but I am loathe to criticise as aware people juggle their Trust commitments with their day jobs, so hopefully you get that update soon. 

Given what you’ve outlined it’s absolutely essential that the Trust push for this, in my view. I can literally see no reason why it shouldn’t, and also no reason why the club would push back against it if it’s serious about fan involvement. 

3 hours ago, eljaggo said:

100% agree - plus I have no idea why there are three Club Trustees on the Supporters Trust - the whole point is that its separate from the Club - decisions have to be made by Fans without influence - Plus Im assuming the Club wrote the constitution - again that has to be separate  & voted upon by the Trust Membership       

I would like to see the Old Trust & the New Trust merged as an independent body  

As a Starter the New Trust should have its own website away from the Club   

Im not getting at the Trustees -but they have to see that to have credibility they have to be separate from the Club 

• Like 2

eljaggo, your point will be covered in the PTFC Trust update that will be on the website tomorrow. This was to go up on Monday but it is the club's website & they have comms plans, which are fluid considering it is during the transfer window. I believe Pauline has been very responsive to all of your queries recently & it is great that you are taking such an interest in the Trust.

JJ, what are you asking for, is that not what the Jags Trust has? I don't think I have ever been a member so I am not criticising the Jags Trust at all but I would imagine they have their own written constitution, they've held elections in the past, yet they have little credibility or influence with the supporters (based on widespread opinion) or the club (based on little interaction taking place between the 2, as far as I am aware). End of the day, that mechanism for fan engagement has failed & maybe it's time to try a new approach.

Please come & chat to the Trustees at a home/away game, or at the next open meeting with supporters, or my seat is HH110. I am happy to answer questions on this forum but more in depth debates I would rather not have over a keyboard, the Trustees are making every effort to be visible to supporters. Disappointingly, we have only had 1 person approach us at Firhill over the past 2 games.

That offer is open to anyone & I am sure the rest of the supporters trustees feel the same way.

Andrew - whilst Im sure the people involved are doing there best - the simple fact is that the New Trust isnt independant of the Club and has Club Trustees - that then means the shares gifted by the Weirs are not controlled by the Fans

ive asked who wrote the constitution - when was it agreed by the members 

as for the old trust failing your correct - however what makes you think this one is working ? 

There is an opportunity to merge both Trusts and give the Fans a major say on the running of the Club 

if your going to have credibility there needs to be clear blue water between the Trust and the Club 

the current directors have little or no shares - the Fans have 25% of the Shareholding but zero influence - that has to change 

I will wait to see the report on the meeting with the Board as there are a lot of important issues at stake 

I see the update states there is a delay at the council, but the councils site states it was decided in September and no more applications are against that location since

Planning refererence is TP/ED/18/0602. 

Stating

http://planning.eastdunbarton.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

46 minutes ago, javeajag said:

So training ground ... no change , still committed to it going ahead but delay at the Council end

how can that be true ?

someone heard it had been cancelled 

another poster said the ground was contaminated 

it was now over £7m

Etc etc 

kers invent some more stories ....

According to east Dumbartonshires web site, there is no outstanding planning application for that location, last one is the one in the link

http://planning.eastdunbarton.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

31 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

According to east Dumbartonshires web site, there is no outstanding planning application for that location, last one is the one in the link

I am not an expert so could it be a situation where the council have advised Three Black Cats about some issue and therefore it is not worth submitting an application until that has been resolved?

10 minutes ago, javeajag said:

That settles it .... it’s off ! 

The club stated (In their own word) “The club reported that Three Black Cats has advised there is potentially a planning delay at the council’s end and will update shortly.”  There seems no planning application currently pending with the council for that site

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

The club stated (In their own word) “The club reported that Three Black Cats has advised there is potentially a planning delay at the council’s end and will update shortly.”  There seems no planning application currently pending with the council for that site

If you do a search on EDC web site a planning application was submitted on 21st August last year and a decision (closed) was taken on 11th September. I haven't a clue what that means but the permission seems to expire on 11/09/23.

Maybe someone in the know about planning can help?

35 minutes ago, scotty said:

If you do a search on EDC web site a planning application was submitted on 21st August last year and a decision (closed) was taken on 11th September. I haven't a clue what that means but the permission seems to expire on 11/09/23.

There is planning permission to build a Sports Ground in line with our P

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

That settles it .... it’s off ! 

No - but its gone from - ready for start of next Season -before Xmas 

to - planning submission end of January

To - we have a problem with planning 

Next step - well lets wait and see shall we ? 

but I would have liked to have seen them make a more comprehensive statement given previous hype that is definately going ahead -as stated previously 

so the increased cost rumour to £7mn -still isnt ruled out -nor the 4G pitches at Firhill Rumour 

2 hours ago, scotty said:

It is a Proposal of Application notice which precedes the actual planning application. In the intervening period you do the public consultation etc.  ( Caveat : info obtained via Google so the above could be nonsense ... )

7 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

It is a Proposal of Application notice which precedes the actual planning application. In the intervening period you do the public consultation etc.  ( Caveat : info obtained via Google so the above could be nonsense ... )

It was a change of use application which was submitted and passed by the Council 

Having been down the road in dealing with a planning application with East Dunbartonshire council and knowing the time it takes with all the red tape that goes with it , I’ll be highly surprised if this happens and is ready to go for June/July .

Almost impossible and probably the least of our concerns just now .

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Having been down the road in dealing with a planning application with East Dunbartonshire council and knowing the time it takes with all the red tape that goes with it , I’ll be highly surprised if this happens and is ready to go for June/July .

Almost impossible and probably the least of our concerns just now .

Actually the Training Ground is important - its important because when we were tanking on the Park it was sold as a major development to the Fans - when questions were asked on numerous occasions - we are told not to worry its all in hand - when rumours surface it may have financial issues or even might not go ahead - the Fans asked questions - which the Trust raised with the Board - nothing from the Club until questions are asked 

- now we find "its not fine" so Im sorry but its not the least of our problems - physically Yes - its not important on any level - never really was - but from a management perspective - if this doesn't go ahead - I would say its reflective of a lot of things we are facing on multi levels  - so its not getting dismissed or kicked into the long grass and all Planning is open to the Public so lets see where we end up 

And Im hoping the Trust starts asking searching questions ..... ( on lots of levels) 

5 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Actually the Training Ground is important - its important because when we were tanking on the Park it was sold as a major development to the Fans - when questions were asked on numerous occasions - we are told not to worry its all in hand - when rumours surface it may have financial issues or even might not go ahead - the Fans asked questions - which the Trust raised with the Board - nothing from the Club until questions are asked 

- now we find "its not fine" so Im sorry but its not the least of our problems - physically Yes - its not important on any level - never really was - but from a management perspective - if this doesn't go ahead - I would say its reflective of a lot of things we are facing on multi levels  - so its not getting dismissed or kicked into the long grass and all Planning is open to the Public so lets see where we end up 

And Im hoping the Trust starts asking searching questions ..... ( on lots of levels) 

Your points are valid , I’ve no idea what’s going on , maybe the Three Black Cats are looking at it from a financial perspective, possibly went over budget ? at the time it was announced maybe they thought we would be a Premier League Club with a bit more financial clout and that’s maybe a pertinent reason as well .

The reality is just now , getting relegated would be an absolute disaster for our Club and the Turnover would once again drop , the figures would roughly translate going from £4 million to £1.5 million in 2 years , it would be hard for any business to sustain any meaningful infrastructure in these circumstances .

Hopefully The Trust can get within in the inner sanctum of what’s going on at our football club but I think Jaquie Lowe might need to do spin some more tales re the Training Ground .