Dools optimistic!

Jagali

Would never doubt any directly attributed utterances from Kris Doolan. He always chooses his words carefully and he's probably one of our most articulate players ever.

His comments about his partnership with Quitongo are interesting. Suggests that the two will regularly both start for now at least. The salient words of course being the unquantifiable "given time". I'd be interested to hear other posters' views on this developing pairing. My own opinion being it'll be difficult to give time playing two strikers if neither is scoring (or even missing good chances). So we'd really need to see development in this partnership rather faster than at current level. 

On the plus side it looks to me that the pairing should be, if not quite ideal, very useful. Jai is capable of dragging defenders out of position. He's reasonably nippy and strong plus his hold up play isn't that shoddy. Give Doolan the space he's been crying out for and in this division he's still capable of a healthy goal tally. It's the given time thingy that worries me.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett