Caldwell

Jagsman

11 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

You'll be waiting a while.

haha, aye whatever

its a grenade and why would anyone lob it in this week of all weeks

tell you what though, when the time comes, I will share it with you first though, sneak preview just for you x

Edited by jaf

Just now, laukat said:

So what you're implying is that he lied on his job application? Is that not grounds for dismissal?

Or are you saying that the people doing the interview should have a sufficient process in place to weed out the people that will lie to them?

Oh come on. I'm saying that every single person in the football world would promise the earth at an interview. It's normal to put a positive spin on things for obvious reasons. Grounds for dismissal.....if so 90 per cent of football managers would be instantly sacked. 

4 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

What did you expect Caldwell to say at the interview? How about " Jacqui this squad is full of the ineffective, the infirm, the has been. We have no chance of promotion as by the Jan window we will be treading water. I'll gut the squad then but hope to hang in there until then" " so can i get the job " ? Honesty sometimes doesn't get you the job.....

So he talked nonsense - and agreed to be judged against the board’s stated aims of automatic promotion - in order to get the job? Whilst knowing this wasn’t possible having done extensive research and preparation? Doesn’t reflect well. 

There’s a very simple question to ask. Having taken over in October, is being bottom of the league in January and relying upon desperately signing ageing journeymen in order to prevent catastrophe a failure or not? Or is it what we expected when he was appointed? 

2 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

What did you expect Caldwell to say at the interview? How about " Jacqui this squad is full of the ineffective, the infirm, the has been. We have no chance of promotion as by the Jan window we will be treading water. I'll gut the squad then but hope to hang in there until then" " so can i get the job " ? Honesty sometimes doesn't get you the job.....

Your point is valid but it goes wrong when the new management is clearly not working and then you have to make a decision, they gave Alan Archibald too long and we ended up relegated, do we sleepwalk into another relegation or do we become proactive and give someone else a chance to help us avoid another relegation, Caldwell has shown absolutely nothing to convince most of the supporters that’s he’s got what it takes .

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Your point is valid but it goes wrong when the new management is clearly not working and then you have to make a decision, they gave Alan Archibald too long and we ended up relegated, do we sleepwalk into another relegation or do we become proactive and give someone else a chance to help us avoid another relegation, Caldwell has shown absolutely nothing to convince most of the supporters that’s he’s got what it takes .

Time is running out I agree. I'm not happy where we are but some of the posts on this forum need to be balanced otherwise it becomes a horrible witch hunt. Also I sit in the Jackie husband stand and no one around me is calling for his head.....yet. The forum is only a snapshot of some of the support......not the majority.

Time is running out I agree. I'm not happy where we are but some of the posts on this forum need to be balanced otherwise it becomes a horrible witch hunt. Also I sit in the Jackie husband stand and no one around me is calling for his head.....yet. The forum is only a snapshot of some of the support......not the majority.

It’s kind of hard to be balanced when you’re sitting bottom of the league.

2 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

has clearly decided that a talented, committed, popular player (who has never once been accused in the past of attitude problems) doesn’t have a future here. 

How does anybody actually know this is true?

Ridiculous levels of hysteria from the Thistle support regarding all of this

I sit in JHS with my boy and we turned round to have a look at the crowd just before the kick off at the Morton game and just about everyone, young and old, looked depressed, totally and utterly miserable. It's terrible really when you think about it, as this is meant to be people going for a enjoyable day out.

Saturday is crunch time. If we win or draw things will chunter on. If we lose and lose badly, someone will have to take Caldwell out.

That statement has me very uncomfortable. I've never known Thistle to issue a statement on other clubs speaking to our players. These deals get done privately and then we get told. The only reason I can see for that statement is to try to deflect criticism or blame if/when he leaves. On to Chris Erskine. Basically to say, aye well you all thought he was a legend but look at that, he's gone and signed for someone else. Hung out to dry, all the pressure put on him. Not sure how he comes back from that.

Why? Because they know that the fans are very unhappy and they are losing us. Which is really sad but true. But this statement is really ill judged and will not help in any way.

I honestly don't know where this goes next. There is no doubt in my mind the Caldwell was a terrible appointment. I can't go along with the idea that he needs his own players and had no chance. Maybe not to win the league. But he inherited enough points and players to keep us off the bottom. I also think the club is looking really foolish, in almost everything it does right now.

Blah. I have no answers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

Why would the Chairman write it when the club employs a PR person? I suspect they wrote it and the Chief Exec signed it off, as is normal practice.

There has been a marked difference in both tone and content in the last 6 months - from the previous couple of years - given the PR Person hasnt changed fans are going to draw conclusions 

24 minutes ago, allyo said:

That statement has me very uncomfortable. I've never known Thistle to issue a statement on other clubs speaking to our players. These deals get done privately and then we get told. The only reason I can see for that statement is to try to deflect criticism or blame if/when he leaves. On to Chris Erskine. Basically to say, aye well you all thought he was a legend but look at that, he's gone and signed for someone else. Hung out to dry, all the pressure put on him. Not sure how he comes back from that.

Why? Because they know that the fans are very unhappy and they are losing us. Which is really sad but true. But this statement is really ill judged and will not help in any way.

I honestly don't know where this goes next. There is no doubt in my mind the Caldwell was a terrible appointment. I can't go along with the idea that he needs his own players and had no chance. Maybe not to win the league. But he inherited enough points and players to keep us off the bottom. I also think the club is looking really foolish, in almost everything it does right now.

Blah. I have no answers.

Who says Chris has signed for another club, I haven’t seen anyone mention he has signed for another club?

6 minutes ago, Gress said:

Who says Chris has signed for another club, I haven’t seen anyone mention he has signed for another club?

Nobody is suggesting he has, more that this statement reeks of the club 'getting their side of the story across' in the event that he does leave.

I don't think in 25 years of supporting Thistle I've ever been this disappointed in the way the club is dealing with a situation. 

Edited by Hopeless Unbeliever

it's a funny ol game 

here we are ,one of our players maybe moving on and maybe signing for the team that is sitting second , (with a game in hand), in our league

we are sitting bottom

it  appears there are possibly 2 premier league teams also  interested in signing him

right now we need all our best players available to get us out of this mess

debt free, new training facility,  you couldn't make this up

somebody has got to get a grip on this     now

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

So sack Caldwell ....,

new manager can’t have 12 games to make his mark so may be 6 or 8 if he doesn’t win sny if these then he has to go and we bring in another manager for the last 4-6 games ....

We did that with Dick Campbell and things improved - not saying it would work again but it has been done 

11 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

it's a funny ol game 

here we are ,one of our players maybe moving on and maybe signing for the team that is sitting second , (with a game in hand), in our league

we are sitting bottom

it  appears there are possibly 2 premier league teams also  interested in signing him

right now we need all our best players available to get us out of this mess

debt free, new training facility,  you couldn't make this up

somebody has got to get a grip on this     now

Can just visualise the scenario, we play Ayr United to avoid relegation and Erskine scores to condemn us to relegation 

If Chris Erskine is going to sign for anybody else , it surely shouldn’t be in the same division .