Ex-Thistle Players Scoring

Jaggernaut

9 minutes ago, jaggy said:

bit of a party animal from what I hear. Probably found his level, but maybe he could have done us a turn this season

Was on loan at Dumbarton last season and didn't do much in the Championship. He has either found his level.  Or a manager who can get a level of performance other managers couldn't .

Remarkable turn around. Saw a lot of Nisbet in the U20s. Didn't think he'd have much of a future with us in the top flight but possibly as a squad player in the league we're now in. If he'd done anything on loan at Dumbarton he may have been kept on. He's not too slow for a big fella, got a good eye for a goal and not easily brushed off the ball. So a sort of template striker for League 2. 

Personally if it came to a straight choice between Storey and Nisbet I don't believe we're worse of with what we've got. Nisbet would likely be played wide of centre and expected to get into striking positions rather than an out and out spearhead, so the comparison is valid. That said if we started actually making clear cut goal chances and Storey continues with his clueless decision making then I'd change my mind.

McDaid's the guy I'd have back. Not that he's that good, rather because he's stretch defences far more than the likes of Storey or Mutombo. 

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

• 2 years later...

Just thought I'd resurrect this old thread just because I noticed that Ricky Little scored Arbroath's equalizer at the weekend. He made only 4 first team appearances for us, according to Wiki, but I remember thinking he looked quite useful back then.

He's not far off 200 appearances for the Red Lichties; been with them for the past seven seasons.