Dunfermline away.

Garscube Road End

16 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Do we go with the same side? Going by comments on here and elsewhere Ntambwe could be a liability. Put Penrice in with Bannigan and Melbourne at lwb?

Drawback to that would be two left sided players in centre mid. Might be the better option. Could also go to three at the back with Penrice in the middle. Melbourne looks useful going forward and it would also take the defensive strain of Christie, who i still maintain had one of his better attacking games on Saturday.

My main worry in centre mid would be whether Storer or Brice can do the physical things proficiently like breaking up play. And, if they can, be able to carry a yellow card for any length of time without becoming a liability. One replacing the other is a likely scenario but that's largely a negative substitution. Also don't really want to see Banzo having to do too much defending. He's never been the cleanest of tacklers but beside that he's far more important to us doing what he does best.

I'd go same again. While we lost two goals we didn't give QotS that many chances. The problem is the opposition score from a high percentage of the chances we offer up.

On the other hand we have a plethora of attacking talent from middle to front as well as the full backs chipping in with assists and goals.

Constant chopping and changing of the starting line-up isn't good for anyone really.

It was nice to be entertained in the first half last week by the football on display and holding out for the win made it a good day all round.

We've stunk on the road for a long time in the league but we did finish on the front foot at Inverness despite the first half circus leaving us with too much to do 

I'm not saying we will win but I'd be very disappointed if the team doesn't come back from Fife with at least a point.

OTIG FTOF

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Prince of Partick said:

Same team as last week for me, possibly change Storer for Bryce on the bench.

Maybe a bit controversial but I think Bell has been at fault  for a few goals recently so Sneddon for Bell would not disappoint me. 

Bell hasn’t impressed me very much either. 

Downside of Sneddon is that he has been shipping a lot of goals with the reserves. His confidence can’t be very high.

somewhat quirkily, a rinse and repeat stat from a couple of weeks back...

:detective:

Jags are currently on a great run of 4 games without conceding a goal at East End Park. It's jointly the club's second longest run on enemy territory alongside similar streaks of 4 at Brockville (1971-1975), Caledonian Stadium (2014-2017), East End Park (1976-1983), Shawfield (1927-1929), Somerset Park (1915-1918) and Station Park (1990-1998).

02.03.2013 Dunfermline Athletic [a]  W4-0 (SFL First Division - game 24)
18.08.2012 Dunfermline Athletic [a]  W1-0 (SFL First Division - game 2)
26.03.2011 Dunfermline Athletic [a]  D0-0 (SFL First Division - game 28)
14.12.2010 Dunfermline Athletic [a]  D0-0 (SFL First Division - game 15)

As you may recall, the record of 7-in-a-row at Rugby Park in the early 80s remains well in front as things stand.

First game of the season this evening. Living in Perth, this is just about the closest fixture.

Obviously not seen new players in person yet, but wouldn't a central midfield pairing of Bryce and Bannigan have potential - a disrupter and an orchestrator? Appreciate that Bryce hasn't looked the part yet though and not saying that's who we should go with this evening.

Could be a 3 at the back but would have thought he would bring in Scobbie rather than Penrice.
Archie could also bring in Andrew Mccarthy back. 

Both Banzo and Slater moved the ball very well last week but Slater should have closed down Dobbie quicker for his goal last week. Also Banzo should have been closer to Harkins when he broke last week for the second goal. 

7 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

Could be a 3 at the back but would have thought he would bring in Scobbie rather than Penrice.
Archie could also bring in Andrew Mccarthy back. 

Both Banzo and Slater moved the ball very well last week but Slater should have closed down Dobbie quicker for his goal last week. Also Banzo should have been closer to Harkins when he broke last week for the second goal. 

Players aint perfect. Look for the greater good