QOS away 1/12/18

Auld Jag

53 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

I've been away a lot over the past month and have obviously missed this. Is caldwell commuting to this job? Is he not daily hands on? P1ss poor show if that's the case. The position we and he are in, he needs to be at the helm 24/7 not p1ssing about on trains planes or automobiles ffs

Can't really blame him living where he does. As Gary himself says "it's an outstanding property, away from my homeland in a high pressure area. A brave possession, with control of the garden wall, and an understanding of how we want to live, a fantastic property." In fact not unlike a one up one down in Falkirk.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

Oh my! You are hilarious. You don't even know me. Make rather absurd assumptions are we Not?

Everythin u post is like ur talkin about a rival, so bad, negative an condescending about the club ur supposed to love, oh and i have met u, couple o years back, and u seemed a nice guy, so can u b a bit more accepting of the hard efforts the manager and players ar making, if the quality isnt there, it isnt there, but how do u think the players feel, gettin beat every wk

Just now, Keepthebaw said:

Everythin u post is like ur talkin about a rival, so bad, negative an condescending about the club ur supposed to love, oh and i have met u, couple o years back, and u seemed a nice guy, so can u b a bit more accepting of the hard efforts the manager and players ar making, if the quality isnt there, it isnt there, but how do u think the players feel, gettin beat every wk

Where have supposed to have met?

8 hours ago, Keepthebaw said:

Enough, i think we'll get a good win on Saturday,  u could see the sharpness of the passin has got much better, Fitzpatrick should replace Storey, therefore we'll get the ball into the box, other than that i expect the team to b unchanged, 2 nil t the jags

Not answering my question of when and where we have supposed to have met?

18 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Can't really blame him living where he does. As Gary himself says "it's an outstanding property, away from my homeland in a high pressure area. A brave possession, with control of the garden wall, and an understanding of how we want to live, a fantastic property." In fact not unlike a one up one down in Falkirk.

He sounds like an estate agent. Not saying he should stay in Maryhill tho why wouldn't he want to. And if he is maintaining full time hours then i've no criticism, up to him where he lives. As long as it's not an impactive factor on his or the teams performance.

The come back starts here

1 hour ago, Thistleberight said:

He sounds like an estate agent. Not saying he should stay in Maryhill tho why wouldn't he want to. And if he is maintaining full time hours then i've no criticism, up to him where he lives. As long as it's not an impactive factor on his or the teams performance.

The come back starts here

Caldwell has had enough time to appreciate why we don’t score many goals,  because there are 2 or 3 supposed attack minded players who can’t do their job week after week.

Hes had sufficient time to identify the culprits and get rid of them. Perhaps onSaturday he’ll have a light bulb moment.

9 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

Think we will go 3 at the back for this one. Try to combat Dobbie. 

We’ve not got the players to play 3 at the back as has been proven time after time , it only really works if you’ve got two wing backs bombing on , otherwise the 3 at the back becomes a 5  and as in the Falkirk game we get penned in . I’ve no idea why managers like Archibald and now Caldwell seem to like this system as ultimately with our team it becomes a defensive set up especially if we play with defensive midfielder/s as well.

Let the players go for it and see if we can try and win a game for a change.

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

We’ve not got the players to play 3 at the back as has been proven time after time , it only really works if you’ve got two wing backs bombing on , otherwise the 3 at the back becomes a 5  and as in the Falkirk game we get penned in . I’ve no idea why managers like Archibald and now Caldwell seem to like this system as ultimately with our team it becomes a defensive set up especially if we play with defensive midfielder/s as well.

Agree with all that. Need to see Elliott and Penrice getting further forward more often if three at the back is to be used at all positively. Actually Elliott, if you excuse his erratic final ball, isn't the problem, but Penrice rarely ever takes a player on. Slight irony there as his delivery is a good bit above average. 

15 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Agree with all that. Need to see Elliott and Penrice getting further forward more often if three at the back is to be used at all positively. Actually Elliott, if you excuse his erratic final ball, isn't the problem, but Penrice rarely ever takes a player on. Slight irony there as his delivery is a good bit above average. 

Think you’re right re James Penrice, got to take into account he’s a young player and still developing but I don’t think he’ll end up playing full back but possibly a Centre midfield player as I don’t think he’s got the pace or fitness to play full back / wing back but definitely has got undoubted ability to use somewhere else on the pitch .

18 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

Caldwell has had enough time to appreciate why we don’t score many goals,  because there are 2 or 3 supposed attack minded players who can’t do their job week after week.

Hes had sufficient time to identify the culprits and get rid of them. Perhaps onSaturday he’ll have a light bulb moment.

I was hoping, prior to the new guy being appointed, that whoever came in would see what we can all see. So far he's doing a right good impression of not seeing the obvious. 

Miles is a complete sandancer, blair is, well, pants with sporadic passages of clever play, i'll stop here cos i don't want this to be a rant. I agree weebaw, he's got to identify the weakness in the team, there are some players who have had their chance to impress and need dropped and released.

7 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Think you’re right re James Penrice, got to take into account he’s a young player and still developing but I don’t think he’ll end up playing full back but possibly a Centre midfield player as I don’t think he’s got the pace or fitness to play full back / wing back but definitely has got undoubted ability to use somewhere else on the pitch .

This and LIB's post raises an interesting point/ question, well for me anyway.

How much self autonomy do the players have when they cross the line onto the pitch on match day. Like, during the game. If caldwell say tells penrice not to go too far forward and to sit in to combat the opposing wingers pace but once the game starts penrice realises he's got the measure of said player and could take him and the full back on get to the line and put a good ball into the box. Is he allowed to think for himself?

If he's ben told not to bomb up the wing like an ATS or SO'D, would that explain why he doesn't take anyone on. There's a crackin wee player there who i think can do much better but i get the impression he's being suffocated by tactics.

13 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

I did hear that James has been working hard on his fitness, and I do know that he's more than capable of taking his man on. Why he doesn't do that more often might be he doesn't want to be the one to lose possession so doesn't take the chance. Perhaps as much to do with being part of a lack in team confidence in general rather than anything deep rooted

If Penrice does move to another position, and he is a versatile player, I think it will be more to do with the defensive side of his game. Gotta say that I'm not meaning to single him out as I believe James is far from being one of our major worries.