Dunfermline away.

Garscube Road End

3 minutes ago, macaroon said:

Could have been more than 1-0.     Maybe Robinson was getting it from the away support but the get it up yeez gesture reflects badly on the keeper and contrast with Craigen who applauded the Jags support, good lad James.

James Craigen was playing right back tonight , are we looking for a right back ?

11 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

Watched 2nd half with no sound.

Jags blootered it back to Pars constantly. They were as bad as we were. But couldn’t believe their luck at such incompetence.

We were never ever going to score.

We are terrified. 

Go now Archie before we are sucked into relegation.

Dunfermline were as shite as we were but at least they took confidence from taking the lead and tried to kill the game. If we'd been given a gift lead we'd have shat ourselves and you can bet it wouldn't have been the last minute of injury time before Dunfermline showed any urgency.

Can see why Archie wanted to give three at the back a try but we never looked like scoring against a really poor side. Taking off Doolan and spittal were odd decisions for me given they have been in a bit of form.

He’s given himself a problem with Elliot though- poor going forward and a liability at the back but he can’t drop him

Just now we can’t play as a 3 because the 2 players Penrice
and Elliott aren’t wing backs they play as full backs so the perceived 3 at the back becomes a 5
No idea what the manager thinks as you need the personnel to play that system and we haven’t got an ATS or a Stephen O’Donnell at this moment to even try to play that way

Clueless tactics

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

As I mentioned before, can we really say that a team that hasn't won a single away match in almost 30 attempts is being "managed"? Even could get that kind of performance from a team.

30 attempts?. Our away record is shocking, but it has been only 5 'league games '.

• Like 1

My pre match optimism was dampened when I saw the line up on the way to the match. Decent performance going forward last week so expected the same team again. 3-5-2?  I wonder why he would do that.

Then, when the game started, I couldn't really work out why Storey wasn't playing up front. Then I realised we were actually playing a 3-6-1, with Doolan isolated in attack.

This, against a bang average Dunfermline who hadn't won since the first game of the season, and have shipped three goals to Inverness and Ross County and four to Ayr United. 

A masterstroke. 

5 hours ago, javeajag said:

I think we can see the pattern for this season emerging ... pretty good at home which will keep us out of trouble hopefully but dreadful away from home where we will not pick up any points .... our away stats so far are really dreadful .,, mid table mediocrity hopefully ?

I expect that pattern to be broken next week. And probably the week after that too. 

From the BBC website :-

The decisive goal came in calamitous fashion with 69 minutes on the clock.

Andy Ryan sent a teasing cross into the danger area over the heads of the home attackers but, as Niall Keown attempted to clear, he knocked the ball straight into the path of Connolly to tap in.

Christie Elliot of the hook ???

40 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I wouldn't have said it was a howler from Elliott, more an unlucky bounce off his heel.

But, we gave Dunfermline a real masterclass in useless sideways and backwards passing while they simply stood and let us do it... no threat, no goals, no chance of winning with that style of play.

It was a howler because if he had any awareness he would have just left it to go out of play. 

3 hours ago, joekea said:

We were soooo bad last night that I turned the picture off and kept the sound on!!

Ha ha that made me spit my tea out my nose. Brilliant

Game was torture to watch. Feel sorry for Elliott. He is clearly not comfortable at right back. Also for doolan totally isolated with no support but archie wont change his lone striker tactics anytime soon.

Time's up for him surely.