Caldwell

Jagsman

45 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I’m not sure using Ross County re player budget is that relevant in our league, think a lot of their budget is really about attracting players to Dingwall and obviously a lot of their players relocating . When you take into account that part time Alloa have taken 4 points out of 6 from us and Ayr United are top of the league then I’m not sure the budget theories come into play at all.

IMO , our problems have came from mismanagement in terms of the standard of players we’ve recruited and also the balance of the squad . Whether the January window can sort this is doubtful , probably coming down to getting contracted players to move on .

Well. that's mostly agreeing with what I was saying. We're doing miserably in relation to most of the League. I was merely pointing out that you can NEVER use Ross County as any sort of yardstick. They don't have a player budget in the normal sense of the term. When things aren't going well, regardless of what they've spent in the summer, McGregor just digs into his pocket and produces more cash in January. Been doing it for years.

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Well. that's mostly agreeing with what I was saying. We're doing miserably in relation to most of the League. I was merely pointing out that you can NEVER use Ross County as any sort of yardstick. They don't have a player budget in the normal sense of the term. When things aren't going well, regardless of what they've spent in the summer, McGregor just digs into his pocket and produces more cash in January. Been doing it for years.

To be honest, I'd love somebody to be willing to do that kind of digging for Thistle when it was needed.

• Like 1

So was a 3 month probationary period written into GCs contract? 

If so we are at the beginning of the third month and need to activate it soon. If not then why the hell not. If Livi and presumably St Mirren had the foresight to insist on such a clause then why not us. If GB did not approve of the appointment he should have insisted on such a clause. 

I noted this week that in his latest presentation to the board GC claimed that players fitness had increased by 10% under him and the board appeared to accept this. Should they not have been asking why if the players were fitter the points gained by these fitter players had dropped by 45%.

We are sleepwalking into the seaside leagues. The whole club is an amateur shambles just now. GC does not need more time, he has already demonstrated he's not up to the job. Time to get rid of Now! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Alf Stamps Socks said:

If so we are at the beginning of the third month and need to activate it soon. If not then why the hell not. If Livi and presumably St Mirren had the foresight to insist on such a clause then why not us. If GB did not approve of the appointment he should have insisted on such a clause. 

I noted this week that in his latest presentation to the board GC claimed that players fitness had increased by 10% under him and the board appeared to accept this. Should they not have been asking why if the players were fitter the points gained by these fitter players had dropped by 45%.

We are sleepwalking into the seaside leagues. The whole club is an amateur shambles just now. GC does not need more time, he has already demonstrated he's not up to the job. Time to get rid of Now! 

Agree. He reminds me of the pompous prats  that are on the Apprentice. In their mind they can do no wrong. Anything that does go wrong, has nothing to do with them and anything that goes right/improves it is all to do with them. We need Alan Sugar to say 'Your fired Gary'. 

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Alf Stamps Socks said:

Great post ,not interested in % managers , think everybody who watches games knows how the team and players played without being told some players are 10% fitter , the bottom line is we need to win football matches rather than listen to stats nonsense.

• Like 1

I have always thought Caldwell should be given time and the January window but even though I wasn't there today I can't help but feel this latest loss is the tipping point for me and he should be relieved of his duties. The last few games I've been to I have seen a slight improvement in certain things but at the end of the day the results and league table don't lie and we are getting worse. I don't know what is harder to take. The fact we are 22points from the top or behind a part time team at Christmas when we were promised a budget fit for promotion. I've been a jags fan for a long time now and I've seen some dark days in that period but when we hit top 6 and were good for it I genuinely thought we would kick on and at very least be an established mid table premiership side for the foreseeable future so for us to fall as far and as quickly as we have since then is very hard to stomach. 

• Like 1

Since Caldwell took over, I make it QoS 13, Morton and Alloa 12, Falkirk 10, Dunfermline 9, Thistle 5.

You can argue about whether our players are better than this. But we haven't lost any greats since we finished above ross county and virtually level with hamilton last season. Even allowing for a downward trend, this is shocking. 

At the final whistle, there was a sense of apathy and resignation about the fans. Never heard us so quiet after a match. Not much applause and not much booing, before Caldwell and some of the players came over to clap us.

no sign of mutumbo or Brice in the squad yesterday. Would imagine they will be gone in January. Thought we played not bad. But again we had no punch up front. Teams all know how to play against us. Just sit back and get us on the break. Didn’t think Ross county were great. They had a 10 min spell in the first half but apart from that they didn’t do much. 

Edited by northjag
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Alf Stamps Socks said:

allyo, 

See the PTFC Trust minutes last Tuesday on the official site. The guy is just full of bs and has got fitter players getting poorer results. Our board seems to think that this is progress and seem to be happy with how things are going. Fiddling and Rome burning come to mind. 

This calls it right. I’ve already said it multiple times on here but we have a PR person as Chairman who thinks just saying things like “communication is key” means that the club communicates.

The problem with having people like this in charge of the club is that they are easily impressed by others with equal levels of BS, as witnessed by Caldwell’s appointment, which seems to have been made because he delivered an interview which sounded like an early episode of The Apprentice. 

There has been no progress under Caldwell. None. And I am pig sick of hearing after games that we dominated matches. Yesterday we heard the same old stuff after a match in which we had ZERO shots on target. It’s alternate reality stuff. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu

To be fair, the BBC report says County only had 2 shots on target and they scored with them both.  Their co-manager is quoted as saying " Partick Thistle were excellent. They are one of the better sides we've played here".  Neither is there any contradiction of Caldwell's assertion that Thistle controlled long spells of the game. Another disappointing result of course but restricting the team that has just gone top of the league to one shot on target from open play at their ground is probably better than might have been expected (given the state we are in).   Lack of any threat up front is killing us.  A gap of 22 points between the two clubs that were relegated last season is a shocker.  

Just now, a f kincaid said:

To be fair, the BBC report says County only had 2 shots on target and they scored with them both.  Their co-manager is quoted as saying " Partick Thistle were excellent. They are one of the better sides we've played here".  Neither is there any contradiction of Caldwell's assertion that Thistle controlled long spells of the game. Another disappointing result of course but restricting the team that has just gone top of the league to one shot on target from open play at their ground is probably better than might have been expected (given the state we are in).   Lack of any threat up front is killing us.  A gap of 22 points between the two clubs that were relegated last season is a shocker.  

Having been at the game, our worst mistakes were not punished. So it definitely could have been worse and that was more likely than it being better. 

19 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

This calls it right. I’ve already said it multiple times on here but we have a PR person as Chairman who thinks just saying things like “communication is key” means that the club communicates.

The problem with having people like this in charge of the club is that they are easily impressed by others with equal levels of BS, as witnessed by Caldwell’s appointment, which seems to have been made because he delivered an interview which sounded like an early episode of The Apprentice. 

There has been no progress under Caldwell. None. And I am pig sick of hearing after games that we dominated matches. Yesterday we heard the same old stuff after a match in which we had ZERO shots on target. It’s alternate reality stuff. 

Its so insulting. It’s almost as if they believe the supporters will believe anything and are stupid. Perhaps they do. 

1 hour ago, a f kincaid said:

A gap of 22 points between the two clubs that were relegated last season is a shocker.  

This is my main concern. We were only 8 points behind Ross County when Archie was dispensed with for not making progress towards our ambition of promotion.

If we lose against Morton next Saturday, someone within the Club needs to make a difficult decision. The prospect of back-to-back relegations is simply unacceptable.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 10:23 PM, Auld Jag said:

I said at the time if I was wrong about this I would apologise. So sorry Mr Bannigan for doubting  your loyalty to the Thistle cause:worship:. Just back from having a meal out with the wife but as soon as I can eat it, I shall have a large slice of humble pie. Lets hope it is the start of better things to come at Firhill.

Again ran out of likes/ha ha's

16 hours ago, Big Col said:

Do the decent thing Gary, and resign. You’re clearly out of your depth and not up to the job . Go now and at least we’ll have a chance of staying up. Stay and we’re playing in League 1 next season.

For the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever

CALDWELL CALDWELL GET TAE FECK CALDWELL GET TAE FECK....

repeat until hoarse!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree. He reminds me of the pompous tw@ts  that are on the Apprentice. In their mind they can do no wrong. Anything that does go wrong, has nothing to do with them and anything that goes right/improves it is all to do with them. We need Alan Sugar to say 'Your fired Gary'. 

He is in the sandy clark and derek johnstone managerial appointment feck ups. I'd suggest he is worse. At least back then the shed had a collective voice. 

Some of our support seem content with the continuous peddling of patronising and delusional guff from the BoD and manager in the press and after match reactions. The sooner the head in the sand/wet wipe section of our support realise that this charlatan of a manager will get us relegated the better. Britton and Low's incompetence will set this Club back another 10 years and all the good foundations we've built since 2013 will be undone.

Our current predicament is an absolute disgrace. We are sleep walking into successive relegations for the SECOND time within 15 years.

12 hours ago, allyo said:

There's no such thing as 10% fitter. That is 100% bullsht. If he actually claimed that I'd  sack him  just for trying it on. 

10 hours ago, allyo said:

Since Caldwell took over, I make it QoS 13, Morton and Alloa 12, Falkirk 10, Dunfermline 9, Thistle 5.

You can argue about whether our players are better than this. But we haven't lost any greats since we finished above ross county and virtually level with hamilton last season. Even allowing for a downward trend, this is shocking. 

Yes we need a fit squad. But he was brought in to get better results than our previous management team who were sacked because we would not win promotion under them. Clearly that is now not going to happen. IMO there is only one stat that counts and that is the final result. In that stat Caldwell has failed miserably.

4 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

Some of our support seem content with the continuous peddling of patronising and delusional guff from the BoD and manager in the press and after match reactions. The sooner the head in the sand/wet wipe section of our support realise that this charlatan of a manager will get us relegated the better. Britton and Low's incompetence will set this Club back another 10 years and all the good foundations we've built since 2013 will be undone.

Our current predicament is an absolute disgrace. We are sleep walking into successive relegations for the SECOND time within 15 years.

I think most of the support realise having this guy as our manager is a big mistake. More worryingly it is the only people who can sack him who seem to think he is the right one to be our manager. 

• Like 1